Imperial College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Imperial College London Interview Questions

Interviews at Imperial College London

2.8

Business Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Imperial College London in February 2019.

Interview

It was a short interview with 6 questions. All of them are behavioral based. I got the interview about two months after applying and offer about two weeks after the interview.

MSC Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial College London.

Interview

Kira video interview. You can practice for an unlimited time and then the actual interview. Give you 30 seconds to prepare and 1 minute to talk. The questions are relatively easy. Just practice with photobooth for some time and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one of your skills you develop outside academic and professional lives   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Very easy. I had one Skype interview with 2 faculty and made a 10 minute presentation relating to the research idea. This was followed by 20 minutes of questions about the post, my previous experience, publications and questions about my resume.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I was invited for a 20-minute panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept this job if offered? What's your A-Level?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imperial College London (Berkeley, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a skype interview with a professor. It was very informal. I suspect I was already chosen before the interview since most of the questions were regarding how easily I could move to London. I new my future supervisor before the interview, so the purpose of the interview seemed to be more of a formality. In fact, I remember the interviewer mentioning his department issued checklist very explicitly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I visited Imperial college in person. The professor who hired me took me to lunch and made Imperial appear to be an attractive place to work (which is not hard, it is a good place). Very casual. My pay was not negotiable. It was really just a matter of acceptance or rejection of his/her offer.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Imperial College London.

Interview

applied via Imperial system in February. heard nothing until mid April. after received the interview offer, 2 potential supervisor interviewed me. received a conditional offer after 10 days. met the condition after the final exam.

MSC Innovation & Entrepreneurship Interview

Interview

Submit online application then a Video interview online - roughly 6 questions. You get some time to prepare beforehand, 1 practice question. They asked you to have your passport or ID pic ready at the start.

Interview Questions

• Why this course ? Why you?
      What are your hobbies ?
      Some STAR technique questions I.e tell us about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Student Interview

Interview

Invited to imperial for a day. Day included a very short critical thinking test, followed by interview with 2 staff from department they were quite harsh and not very nice when you got something wrong

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London in August 2020.

Interview

I've heard terrible things about Imperial but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. Unfortuntely I should have trusted my instincts. Extremely rude panel with no interviewing skills whatsoever. I feel sorry for whoever got the job.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial College London (London, England) in August 2020.

Interview

The hiring PI was late to the interview and had very rude and condescending attitude. He seemed unimpressed by my skill sets which was not what he was looking for. My skill sets were clearly shown in CV and cover letter, one has to wonder why he selected me for interview if it was not matching with what he was looking for the job.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.