Lidl Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Plymouth, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online where you have to complete a numeracy and literacy based test. The test is quite long.

After I passed this I got a call from HR where they performed a short interview over the phone asking questions like, "why do you want to work for Lidl", "what types of duties do you think the role involves" and then general questions such as how will you get to the store, availability ect. I was then asked I could attend an interview on the following week.

The in-store interview was straight forward and friendly, took about 30 mins. Some scenario questions such as how would you deal with a busy situation and give an example of a time you took initiative. Got a call a couple of days later where I offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a busy/pressurised situation, give an example of how you dealt with this.   2 Answers
    • What do you know about the role?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Applied for the role and then was invited to do the video portion of seven questions. And that’s were it ended... no follow up ... no response to email... nothing.... I certainly understand that they may have had a candidate already in the pipeline or an internal but who would know since there was no follow up or response to email? Be kind Human resource teams, reach out even if to let you down or decline the next steps but do the common decent thing and communicate.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it is an item was not in top quality but a customer wanted to buy all the bananas?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

even in the coronavirus season that we have upon us they did a pretty good job of making everybody feel comfortable in defusing many tension. It went along pretty well and I think they did a great job

Interview Questions

Interview

Very unprofessional. My interviewer miles just played on his phone the entire time. He let the other district manager interview me mostly, but she was for a different store! I was promised supervisor but hired for associate. Never promoted.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

Limited test time. You need to do courses in order to pass the tests. In Greece there is no meritocracy even to such multinationals. Please give opportunities to more people to work.

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

First there was a phone interview that was pretty upbeat. Then they call you in for a 4 hour assessment process at their corporate office in Arlington. Driving there was a pain. No reimbursement for your parking or time there, but they did offer refreshments and breads to nosh on. Three different assessments in different rooms. I was told to expect an answer by early the following week whether I was selected for the position. Got a generic email on Thursday letting me know that they passed. I'm sure there are a lot of people applying for these positions, but maintaining a deadline for communication only to let me know that I wasn't selected was very disheartening.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Lidl?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

Very common questions, met with 4 people during the final call. Very serious and structured. The initial screening was about 15-20 minutes and went over the basics of why you wanted to come to this company and what you can offer, then the final interview was more in depth and lasted an hour

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

There were three rounds of assessment, including online test and interviews.
    The first round of assessment is phone interview by Human Resources staff.
    Online test is fair in terms of difficulty.
    The human resources staff are nice and friendly.
    They usually speak in English.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Raleigh, NC (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

The process was two parts, a recruiters ALYCIA and the Regional Manager, bother were amicable enough questions were standard and due to the COVID-19 everything was phone and video interviews. The problem lays with the unprofessionalism and follow up. Do not state a day for follow up no matter the outcome and not follow through. I had a serious interest in joining this company, but if they don't have simple decency its probably best I was not hired. To be clear I sent three follow up emails to the recruiter over three weeks following the interview with no responses on the status. I finally got an automated response a full four weeks later, they never followed up themselves which they said they would and even specified a date, now I realize things happen and dates change but I personally reached out three times over a three week span and they never replied. This is a company that won't last in the US market, no with such lack of professionalism and basic manners.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (College Park, MD (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online at the Lidl Website and then was then contacted by email to set up a phone interview. Next, I had the phone interview and then was invited to Lidl HQ for the next round of in person interviews.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

Initial Job screen was fairly easy, just general questions-- who are you/ background. I got a call 3 days after i applied.
    Second interview was with 2 managers; favourite part of the interview! questions were challenging but not impossible-- really gave great insight about what was expected of you/ things they were looking for in a candidate and general situational questions.

Third interview is where everything went left. They flew me out, everything was fine. I had to take an excel test, then met with 2 directors/ VP's I guess. Questions that I was asked seemed to be way more advanced than what their job description implied. lasted about 1hr, one of the interviews pulled his phone out whilst I asked him questions-- super unprofessional, not a company that i would want to represent.

They did pay for my travel expenses, but I was told to keep my receipts from Airport the HQ, to be refunded for that, a few months have passed and I've yet to hear back from anyone regarding that. Really unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.