JoVE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

JoVE Interview Questions

Interviews at JoVE

2.1

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JoVE.

Interview

Easy and short interview process. About 30 minutes of phone interview and then 2.30 - 3 hours of onsite. They will give you an offer and then revoke it. Pay is extremely below par :)
    Very unreliable, don't waste your time with them.

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JoVE.

Interview

I enjoyed meeting with the team during the first round. Very nice and straight forward people. I then met with the person who would be my boss. She came in with absolutely no questions and seemed completely disinterested from the moment I stepped in. The person told me mid interview that they basically did not click with me and although I was qualified for the job that they didn't feel that I would get it. The personthen continued on with the interview and I basically had to defend myself. I have never been in an interview before where the interviewer was that unprepared.

Curriculum Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JoVE in July 2019.

Interview

I was actually interviewed for 2 positions, the other being business development representative. For the curriculum specialist role, I was told that there are enough happy, energetic people on the team. I was also told that the hardest thing for part of the job for me would be sticking to a schedule.

Something Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JoVE (Cambridge, MA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Met with a senior employee. He was rude and came in talking loudly for no reason, his breathe smelled heavily of beer, and was carrying a glass of beer. Supposedly it is acceptable to drink alcohol at work there after closing a big sale. Clearly, he had a little too much if it was causing him to talk loudly and arrogantly.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this role? Are you persistant?   1 Answer

Review Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JoVE (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

Simple and straightforward process. I applied through a referral. Phone screen, followed by a reviewing assignment, and an on-site interview. the whole process took 2 weeks. Decision after the interview was made quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      Why are you well suited to the position?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JoVE (Cambridge, MA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by three different individuals ranging from two veteran employees in the same department as well as the President of Sales. They were all pretty relaxed and seemed mostly to care about my presentation and energy than any specific responses I had to their questions. A lot of emphasis was put on personality, emphasizing the importance of persistence in the position that I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Do you like baseball?
      What makes you want to do sales?
      How many calls do you think you can make in a day?   Answer Question

Science Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JoVE (Cambridge, MA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very pleasant, I interviewed with two people, 30 minutes each. They asked questions about my previous experience, my science knowledge, what I know about the company, and the science writer position I applied for. They explained the position in details, gave me the office tour, and asked when I could start. They emailed the offer two days later.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JoVE (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

Several editors asked questions regarding the scope of the journal and what kind of research would be beneficial to include in each section of the journal. Was also asked about my previous research experience. Entire process seemed disorganized and ill-prepared. Many confusing questions.

Interview Questions

• What specific laboratory techniques belong in each section of the journal?   1 Answer

Communications & Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JoVE (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

The process went fairly well in terms of scheduling the interview, and the actual interview itslef, however they seemed to want to know a lot of detail on salary information which in my opinion too soon for a first interview. After the interview I went home, e-mailed thank you emails and then never heard back. It is very upsetting to me, to invest time, preparation, and travel to interview at a fairly young company who does not have the common courtesy to at least notify me that I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my marketing and communications experiences specifically in academia/research   Answer Question

Public Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JoVE (Cambridge, MA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was contacted by HR within a week to come in for an interview.The interview process was straightforward. I was interviewed by the head of marketing, who had only been working at Jove for 6 months. She was polite and asked the usual interview questions.

I asked about all the negative glass door reviews and the interviewer said they were from disgruntled employees who did not meet their sales quota. I had the impression that the CEO was a task master and unless you performed, you would be out.

When I asked about next steps, she said the next round of candidates must prepare a full pitch for a public relations campaign for Jove. I left with the feeling that Jove was not a good fit for me. It is hard to understand why anyone would write a pitch for a company that is not paying them for the work.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this position?   Answer Question
    • Have you done public relations on an international level?   Answer Question
    • What is your best non earned media placement?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.