Improbable Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Improbable Interview Questions

Interviews at Improbable

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Improbable (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Very thorough process, overall took around 2 and a half months from first interview to offer.
    1. Initial Phone Screen with Talent (~30 min)
    2. Remote interview with an engineering manager (1 hr)
    3. Remote coding challenge with a SWE (1 hr)

The next 4 were onsite:
    4. System Design Interview (1 hr)
    5. Behavioral Interview with Delivery Manager (1 hr)
    6. Behavioral Interview with UX team (1 hr)
    7. Coding Interview with 2 SWEs (2 hrs)

8. Behavioral interview with a VP (1 hr)

The technical interviews were very different from most technical interviews I've experienced, rather than standing at a whiteboard answering questions the interviews were all a collaborative process with the interviewer, where asking questions was encouraged. Rather than being tested on what I knew, I was tested on how I solve problems.

The behavioral interviews were also very helpful in learning about the values and culture of the company, which is taken extremely seriously.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Improbable (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter.

The process lasted approximately 4 weeks and consisted of 5 interviews; half behavioral, half technical.

1. Recruiter phone screen

2. 1 on 1 technical challenge, Hackerrank shared editor + Google Hangouts

3. Onsite interview in D.C.
        3.1 Behavioral & Competency questions
        3.2 System Design
        3.3 Developer tools challenge
        3.4 1 on 1 technical challenge with Improbable's SDK

4. Head of D.C. Business behavioral interview

5. VP of Enterprise Business behavioral interview

The behavioral interviews are position tailored and laser focused on your past experiences and how you react to customer feedback, and adverse or difficult situations. The technical interviews are relatively straight forward; they give you an idea of what you'll be doing beforehand so you don't have to walk in blind. The 1 on 1 challenge over Google Hangouts is the closest to resembling a generic "algorithms" interview, while the remaining are designed to showcase your thought process and efficiency as a developer.

Though the company is small and most communication is with people based in London (e.g. timing issues, some video call lag) this was the most professional and well balanced interview process I've taken part in. The interviews were very thorough and enjoyable; as opposed to 5-6 algorithm questions, their interviews are geared to understand how you think and work as a developer.

At the end of each interview, you have the ability to ask questions. Given the breadth of interviewer backgrounds from across the company, you are able to get great understanding of company culture and what your role will be like.

Technical Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Improbable (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone screen and then content phone call. The recruiter was extremely slow after she initiated contact. Perhaps most ironic, the careers website talks about how they respect candidates’ time and respond quickly.

Interview Questions

• Typical resume review and project management questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

After submitting my application online, I heard back relatively quickly. From then on, the process with Improbable was fantastic. It might seem strange that I am leaving such a glowing review, especially as I wasn't chosen to move on with the process, but all my interactions with recruiters/interviewers were amazing. They responded promptly, proceeded with the process quickly, were informative, and most of all extremely friendly. Very impressed with the process overall, I think my experience reflects highly on the company culture.

Summer Interview

Interview

Hackerrank challenge pretty easy. Behavioral skype interview was not bad. Phone technical interview should not have been too hard however I messed it up. Final stage was an on site interview I didn't make.

Intern Interview

Interview

Had behavioral phone interview and was rejected after that with the explanation that they weren't looking for my skills even though their posting was incredibly vague about what skills they were looking for.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Improbable.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, followed by two technical screens, then an onsite interview. HR took over a month to get back to me, and that was only after I sent two emails to them asking about the update. The technical portion went really well, and the engineers seem to be really passionate about their product, but the unprofessionalism from HR made me want to never work here.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Improbable in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter.

Interview
    I had a call with a recruiter and I had a technical phone interview through the Google video call. Unfortunately, the quality of video call is really poor. I couldn't completely understand what the interviewer's questions. I did ask questions about the coding challenge but unfortunately, the interviewer did the really poor job on delivering question and requirements. Poor delivering message + poor video quality = wrong answer = end call early = bad experience ever

Interview Questions

• The code challenge is pretty easy but the requirement is not clear due to the poor video call quality.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Improbable in April 2017.

Interview

I passed the first 2 rounds and was told that I would fly out to SF for an onsite, but was later told that I would have to go through another round with a higher up guy. Did not make it through to the onsite after the 3rd phone call as they were looking for more experienced/senior level devs to start their new SF office...pretty disappointed

1. Speak with 2 Engineers.

2. Online code test via codebunk

3. Speak with VP of Engineering

4. Onsite

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Improbable (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Had two video chats with engineers/managers responsible for growing the new SF office. I then moved onto two onsite interviews. The second onsite interview was your standard coding interview. Two algorithms/data structures problems and one design problem.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.