Joules Clothing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Joules Clothing

2.3

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Joules Clothing (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Disorganised, Unprofessional, Frustrating.

I decided to apply for Joules because I saw that a new Joules store was being opened in my area and was intrigued by the brand. I was also recommended by the new Store Manager, having worked together in the past.
    I applied with my CV online and was quite surprised when I received a phone call more than 10 days later, more than a week after the deadline to apply for the vacancy was expired. Someone in the HR department asked me a few motivational questions on the phone (why do you want to work for Joules, what the brand means to you, etc.) and booked an interview for the following week. I was given two exercises to complete before the interview, which I did. They were quite time consuming: a SWOT analysis and a mystery shopper report, but I was happy to do them. My interview date was postponed twice at the last minute, due to my interviewer commitments, which I thought was quite unprofessional, considering the HR person was informed I had work related commitments myself. I finally met my interviewer in a cafe 20 days after my application and 10 days before the store opening.
    I went through both exercises and was asked very few questions during the whole process. I felt that my efforts were not being recognised as she looked quite distracted for the whole time. At the end of my presentation the only question I was asked was about my previous connection with the new Store Manager, which I found quite bizarre, given that I had already informed the HR of said connection. At the end of the interview I was told that she had to see other candidates and that the HR would call me in a week’s time. She assured me that I was to receive a call whether I had been successful or not.
    A week went by without any contact, so I decided to pick up the phone and call the HR. The HR person didn’t seem to know what I was talking about. She didn’t even remember my name (???). So she puts me on hold for quite a while, then she returned saying that she wasn’t able to contact my interviewer. She simply didn’t know where she was! In the meantime the store had opened and I couldn’t believe that they were not able to recruit the team in time. At that point I was not interested in working for the Company anymore but I could not let go without a clear explanation on what was going on. The HR person gave me just vague replies to my questions without providing any useful detail. She said she would find out and call me back, which she did two days later. She told me that the the interviewer was very impressed with my interview (?!?) and with the exercises I did, but she was on annual leave and a decision hadn’t been made yet. I thought that the whole process was very disorganised. How long was I supposed to wait? The HR lady said that a decision had to be made at the end of the week (in 4 days time). Needless to say, she didn’t call me. At this point I was quite upset and frustrated by the disorganised and disrespectful way the Company was communicating with me. By then I was quite sure that I had not been successful but I didn’t want to let go so easily. I thought I deserved to be told that I had been unsuccessful and why, considering the amount of time and effort I had put in the process.
    I decided to write an email and ask for feedback. I received a phone call two days later. The HR person told me again how impressed they were about my interview and my cv (?!?!?) , then she finally admitted that I had not been successful for the vacancy I had applied for, but that they had another job offer for me in another store if I was interested. They were probably waiting for me to say no and save them the embarrassment of a refusal, but I said yes (of course I am interested!). I wasn’t really, but I have to admit I was quite curious to see what they were up to. The HR lady said that it was fantastic and that my interviewer would call me directly to tell me about the proposal. I have never heard from her again.
    I would never recommend anyone to apply for a job in this Company. All I got was lies, unprofessionalism and time wasting.

Interview Questions

Joules Clothing Response

5 Oct 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent recruitment process with Joules. It is very disappointing to see that your experience has not been positive and we’d like to ensure that... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Joules Clothing (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

I spoke to an agent that got in touch with me. They arranged a Telephone interview which lasted 30 minutes. Two people on the call going through my experiences and CV. asking questions about what you did at particular companies

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgend, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Joules Clothing (Bridgend, Wales) in February 2019.

Interview

Both myself and family have been a customer of Joules for many years. The company has lots of heritage and as a brand they seemed to really look after their employees. Having lots of great careers benefits, potential career growth on paper (The Website) this was clear to be seen. This is the reason I was excited to apply for a position with the company.

In practice however is another story, as a future perspective employee my whole outlook on the company has now changed. Having an interview over two weeks ago, I still haven’t even had a response. In the interview I was told a response would be given within one week. I still am yet to receive a response, let alone 5 minutes of feedback of the interview.

In perspective I think I need to be right for the company, but also the company needs to be right for me. If you can’t even give an applicate a response who has prepared several hours, travelled and taken time out for an interview. Then is this a company I really want to work for? Or even be a customer for?

For the question "Did you get an offer?" I've had marked No as and just a hunch.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questioned were based on commerciality of a store you've managed   Answer Question

19 Feb 2019 – Resourcing Partner

I am so sorry that you have had such a negative experience with us and we will look into this further. We are carrying out additional training this year with our management teams to train them on... More

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Joules Clothing (Leeds, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Chatty and informal process that was easy to do. Asked relevant questions that sometimes made you think but nothing unexpected or too hard. They got in touch quickly afterwards.

Interview Questions

• How would you dress someone looking for a particular outfit   Answer Question

7 Mar 2019 – Resourcing Partner

Hi, thank you so much for your comments. We are delighted that you received such a positive experience and wish you the very best of luck in your career at Joules.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Joules Clothing (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Handed in my CV in store and then a few days later they phoned to arrange an interview day and time. Interview was held in an office above the shop. Was asked questions by the manager while assistant manager sat in corner taking notes. Asked to talk through my CV and then moved onto what she described as "set questions".

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Joules Clothing (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Informal interview so a comfortable experience. After answering a set of questions we did a practical assessment where I had to pick one piece of item and pretend to "sell" it to a customer and try to get them to buy it.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about Joules?   1 Answer
    • What ways did you make team work fun?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Joules Clothing.

Interview

After a brief application and sending of my CV online, I secured an interview with the company within the following few weeks. The interviewer was excellent; they were very friendly and had clear questions, which meant that they set the tone of the interview to be welcoming and mildly informal.

Interview Questions

• If you were a part of team all heading towards the same goal, how would you work to secure a positive result?   1 Answer

18 Sep 2018 – Resourcing Partner

Hi, we are so pleased that you had such a positive experience during your recruitment and interview process. We wish you the very best of luck with your new role!

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Joules Clothing.

Interview

Applied online and within 1 week I received a phone call to arrange an interview. It took place in a coffee shop and was conducted well. The interviewer had clearly taken time looking over my CV.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle competing priorities? Can you give an example?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Joules Clothing in January 2019.

Interview

I emailed my CV to the Joules recruitment team (I'd seen a job advertisement in the window of Joules in my local area) and received a phone call about a week later from the store manager asking if I wanted to come in for an interview. I went in for the interview - it was quite informal and lasted about an hour, I also had to perform a task (I had to put together an outfit and explain why I chose certain pieces). I received a phone call the next day, offering me the job.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Joules Clothing (London, England) in July 2013.

Interview

You would first send your CV and Covering Letter online. They would call you back, in this case it was the next day. Then a one on one interview with the manager. They were really friendly at first, told lies to get you to work for them. The store is very small, not a lot to do.

Interview Questions

• How would you create an enthusiastic environment between you and your colleagues (make it fun) ?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.