Imperial College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Imperial College London Interview Questions

Interviews at Imperial College London

2.7

Business Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Imperial College London in February 2019.

Interview

It was a short interview with 6 questions. All of them are behavioral based. I got the interview about two months after applying and offer about two weeks after the interview.

MSC Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London.

Interview

Kira video interview. You can practice for an unlimited time and then the actual interview. Give you 30 seconds to prepare and 1 minute to talk. The questions are relatively easy. Just practice with photobooth for some time and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one of your skills you develop outside academic and professional lives   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Very easy. I had one Skype interview with 2 faculty and made a 10 minute presentation relating to the research idea. This was followed by 20 minutes of questions about the post, my previous experience, publications and questions about my resume.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I was invited for a 20-minute panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept this job if offered? What's your A-Level?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imperial College London (Berkeley, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a skype interview with a professor. It was very informal. I suspect I was already chosen before the interview since most of the questions were regarding how easily I could move to London. I new my future supervisor before the interview, so the purpose of the interview seemed to be more of a formality. In fact, I remember the interviewer mentioning his department issued checklist very explicitly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I visited Imperial college in person. The professor who hired me took me to lunch and made Imperial appear to be an attractive place to work (which is not hard, it is a good place). Very casual. My pay was not negotiable. It was really just a matter of acceptance or rejection of his/her offer.

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Imperial College London.

Interview

Apply online, send CV and literature review to targeted professors, wait for the reply, book a face-to-face interview opportunity, answering the questions such as why imperial college and why PhD study and what is your plan and motivation?

Managerial Job (Administrative) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London.

Interview

Imperial Business School. Very disappointing interview. It was obvious that it was a fake interview (and I was proved to be right as I checked a few weeks later who was the successful candidate, and it was an internal member of staff who was offered the position). Panel very cold and unfriendly. Questions standard competency based- average difficulty. The problem was that the panel made it so obvious that they were not interested in what I was saying and it was very clear that they already knew who they would appoint. So even if there was 1% chance for me to be successful, the fact that they had a certain attitude made me unable to give my 100%.
    Advice: if you want to promote internal staff, don't arrange fake interviews (common practice in HE and the wider public sector). At least arrange INTERNAL interviews only- don't waste our time and money inviting external candidates to attend an interview.

Assistant Office Manager Interview

Interview

Brief written task focussing on prioritisation and email writing skills followed by panel interview. Panel were very pleasant and created a nice atmosphere. Although they sent a map, the building was hard to find and required some further research.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a request for sensitive colleague information?   Answer Question

Masters Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Six questions: five oral, one written. 30 seconds to think, 1-2 minutes to answer.
    Questions varied from vague open-ended to see how you can direct the conversation, to much more specific questions to assess how you can think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• In the last 10 years, the music industry has changed significantly with the development of downloads and online platforms. How do you see it changing over the next 10 years?   1 Answer
    • Present yourself to five interviewers for your dream job.   1 Answer

Undergraduate Interview

Interview

Overseas interview with a cover letter and a technical question in the relevant domain. We had one week to complete it (around february). The technical question had to be answered under 3 pages. I got the offer later in april

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.