King's College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

King's College London Interview Questions

Interviews at King's College London

Java Developer Interview

Interview

interview n written test

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King's College London.

Interview

Application online, CV and cover letter. Invited for interview. About 30 to 40 mins interview. Questions on aspects of clinical trials. what to take into consideration in designing one. Other general statistics questions on how to interpret estimates such as odds ratios were asked. One particular question on how to handle a client who asks a difficult or tricky question during a consultation.

Analyst/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Interview

The process comprised a test and interview. The test was not verified beforehand, as some questions were ambiguous and there were data errors, which threw me off guard. This, plus the fact I was told to stop the test before my time was up someone who failed to accurately keep track of time meant I was prevented from completing all questions. Like all interviews I have had at King's, some questions involved lumping two, completely independent issues into one question, which was bizarre. Also, the way they apply their scoring system means if they don't fancy your answers as much anyone else, it doesn't matter how excellent your application was or experience level, the job is not yours, regardless if you're the best applicant! A rigid, parochial approach to say the least. Just like most interviews I've had with them, they delayed feedback as I was unsuccessful. However, they instantly contact successful applicants, which is nothing short of double standards.

They gave the job to a White person instead of an ethnic minority like myself, thereby reducing the BME percentage of people in the team and department. YET they wonder why they have still not met their own diversity targets! They are not doing enough to boost diversity, probably because on an individual basis, they don't care too much. In their view, they get paid good money and have other issues, so why bother thinking it's a big deal? Only if underrepresented people are hired will they personally care about and make a difference in Diversity and Inclusion matters. In fact, in 2012, their Athena Swan re-submission for the Bronze award got rejected. The underrepresented do not have equal chances right from the beginning of the recruitment process as compared to their counterparts due to aspects like cognitive biases, negative subconscious assumptions, etc. But King's have no plan to level the playing field regarding this specific matter.

The huge office I attended on the interview day had a tiny percentage of BME staff, which was not representative of London's diversity. Realistically, they will never meet their diversity targets, so if you're from an underrepresentative background, don't bother with King's.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London.

Interview

I interviews in September before the start of the year, very friendly and understanding staff and good working environment.A lot of questions but easy to prepare. Use STAR technique and have examples prepared

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us? What experience do you have with creative Clouds?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southwark, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at King's College London (Southwark, England) in October 2014.

Interview

You had to do a 15 minute test (replying to emails, making decisions on invented UCAS applications), before you had an interview with 2/3 people. Mine sort of played good cop-bad cop. Try and make them laugh and you're set to get the job!

Interview Questions

• Who do you imagine you would need to engage with to complete your work successfully?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

I was invited to complete a PC based task, which was divided into two parts and required individuals to complete both within a 30 minute time frame. Both tasks were fairly long and required thinking, some small searching for information and then writing up a response. I did not feel that the 30 minutes were sufficient for completing the two tasks. This was then followed up by a 30 minute panel interview.

Interview Questions

• I was mostly asked questions about my suitability for the role itself, what I understood about the role, how my previous experience had equipped me for the role, and how I would deal with certain workplace situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple. They require you to do a test first. It's written and basically checking to see how well you can follow instructions. They'll give you a list of criteria for being admitted into king's college and then 5 student applications. You have to decide if the student is accepted or rejected. Then the interview itself was with 3 people, each asking 3 questions which were standard.

Interview Questions

• How you would deal with someone who was being rude or aggravating?   1 Answer

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Computer based test.

1) Reply of an email enquire from a student on whether they can get admission for a particular program.
    2) 3 dummy applications for admission to KCL were given and I had to decide whether to accept, reject or refer to an admission academic.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want this job?
      2) Tell me about a time when you gave a great customer service?
      3) How do you deal with repetitive and sometimes monotonous tasks?
      4) What do you think the greatest difficulty about this job is?
      5) What will you excel at in this job and what will you struggle with?
      6)Another one is a scenario   Answer Question

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

KCL application form with statement. The interview and test lasted 1 hour - 30 mins to write an email response to a prospective student and decide whether 3 different candidates should be admitted or not. Then a panel interview (with 3 interviewers) which lasted around 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were given a large amount of boring tasks to complete?   Answer Question

Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for a job online and it took almost a month before the interview was arranged. The interview had two stages : a short test followed by a panel interview. The two woman who interviewed me were very nice and professional. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.