Jane Street Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,611 of over 1,611.0 interviews

3.6
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Jane Street

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

2x 1 hour phone calls and a 4hour Webex call Low level technical questions for 1st line support. Then higher level tech questions in next interview. A lot more getting to know about the company too.

Interview Questions
  • What is pipeline in powershell? Difference between tcp and udp What is the registry in windows? How would you troubleshoot a printer not printing?
    Answer Question
6 people found this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Got a phone call and needed to explain my process of implementing data structure. Little algorithm knowledge needed. No personal questions or tests of university's knowledge. Worked on a text editor so no test checking either.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

Pretty solid interviews, 1 round of phone screen and 1 final onsite round. Use any language that you like and that's it. The interviews are friendly and answer most questions that you have.

Interview Questions
  • Coding questions: basic implementations and debugging by eyes.

Jane Street

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

1 hour phone interview with 2 traders. Questions were on game theory and were quite creative. No direct algorithmic solution feasible, approximations and exploration required. Interviewer may give guidance to ensure you are on the right track.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

recruiter got back to me after a few weeks of applying for first round take home case study. second round was logic questions and market sizing conducted by a recent hire from the internship program that you're applying for

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

1st round phone interview, around 30 minutes. 4 questions, first was a brain teaser, 2nd and 3rd questions were on probability and expected values. Last question was about independece of events.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

It was a very nice interview - they don't make you run your code and they're much more interested in your thought process. I think it was the ideal coding interview

Interview Questions
  • They gave me a programming question with multiple parts that got harder and harder

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

First round is a ~20 min phone call with a trader, asking basic math and probability questions. They are more concerned with your way of thinking rather than the answer itself. Think out loud and don't go silent!!

Interview Questions
  • Lowest integer for which the product of the digits is n.
  • Probability of getting atleast one head in 4 and 9 coin tosses
  • Simple inclusion exclusion question about the probability of raining on atleast one day on the weekend.

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

They delivered a phone interview to ask me several basic probability questions and strategic games and there will be a total of four interviews contain different levels of probability questions.

3 people found this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

A phone call, about 40 mins long, there was no formalities only vet technical questions. Around about 4 questions, with extensions to them if you completed them quickly. You were expected to talk through your thought process and methods for solving these questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Jane Street

Application

I interviewed at Jane Street

Interview

3 phone interviews, then final round. They asked multiple probability and math questions, with a focus on problem solving. The interviewer prodded me in the right direction a couple times when I made small mistakes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,611 Interviews