Jane Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Jane Street Interview Questions

Updated 11 Dec 2017

3.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Applied to be a Trading Intern online and received a technical phone interview. Just did a few probability problems with my interviewer over the phone. Interviewer was very nice and helpful whenever I was stuck and gave tips on how to work on the problems.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, interviewers were backed up so I didn't get an interview until I told the recruiter I had other onsites coming up. Interview was an hour phone interview with a relatively straightforward question, followed by some time to ask about the company. Interviewer was very good.

Interview Questions

• A question related to evaluating arithmetic expressions with a twist.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

applied online through school, had phone screen with an engineer.
    A couple of math puzzles.
    Really nice interviewer. Got rejected the next day. I guess it took me more time than they liked

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Applied for the Business Development Intern position at my school's career fair. They sent me an excel exercise, which took me a bit more than 2 hours to complete (2 hrs was the recommended time). I was notified a few days later that they would not continue with the application process.

SWE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Phone interview, asked about probability questions. Seemed ok but arguably difficult if you weren't prepared or awake. They operate on New York eastern time so phone scheduling can get interesting

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick. They make you do a quick excel exercise, and if you get it right you here back from them very soon. However, it took two weeks for me to get a phone interview with them for some reason.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume online. Heard back from them fairly quickly. Scheduled a phone interview. Questions asked were not that hard. Got my rejection a few days after the interview. Very efficient.

Trading Desk Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jane Street in November 2017.

Interview

Just have the first round with them which is an overnight excel skill test. You will have 2-3 days to complete it. After a few days handed it in, I received the rejection letter.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, process took around 2 weeks. First step was completing excel exercises which took a couple of hours, then 1 phone interview that took around 15 minutes. The recruiter was extremely nice and informative about everything you need to know for the role and interview.

Interview Questions

• Angle between clock hands when it's 9.30   1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

I interviewed on phone. The first two rounds are probability and coding questions. The HR is very flexible with scheduling. The interviewers are particularly helpful, and they give generous hints.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.