King's College London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

King's College London Interview Questions

Interviews at King's College London

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at King's College London.

Interview

Friendly, warm, open and conversational approach to interviewing. Questions were specific to my CV as well as skills based questions with regards to demands of opportunity. Panel of three, line manager, and two professors. This was pre-covid so face-to-face.

Interview Questions

• You mention X on your CV, can you tell us a bit more about this?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in November 2020.

Interview

I applied online. The interview was also online via MS Teams. There were 2 people responsible for the interview. The interview involved some specific for the job questions and then some general questions.

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London in November 2020.

Interview

During COVID-19, I was invited to online interview 30 minutes with staffs in the department. I applied online for the position and got the email for an interview after 1-2 months. The outcome was e-mailed after interview around a week.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I've never written a review for an interview, but I felt that my particular experience at this organisation had to be written and shared. I received an email invitation to interview and was given a set time, not offered options. The process was a 10min presentation followed by a panel interview, with four people, via video call. I did enormous preparation in advance of the interview: researched, prepared and rehearsed my presentation multiple times. I also prepared for a number of interview questions and of course questions to ask the interviewers. My opinion of the actual interview is mixed and borderline negative. Having four members of staff on a panel says two things to me: 1 - they are spreading the responsibility of making a decision about the candidate they select, and 2 - to appear unnecessarily intimidating. Four people interviewing one person does not put a candidate at ease. During the interview, I felt the process was quite academic and formulaic, and the entire panel was female, which gave me pause. I also felt that some of the questions were not clearly worded - at one point I asked if they wanted me to provide an example as it wasn't clear. Following the interview, I received feedback promptly via email but the tone of the email was inappropriate, a bit condescending towards an experienced candidate, especially given the current Coronavirus climate where the job market is incredibly tough. They made a note of standard interview questions and made reference to the STAR technique. It almost felt like a feedback template, that they slightly adjusted for each candidate, as one of the questions they noted I answered perfectly (because one of the interviewers said 'perfect' after I had finished. The feedback also stated that I had asked too many questions - I asked four or five, I thought asking questions was usually viewed as a positive thing. Finally, they did not provide any feedback on my presentation which makes me wonder whether the only reason they wanted a presentation was for free ideas and were not in fact interested in my presentation or communication skills. This wasn't the first time I have interviewed with this organisation, but I'm afraid to say it might be the last.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what your biggest career achievement is?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in this role, and why do you think you would be suitable for it?   Answer Question

Admissions Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in June 2020.

Interview

Involved a test and interview. The test was 2 parts .One part was replying to a prospective applicant via email. The second part was assessing whether applications met the entry requirements of a course.

EAP Tutor - Pre-sessional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London in May 2020.

Interview

The interviewers were rude. One of the women was sitting there looking bored and uninterested. She spoke in a very rude and harsh tone before I had even began to speak. I felt very uncomfortable and judged despite being a highly qualified and competent candidate. I will never apply for a job here again due to this.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a student who told me a tutor had told them that paragraphing was not necessary in academic writing.   Answer Question

Event Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview includes two sections:

1. Writing skills test(20 minute );
    During my test, they gave a case that I have to contact a employer client for arranging his roadshow on campus via email. And the test is writing a proper email including all the requirements needed.
    2. A panel interview (30 minutes).
    The panel team include 3 members, including Events & Experiential Learning Manager, Head of Employer Engagement, and Events Manager (KV).

Interview Questions

• Q1: What do you think about this position?   Answer Question
    • Q2: How do you deal with the multiple tasks under high pressure?   Answer Question
    • Q3: Any case that you dealt with the situation that the date of your event had to be changed.   Answer Question
    • Q4: Any successful example of increasing the results of your job   Answer Question
    • Q5: Why you choose this position in Kings College?   Answer Question

Prospect Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Short time to prep answers to three 'core values' questions, then panel interview going through these responses and skills based questions.

Had to chase for response after not hearing back by the suggested date and did not receive any feedback despite request - interview took place just before Covid-19 lockdown so may have had an effect on the process, but it felt a little disheartening to have to actively chase for a response.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Interview

Applied for a Position in the fundraising and supporter development Department. Great interview process, very fair and skills-based. They let you run through two interview stages, one is skills-based and Prior experience, the other one is value based, e.g. if your ethical and Moral Standards are in line with the company's.

Interview Questions

• In your Prior role, how large was the Budget you looked after?   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England).

Interview

Three person panel interview. It was a fairly straight forward interview. They asked behavioral style questions which I responded using the STAR technique. I wasn't the first choice candidate as they initially wanted someone with science/health knowledge. A few months later I received an email offering me the role, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.