King's College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

King's College London Interview Questions

Interviews at King's College London

Event Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview includes two sections:

1. Writing skills test(20 minute );
    During my test, they gave a case that I have to contact a employer client for arranging his roadshow on campus via email. And the test is writing a proper email including all the requirements needed.
    2. A panel interview (30 minutes).
    The panel team include 3 members, including Events & Experiential Learning Manager, Head of Employer Engagement, and Events Manager (KV).

Interview Questions

• Q1: What do you think about this position?   Answer Question
    • Q2: How do you deal with the multiple tasks under high pressure?   Answer Question
    • Q3: Any case that you dealt with the situation that the date of your event had to be changed.   Answer Question
    • Q4: Any successful example of increasing the results of your job   Answer Question
    • Q5: Why you choose this position in Kings College?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Interview

Applied for a Position in the fundraising and supporter development Department. Great interview process, very fair and skills-based. They let you run through two interview stages, one is skills-based and Prior experience, the other one is value based, e.g. if your ethical and Moral Standards are in line with the company's.

Interview Questions

• In your Prior role, how large was the Budget you looked after?   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England).

Interview

Three person panel interview. It was a fairly straight forward interview. They asked behavioral style questions which I responded using the STAR technique. I wasn't the first choice candidate as they initially wanted someone with science/health knowledge. A few months later I received an email offering me the role, which I accepted.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Online application, online interview. 10 min presentation with questions on the presentation followed by questions by 3 different individuals including PI. The general process was described in the email. At the end I felt like, they already had someone in mind and were just trying to finish the process as it was required for the records.

Interview Questions

• Ranging from very basic questions to intricate details of the mechanisms   Answer Question

International Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

I was emailed that I have an interview two weeks prior to the date. I had to prepare a 10 minute presentation on a one year marketing strategy to attract American students. This took a lot of preparation and time. On the day of the interview, I came in, greeted the panel and gave the presentation immediately. After that, I was interviewed for about 10-15 minutes and then asked some of my own questions. The interview was a bit quick and as just the panel firing typical questions such as 'what do you think will be the biggest challenge' or 'how would you organise your time'. I then left and was told that I didn't get the job a week later. I asked for feedback twice to two different panel members and received no reply. It was only after I emailed HR that they forced a panel member to send me email feedback. This pissed me off as I have never been to a professional job interview that is reluctant to give feedback. Apart from that it was good but I shouldn't have to pester them and beg for feedback, it should be offered from the beginning.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England).

Interview

Extremely pleasant interview with kind and attentive panel. They really wanted to get the best out of the candidate. The interview itself was very conversational which made it easy to relax.

Interview Questions

• They provided me with a table of statistical output and asked me to interpret the results   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London.

Interview

Straightforward questions, why do you want this job, where are you headed career wise, asked if understood the nature of the role and how I can handle continuous interruptions as I would for a department

Interview Questions

• Why do want this job, as alot of people think this is a way in to research rather than committing to the role   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England).

Interview

Very professional and smooth.
    Great professional panel.
    They made me feel comfortable and the interview was focused on the person and the project.
    Other questions were around my previous experience and my previous studies

Interview Questions

• Which is your vision for a frailty front door service ?   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

I interviewed with a panel of three managers from across the library network. There was a test which involved observing the library query desk. The first three questions were based on this experience, including which queries you witnessed and how you felt about the space. A few variables there.

Questions were not what I anticipated, a few curveballs for such a basic role. One question covered several criteria that it was difficult to give one scenario for.

After the interview no one got back to me within the timeframe outlined. I tried to get in touch with HR but this was impossible. No reply to emails sent directly to HR officer who sent me the interview invitation and no answer/full voicemail inbox. You will not find a generic number for HR on their website or the Institution's recorded switchboard menu.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have responded to diverse queries in a diverse environment.   1 Answer

Community Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

They were very nice (two people), friendly, nice and quick to respond, about 20 min long and not stressful at all, they paid for the training and outside meetings as well

Interview Questions

• What do you think a good CF should do?
      Describe a good CF wit one word.
      If we were to hire you, what would you plan as an event   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.