LateRooms.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

LateRooms.com Interview Questions

Updated 20 Sep 2017

UI-UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LateRooms.com (Manchester City Centre, England) in March 2016.

Interview

The process itself was very casual phone call followed by face to face interview. The original screener felt like it was there to gauge my understanding and perspective within the discipline. The face to face was more competence focused.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve conflicting stakeholder requirements   1 Answer
    • What things interest you personally   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at LateRooms.com in January 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview, discuss resume, career to date, technologies used, self learning and interests, talk about role, company, culture, people and opportunities available.
    Good modern and progressive process, with ability to collaboratively showcase knowledge at 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Teleconference with lead and senior develpers over Resume and experience, covering skill sets, positions held, self learning and interests in new technologies, and agile methods used. Discused what would be expected at 2nd interview.
      Good interview process, a lot more progressive than other companies that are stuck with archaic processes of Technical tests, followed by silly questions about CV rather than the role, career progression and development opps.   Answer Question

Call to 2nd interview, offered another position elsewhere.

Foundation Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LateRooms.com (Manchester, England) in November 2015.

Interview

I didn't have a formal interview process. I signed up for an experience day at a careers fair and then emailed my CV and explained why I wanted to work there. I was selected for the experience day, where I pair programmed with some of the developers, and the interview itself was pretty much a conversation.

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at LateRooms.com (Manchester City Centre, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was at their Manchester office. Formal setting with Head of Service and Transition Manager. First interview was very much a two way process with questions freely being answered as well as asked. Made to feel very welcome and job role was clearly spelt out to me and was left with no illusions as to what was required of me. Second interview was with director of development & head of architecture and was a real grilling with them asking deep questions about how I would handle certain situations.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at LateRooms.com (Manchester, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Telephone and face to face, so pretty much the usual, no prep required other than review of CV and your competencies so you can respond clearly and confidently to the questions. Felt relaxed at all stages of interview and was made to feel at ease. I have been to much harder interviews for lower saleries and had to prepare presentations etc, but this was all communication and natural, Delays between interview and offer meant I had accepted elsewhere. otherwise would have accepted happily as seemed a relaxed place to work. No requirment to provide ID at interview as I have been asked in many other places.

Interview Questions

• General telephone interview, a little bit about why you have applied and what you have done in previous roles and knowledge of Agile delivery
      Face to Face review of CV, how you see the role and your skills being used and what from past experience you could bring to role   Answer Question

First Line IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LateRooms.com (Manchester, England) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online.. Received a call within a few days to arrange an interview. Interview was with two people. Competency questions and going through CV. Wasn't too hard for me I felt.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LateRooms.com (Manchester, England) in January 2013.

Interview

Pair programming exercise with a 30 min time limit, 1 to 1 interview to discuss your development experience focusing primarily on how much unpaid out of hours self training you did per week and how much Test Driven Development experience you had. There was also an emphasis on peer pressure to attend regular weekend developer TDD conferences (in London) again unpaid and expected to be self funded as far as entrance tickets, hotels etc.

Interview Questions

• Mostly C sharp/TDD questions, also they want to know if you have worked on any large user base commercial websites before.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.