Jane Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Jane Street Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2017

3.6

Quantitative Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jane Street (Princeton, NJ (US)).

Interview

One math brainteaser and four probability questions that built off of each other. I got all of the answers correct with minimal assistance; however, I still did not receive a second round interview. I assume I took a little long to answer the questions (took a few minutes to answer 4/5 of the questions and ~15 seconds for one of the probability questions).

Interview Questions

• Find the smallest positive integer, x, such that the product of all the digits of x is 10,000   1 Answer

Software Engineer Summer Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me a few weeks after I submitted the online application through their website portal and scheduled a phone call a with a software engineer based in New York.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Very fast. I applied and it took less than 24 hours for a recruiter to reach out. Sounded like would immediately get a phone interview but slapped with a pre-activity.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street in October 2017.

Interview

I only had a phone call, the person was nice, but it wasn't comfortable answering stat questions in the phone. When answering questions, i was guided by the interviewer when I was unsure.

Quantitative Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Had a first round interview that lasted 30 minutes. Was all brain teasers and probability, no bs. Had time to ask questions at the end. Interviewer was nice, expected me to talk through thought process. Did not get second round.

Trading Desk Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Applied through career center, interview on campus about two weeks after I applied. All quantitive questions, there was a chance at the end to ask questions. They really want you to think out loud and explain your thought process since you aren't allowed to use pen and paper.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Excel problems that were e-mailed to me; then I sent them back with the answers.
    Then got scheduled for a phone call. Took the phone call and they asked me the following questions. I felt the interviewer was upset with me, and somewhat dry when it came time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• The bus question and the angle of a clock.
      Then mental math: 37^2, 15% of 130   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Round One 30 minute Phone Interview. Interviewer mentioned Jane Street interviews focus on problem solving and dove straight into them. She asked 3 questions, and leading questions that helped me out throughout. She asked me to clarify my answers each time. I was allowed to use paper and pen, but no calculator or computer. I had about 5 minutes to ask her questions about the compamy.

Interview Questions

• A man is on a 1/4 on a bridge. A train is coming the same direction he is going. The man can run across the bridge in the same direction and make in barely in time. He can also run backwards towards the train and also barely make it. How fast is the train going relative to the man.   1 Answer

Trading Desk Operation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Submitted my resume via the school's job board, then I received a online quiz which consists of excel questions. After that, I had a phone interview where the interviewer asked math questions and asked me not to use pen, paper and calculator.

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Four rounds, three on the phone one in person, got to the second round, all tech questions. Everything is probability or game theory, nothing that requires serious previous knowledge but must have strong intuitions for these and be able to explain thought process well.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.