Lidl Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Lidl Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jan 2018

2.6

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email for initial call 3 weeks later. Be very careful, they are looking for young amd cheap talent. Can not live in DC area with what they pay.

Interview Questions

• Why am I considering working for Lidl   1 Answer

Contracts Administrator Assistant Interview

Interview

Phone interview. They went through all the questions to see if you were logistically capable of taking the position, such as proximity and expected wage. Had all the qualifications for the position, but they said the job pays $40,000 per year. In Arlington? Pay a livable wage.

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lidl (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

This was a two round process with a one on one and then a presentation that involved an additional Lidl employee. The presentation was based on whichever position you were applying for.

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lidl (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Standard initial process - phone screening, skype interview, final in person interview. Phone screening with HR was smooth, basic wok history and experience questions. Based off later interviews, it seems HR and hiring managers had different impressions of what is being looked for - experience wise. HR was looking for purchasing and product handling experience (procurement, product set up, current responsibilities). HR aaid they were hiring both Purchasing Managers and Senior Purchasing Managers and mentioned they thought I was qualified for both.

Skype interview was with hiring managers/direct report managers. They were friendly, and seemed interested to learn more about me. They implied I would only be considered for Purchasing Manager Role, not Senior Role. They addressed sub-par glassdoor reviews - poorly. Blaming turnover for this position on young and green hires - not addressing concerns about transparency or claims of favoritism.

The final interview I asked many questions to get a better picture of the department (my partner works in marketing). Unfortunately, the questions asked did not spur conversation with the purchasing directors. I did not get a great feeling from this interview. They brought up that they were considering a junior buyer role, implying I wasnt ready to walk into the position. I was not insulted that they questioned my skills or ability to do the job, but neither seemed able to focus on the late affernoon interview. Each of the directors was glued to their phone/tablet, checking their watches, and rushing the process along - almost annoyed I had more questions. They didnt take the time to invest in a real conversation with me, and at one point belittled my current role and employer.

Leaving the interview they said they would be in touch with me shortly. 5 weeks later, multiple requests with HR, and I have yet to hear back. I accepted a similar role elswhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a presentation that did not go as planned.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

I got an email for an interview asked me to go to a website and book a time for whenever is good for me. The interview was relatively easy and there were 2 managers - the store manager and the area manager- in the beginning, they said they wanted it to be as open as possible and that's what it came to be. A couple jokes were told and it lasted no less than 10 minutes. I received an offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• What is "good" customer service to you?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you were flexible at a job?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you showed great customer service?   Answer Question

Warehouse Lead/Kolder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lidl (High Point, NC (US)).

Interview

I got a call on Saturday of all days. Most companies will call and set up an phone interview during the week. For some reason I agreed to the phone interview on the spot because I do well with interviews but I was totally unprepared for the line of questioning that was coming my way.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you failed as a leader?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process took forever to set up. Once times were set, Lidl was always late or the company that recruits for them never communicated there was a change until it was too late.

Interview Questions

• How can my experience be applied to the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Alexandria, VA (US)).

Interview

Applied online, phone screening, Skype interview, then an in person interview at the DC office. Overall very negative impersonal experience. They ignored my salary requirements which were listed on the application and discussed during the phone screening. My offer was about half what I currently earn. Big waste of time and unprofessional.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

It was a new store opening so it was a very informal interview. There were 2 managers interviewing me. They just asked basic questions. I received an offer by email the next morning.

Land Acquisition Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Two interviews. One phone screening and one in person (Philly). Interviewers were impressed with my prompt response and ability to make the 3 hour drive on 18 hours notice.

Interviewers were disengaged almost entirely and seemed to lack the fundamental understanding of the position I was applying for. I was shocked to find out that a land acquisition team had 0 knowledge of GIS. It appeared that the interviewers had already made up their mind prior to my arrival and I was only meeting a quota.

Interview Questions

• What unique ability can you bring to our team?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.