Legal & General Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Legal & General Interview Questions

Interviews at Legal & General

2.8

Director of Process Improvement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General (Frederick, MD (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The hiring process started with a screening interview over the phone with the recruiter. From there, I had two additional phone interviews, one with the hiring manager and the next with someone else in the current role. The second interview was to assess my technical skills. After the telephone interviews, I had two more in person interviews. The entire process took about three weeks, from the first screening interview up to the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a process improvement you have made with a significant financial return and customer impact.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Legal & General.

Interview

The interview starts as a group interview. You listen to a recording and then discuss as a group what the advisor had done wrong or could have improved on.
    Following this, you have an individual interview which asks the standard questions you would expect in an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you have an interest in working for Legal & General?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Legal & General.

Interview

Applied through a recruitment agency and got a call back to arrange an interview this was hosted over the phone with HR. They called me back the same day to tell me if I got the position or not.

Sustainability Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General.

Interview

It was a 30-minute long interview with the Lead Analyst. We've discussed topics on portfolio ESG integration and Paris Agreement alignment.
    He was really friendly and tried to get me to the right answer. The questions were generic and some knowledge in Fixed Income ESG integration would help.

Head of Change Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Legal & General (Solihull, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Telephone Interview with hiring manager, Face to face interview with 2 staff members one being the hiring manager then a panel interview .... took an age to hear back and didnt keep to timeframes promised... no feedback on why not accepted to next stage even though made it through to second stage f2f

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had an issue with regard to delivery and what you did to rectify it   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Legal & General (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Really nice offices, friendly and professional staff. Competency based interview but also friendly in approach. Made to feel at ease and the interview was held in a quiet office away from the main office.

C++ Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

I had one technical interview with two software engineers. They fired their questions at a very high rate: some where code reviews of snippet of codes on page, other where more theoretical about the C++ language.

Despite the pressure I managed to answer most of them quite well, I believe, and I asked feedback there and then. They told me the I answered all the questions and did better than many other candidates.

I would rate the interview as a positive experience if they at least had sent me a feedback or a response but they didn't.

One month later the recruiter called me to tell me that they wanted to "reopen the conversation" (because their first choice candidate had declined the offer). At the time I had found another job so I replied (to the recruiter) "fine, of course now the base salary must beat my current salary". The recruiter tried to convince me that it wasn't a good idea, but in the end I told him "ok, tell them that I'm happy to discuss with them, but you know that I want more". He came back and told me that, OK, they wanted to speak with me again. I asked him "what do they think about the fact that they must make a better offer than my current salary?" "Erm... I haven't told them that you found another job?". "Really? And how long do you think this will have to remain undisclosed?". He said that he would contact them again but eventually he admitted that I had become too expensive for them.

I guess this is a bad review of my recruiter but I expect a feedback when I'm not selected instead of being contacted only when your first choice doesn't accept your offer (and only because you consider me cheaper)

Interview Questions

• Usual questions about containers, virtual destructors, race conditions, etc.   Answer Question

Investment Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General (Cardiff, Wales) in November 2019.

Interview

Go to the company, there were two people who sat in the interview, one who was the manager for the team I was applying for and the other for another team. She mostly took down the note. The interview was behavioural, and the interviewers explained what they expected from each question. The would read the question and explain what they expect you to answer in the question. Very Interactive and at a point it becomes more of a discussion rather than and interview. Amazing process, amazing people.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you did something that negatively affected your team(This question really caught me off guard).   Answer Question
    • Talk about something that you can improve on. (Weakness basically)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Legal & General (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2019.

Interview

four rounds of interview which last for almost two months. first two rounds are phone chats with the management, third round - with the major stakeholders from the local team face-to-face, final round - VC with the headquarter.

Interview Questions

• tell us one of your failed projects and how did you manage it   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hove, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Legal & General (Hove, England).

Interview

Laborious and vague, they're just looking for numbers to fill seats. The interviews are usually carried out by unskilled team managers who have been given poor in house training and generally have no idea how the process works for which they are employing. They use the "star" system to check out tick boxes and the interviewer has trouble interpreting what you are trying to say as they have no experience in that area, only as a "team manager".

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions on transferable skills   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.