Johnson Matthey Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 10 Oct 2018

2.7

Sort:

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey.

Interview

There was a telephonic interview followed by an onsite interview. The questions were mostly related to my research work.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey in July 2015.

Interview

They went through my resume background, and they digged more about my experience based on that. There are two people interviewed me, they were both team members of the hiring position. The hiring manager didn't show up. It was a very casual interview, the interviewers are nice and friendly. It is not like a typical formal interview. Overall is great experience

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview, what interview. I was contacted and a phone interview was set up. Performed all my preparations; research, questions, reviewed my work history to align with the position, but when the time came for the interview, no call came, nothing. No notice of cancelation was given and after waiting 30 minutes I messaged in that I was not contacted & did not receive a notice of cancelation or a rescheduled time. I waited a week for a response before calling in again. When I did I got conflicting reasons for the “no call, no notice” and was told I would be contacted again. Later I was contacted by email and got additional conflicting messages along with the news of my cancelation and was informed that the position will not be filled. If this is how they treat job seekers during “the great recession” I can only imagine how they treat their employees once they are on-board.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview with Human Resources.
    Face to face interview with finance manager and senior member. I met with them individually.
    I received an offer and then had to have a drug test before it was official.
    I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you detail-oriented?
      Why do you want to work for Johnson Matthey?
      Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Laboratory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I interviewed twice with an Executive Recrutier in Salt Lake City, UT. Then I interviewed with the hiring manager. The executive recruiter did a good job of prepping me for the company interview. However, I was more qualified than the hiring manager. This did make getting the job offer easier.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disagreement between two co-workers in the lab?   1 Answer
    • Are you ok with passing through security every day and sometimes 2-3 times through a metal detector?   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downingtown, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Downingtown, PA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Contacted via email. Interview onsite with two managers at downingtown, PA facility. No difficult questions asked. They wanted a brief "explain yourself" monologue, explanation of the job tasks, and a tour of the facilities.

the managers were dishonest and tried to make it an unpaid internship eventhough it was advertised as paid. Had to negotiate with them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was over salary. Told them they advertised pay, they said they will have to see. got an email response later for salary.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devens, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Devens, MA (US)).

Interview

It took over two month from application submission to get response from HR personnel. I had two stage phone interview, with HR and Hiring Manager. About a week later, I was informed via email that I was still under consideration and further arrangement will follow. Later received automatic notice that they have selected somebody else.

Staff Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Devens, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Devens, MA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Meet with several supervisors and the group manager- be as clear on your knowledge as possible but also very honest. Very knowledgable people work here therefore they will not be fond of any BS

Interview Questions

• If your resume has any chemistry publications or indications on it... make sure you know it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didnt try

Process Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Wayne, PA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Met at my university's career fair, where they took my resume. Called then emailed me about setting up an interview. Had a full day onsite interview a few weeks later. Two other people interviewing that day as well. Did introductions, tour and lunch with them. Interviewed 1 on 1 with two people. Got call for job offer about three days later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions? They were good at providing information all day and asked this so many times it was hard to continuously come up with questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to push back my start date.

Process Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Matthey (Wayne, PA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Just gave them my resume at the career fair, received an e-mail asking for an interview and a plant tour. It was very laid back and we just kind of joked around with the HR people and some of the other engineers. I really enjoyed talking to all of them. They were a lot of fun. I did 2 one on one interviews with two different engineers and they were both fun to talk to.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.