Improbable Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 159 of over 159 interviews

Employee Referral7%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Improbable

Application

I interviewed at Improbable

Interview

Just be excited about the role and the company. It really makes a difference. I would add to investigate a bit what the company does, they expand each year and make many changes.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What do you know about Improbable?
    Answer Question

Improbable

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Improbable in Oct 2021

Interview

I applied with my CV and cover letter, and a few days later was accepted to take the online coding tests. They give you a week to complete the test which was 2 questions. In my opinion, quite difficult compared to the hacker rank coding puzzles.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Improbable

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Improbable

Interview

Detailed and very intensive process meeting lots of different people in different functions, it was a positive if time consuming experience. Felt well organised and efficient but they number of interviews required was a little overwhelming.

Interview Questions
  • Draw out an example of system you designed

Improbable

Application

I interviewed at Improbable

Interview

First, I got a HackeRank challenge (45 - 70 minutes). Then an interview with HR (Talent Team) (~30-45 minutes). Then a Technical Remote Interview (1 hour) with one person. After that, I was unsuccessful so not sure what other stages there are but I would guess only one or two more stages.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Improbable

Application

I interviewed at Improbable

Interview

Off site interview: 1 coding challenge (timed) On site interview: 1 coding challenge (focusing on algorithms and data structures) This involved whiteboarding then implementing a solution in the presence of 2 software engineer leads. 1 networking problem with 2 software engineers Pair programming (30 min)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Improbable

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Improbable

Interview

There are way too many steps to this process (~8) with each step taking about an hour. The interviewers are unprepared and typically late, I would actively avoid this processes and find a company which values your time a bit more.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Improbable

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Improbable

Interview

Completed the hackerrank - 1 easy, 1 medium. Passed it. Then a recruiter contacted me to schedule a meeting. We had the meeting, I think she was in a bad mood cause she wasn't responding very well & gave few passive-aggressive responses to my questions. From my & my friend's experience, the engineers & recruiters have a lot of egos but their pay doesn't match that. They make you go through 10+ hour-long process but pay you peanuts.

Interview Questions
  • Be prepared to invest a lot of time for very little return. Not worth it.
2 people found this interview helpful

Improbable

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Improbable

Interview

The first stage was a chat with the engineering manager, discussing current skills, previous experiences and aspirations. The format was a quick introduction followed by an informal chat and then a few cultural and technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions about http to gauge high level knowledge on web technologies and network.

Improbable

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Improbable in Apr 2021

Interview

Cultural fit, cultural fit, cultural fit! The process is all about soft skills with kind of an obsession about the word humility (I agree with other feedback on this platform, it is only in the list of values not in the way they actually talk of themselves...). Hard skills interview involve trivial questions. Just a tons of open questions like "a time you had a problem in your life... and how would you do this differently.... ". System design interview was a bit weird with one person never speaking and little feedback whether they understood the conversation or not. They have a list of "flags" they are looking for and seems they are searching for them more than listening (at least 3 out of 5 interviewers). It is a start-up, people are a bit eccentric. Impression is they like the way they do things and are looking for someone to avoid shaking the boat. Corporate and consulting experience are not a plus. They are not even trying to sell the company, they are just screening your fitting. I am sure the company is scaling and going in a precise direction but after 5 hours it was not clear what are they looking for, which technology and delivery framework they are using. Little details given about the future of the company, and why someone should accept stock options in top of a market average salary (this is no Google salaries...).

Interview Questions
  • a time you had a problem in your life... and how would you do this differently....
1 person found this interview helpful

Improbable

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Improbable in Apr 2021

Interview

HR was great throughout the process, following which there was a coding round, then three separate interviews, which was difficult as they were back to back and required a lot of knowledge going in

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 159 Interviews