Lidl Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Lidl Interview Questions

Updated 13 Aug 2018

2.6

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilson, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Wilson, NC (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

group interview, asked about previous jobs experiences, what skills you have to offer and asked you to tell them about your self, asked what if questions, and how you handle scenarios

Interview Questions

• when was a time you gave exceptional customer service   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Newport News, VA (US)).

Interview

The interview was cold, ice cold. Pretty much no smiling, no warmness, very stoic, and no input to your conversations. It would lead to a bad impression of the company for some. However, they are simply trying to test you by being rigid and not providing any input to your interview. The end result makes things jarring, and tense. You seriously start to doubt if you're doing any good at all. I've spoken with many other associates who dealt with the same thing. It's basically a test to see how well you can hold under pressure. An assessment of self confidence. And for the love of god, practice answering interview questions, and make your resume a template to initiate conversation before attending the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you define great customer service?
      Why do you want to work for Lidl?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Do you have a question?   1 Answer

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a straight forward process. It entailed a screening call, then a Skype interview with managers followed by an in-person interview. At the beginning, I was impressed with the recruiter's responsiveness and attention to detail. The hiring managers however asked few questions to better understand how I can fit the position they were looking to fill. For the in-person interview, I can only remember the hiring managers asking about 5 questions. They also asked to provide them with a presentation about how I would go about establishing a Claims Department. The hiring managers were very young attorneys from Portugal. I was really surprised that they did not ask a lot more questions. Maybe they were just fishing for ideas on how to establish a Claims Department in the US? It is difficult to tell. I have been in enough, positive interviews, in which interviewers provide a concise and effective introduction to what they are looking for and what they are looking to do. Unfortunately, I can say that I had such experience here. I was not offered the position, but I wonder if that had to do more with my salary expectations (which I mentioned earlier in the process). Another advice for Lidl HR: if you chose not extend a job offer to a candidate, please be courteous and don't send a canned email message. I took two days of vacation for the out of state in-person interview and I felt it could have been better handled.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Spartanburg, SC (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for position on Indeed.com and scheduled interview electronically. The interview was given at a local community college. I was interviewed by the assistant store manager and the district manager. Being that the store wasn't open at the time, they informed me of my next steps in the process which included waiting on an email with information about my training in Charlotte,NC at a Lidl training center for several weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught an employee stealing from the company?   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mebane, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lidl (Mebane, NC (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied Online to Company website. Received a phone call requesting to do a phone Interview. Received a second call 7-10 later inviting to an in-person Interview. The Interview was with 2 Warehouse Team Leaders. Interview was about 30 minutes. Now will wait for hopefully a follow-up from the Company with 7-10 days. Felt the Interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an issue with a co-worker or supervisor and what did you handle that?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

short Phone Screen with recruiter , Skype interview with manager, presentation/panel interview a couple weeks later, presentation on local grocery market. Interviewers did not seem interested in the interview, kept looking out the window while i was talking. Was very obvious they were just interviewing people becasue they had to, and they had already made up their mind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I read the negative reviews on here and against my better judgement, still applied to work for Lidl. A couple of days after applying, I had a phone screen with someone in HR, who went over the job description, and told me they were looking to hire ASAP. The next week, I had a Skype interview with a manager, which went very well. We discussed their upcoming promotions, the analyst position, and their purchasing process. Days later, I was asked to come to Arlington for an in-person interview. I was introduced to other managers, who asked me to walk them through my resume. As soon as I started talking, one of the managers started looking out of the window. I was sitting across from him, so seeing him look past me was pretty awkward. Then, when they asked if I had any questions, I asked what was the work life balance was like (I had read some concerning reviews from previous/current employees), and they both looked at each other, and there was an awkward silence. The other manager starts stuttering, and basically says that because they're growing, there's a ton of night and weekend work. Then, I was given a break, and I sat in the lobby with other applicants while we waited to be called for the role play portion of the interview. I had to pretend that I was an employee trying to negotiate with a difficult vendor. I was sent an email the previous day from HR with the terms I had to get the "vendor" to agree to, and I wasn't allowed to bring any notes with me. After I finished the role play (I was able to remember 5 out of the 7 terms), I asked how much of my job would entail negotiating, and I was told little to none, since the managers determine and enforce the terms. Then why is this included in the hiring process!! Shortly after leaving, I received an email stating that I would not be receiving an offer. I have an idea of why I wasn't offered the job, but for the sake of being politically correct, I won't say it here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter then a Skype interview next. Was then invited for an in person interview. I was told I would be interviewing with the head of the department but when I got there I interviewed two different people. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and seemed like they already had someone else in mind but didn't want to cancel the interview. Emailed the next day with a general thank you for applying to our position but will be moving forward with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions like biggest weaknesses / greatest accomplishments.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Got flown out to Washington D.C for my third interview and spoke with the head of the department. The questions were difficult but not impossible. I believe if you know your craft and are confident in what you are interviewing for then you will do good. I was scared at first about this interview but then I realized that nothing can stop a confident person. Go in confident and everything will be ok

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process took forever to set up. Once times were set, Lidl was always late or the company that recruits for them never communicated there was a change until it was too late.

Interview Questions

• How can my experience be applied to the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.