Impellam Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Impellam Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Impellam Group

2.4

HR- Department Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Impellam Group in September 2020.

Interview

all steps were completed within 3 days. Spoke with Manager and VP of HR. They were so welcoming and made me believe in what they were trying to accomplish. There was a bit of pressure from the manager for me to accept at the cost of other interviews I was in final stages for.

Interview Questions

Impellam Group Response

18 Jan 2021 – Brand Marketing & Corporate Communications Executive

Thank you for the interview review - welcome to Impellam Group!

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Impellam Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

all interviews were conducted via phone or zoom due to covid restrictions. very informal interview - more conversational. they are definitely looking for more of a culture fit, along with a recruiting background. interviewed with three different people and they all had similar interview questions. they are transparent with i liked as well. i was impressed & they got me excited for the role. position has been put on hold since they are under a hiring freeze for internal talent.

Temporary MSP Talent Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Impellam Group.

Interview

Interview in progress I will update soon. I was contacted via email and asked to schedule a telephone interview for the following Monday; this would have happened within 24hrs of the initial request; however the original email ended up in a folder I never think to check

Interview Questions

• I’m guessing, Career goals?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Impellam Group (Charlotte, NC (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The company that Impellam placed me with was one the worlds largest engineering firm. Be prepared for a panel interview with at least 7 to 10 people. Be prepared for case study that would last from 20 to 30 min describing how you would contribute to the role

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your daily routines as an admin in your previous role.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Impellam Group (Miramar, FL (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was done fairly quickly. Met with manager and a couple other team members. All were friendly! It was more on a conversation then a typical Q & A. Besides your experience, they really care about your personality matching the companies cultural values.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Impellam Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I met with the manager who actually brought in a recruiter to interview me because she had no idea what my job would really entail. She had no experience as a manager and pretty much got the job by default and there was only 2 people working in the office at the time including me.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Impellam Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Very conversational, easy, did not ask any difficult questions. I think they were looking more for a culture fit for this entry level position. I met with 2 different managers in the office. Neither of them asked very many work related questions, it was more about my personality and how I would fit in with the team.

Interview Questions

• What do I like to do in my free time   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Impellam Group (Luton, East of England, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Discussion with the recruitment agency to determine whether I could be put forward to the company. A telephone interview followed by a further telephone call to cover off any questions and determine interest and finally a face-to-face interview.
    On the day of the interview a car parking space had not been booked, neither had a room. It was a hot day and a 2 hr round-trip and neither refreshment nor toilets were offered. I was told I would be informed of their decision by close of play the following day - no communication was ever received. I had to chase the recruitment agent (part of the Impellam Group) to find out the results of the interview. Feedback was not provided even after it was specifically requested.
    The entire process made me feel as if the company does not value contractors. Based on my experience I would not recommend the Impellam Group to any of my contacts.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a contractor rather than PAYE as to me this means you do not like to be managed and are not seeking career progression?   Answer Question
    • What methodology do you follow to aid your working with other people?   Answer Question

Head of Brand Consltancy Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Impellam Group (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

After being contacted by a specialist recruitment agency, I was informed of the role and if I would be interested. I spent a hour with the agency talking over the role and team structure. Once this was completed I was then invited to meet one of the senior leadership team and had a further 2 meetings, on my experience and suitability. At this point I was offered a role but I was asked to provide referees and until they were confirmed I was not sent the contract - which is standard procedure.

Interview Questions

• I went into detail about my former years working at Shell - working across different geographies and with different brands.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Impellam Group (London, England) in February 2016.

Interview

3 interview stage process, a complete waste of time. Feedback was that I was perfect for the job but feared I would book holidays when projects got difficult as that is what I had done in the past. This angered me slightly as I have never booked holidays on projects that have got difficult. If I had every been on holiday during a go-live (for my birthday) where a project had been delayed I had even gone so far as to log on whilst on holiday and travel to local offices if required. This feedback I took offensively as I have always been that person that goes above and beyond on all my projects.

Also they interviewed a contractor (myself) for a perm role and then said they were concerned (1 month later) that as a contractor i would have trouble adapting to the life of a perm member of staff, i.e. what would stop a contractor from getting up and leaving, a question I think the panel should have considered before asking an applicant to get involved in the interview process. Again a comment which is fair enough but why even consider contractors in the mix for the application if that is going to be a fear.

My general impression from the interview process was that the project role Impellam were looking to fill had a lot of issues, there was a lot of fear and a lot of politics. During the 3rd interview I asked a question re the main concerns on the project and was told that I would have to sign an NDA to get an answer to that question. The selection committee sounded nice enough, I am glad it ended the way it did as the offer I did get in the end from a different company is pretty impressive.

My advise to Impellam - consider your applicants time when interviewing, provide honest feedback.

Interview Questions

• Have you watched private ryan, if you were private ryan in the scene when they land off the boat in the sea what would you do.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.