Jane Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Jane Street

1,408 Interview Reviews

3.6

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

2x 1 hour phone calls and a 4hour Webex call
    Low level technical questions for 1st line support.
    Then higher level tech questions in next interview. A lot more getting to know about the company too.

Interview Questions

• What is pipeline in powershell?
      Difference between tcp and udp
      What is the registry in windows?
      How would you troubleshoot a printer not printing?   Answer Question

Trader Intern Interview

Interview

Multiple rounds of brainteasers, probability questions, and game theory/strategy questions. All the interviewers were super friendly. First I was emailed by the recruiter, pretty quickly after applying, and then pretty quickly scheduled a first round. My entire process took about 6 weeks, and I got cut on the third round.

Summer Trading Interview

Interview

4+ phone screens, lots of probability and market making games, little to no behavioral beyond why trading/why JS. long final round, very hard, many rounds, not sure if they re-interview.

Interview Questions

• make a market on a game involving randomness, use side bets   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

it was very short but good. asked many questions. I answered them all. overall a good interview. But wasn’t too fond of the place after the facts. Not too sad about not getting an offer.

Trading Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Submitted resume and recruiter reached out for phone screen. First screen was pretty easy, all questions can be solved with basic probability knowledge combined with some clever thinking to "find the trick." Second round was much harder. I thought I did well but did no advance.

Interview Questions

• Probability questions. Know conditional prob (bayes), fundamental rules, and markov chains   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

Very fast interview process. Same-day or next-day emails with recruiter. One technical phone interview consisting of probability puzzles. The interviewer was nice and gave solutions near the end. Received email rejection next day.

Interview Questions

• Person A walks up an escalator at 2 steps/second. Person B walks up an escalator at 3 steps/second. Person B gets on the escalator 5 seconds after A and arrives at the top X seconds after A. (I forgot the exact value of X) If the escalator is moving at 1 step/second, how many steps are visible on the escalator at a single point in time?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

Interview

Couple phone calls with traders mainly technical stuff and basic resume walkthrough. Interviewers were friendly and really walk you through the problem rather than just expecting a question they look at your thinking which is nice.

Quantitative Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street in December 2020.

Interview

Phone interview took 30 minutes. Interviewer was very friendly and walked me through a couple of steps where I got stuck. One logical question and one statistical question was asked.

Interview Questions

• Basic quantitative, logical, and statistical questions.   Answer Question

Trading Internship Interview

Interview

I received a first round interview through phone call, and I was on the phone with a trader. I was asked 2 probability and statistics questions, and overall had a lot of fun!

Interview Questions

• They asked me probability questions involving coin flipping and random events.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

They asked a range of questions about probability, chance, and light statistics. You do have a time limit to answer and it can be very nerve-wrecking. You should appear as confident as possible. I was asked some business questions as well - scenarios

Interview Questions

• They asked about an imaginary business scenario and how you could solve it   Answer Question

Quantitative Trader Interview

Interview

Got a phone screen. Was asked a couple easy questions about basic probability/statistics. I got through those really quick. Then got a difficult question I spent a lot of time on.

Interview Questions

• What is the probability of an even number of heads when flipping n coins?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.