Lidl Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Lidl Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2018

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

Applied online, received an email that the company would like to phone interview me for the position. After phone screen I was told that I would hear back within 1-2 weeks. I never heard back... I even sent an email to the woman who I'd been in contact with to ask about my status in the interview process. Didn't even have the decency to contact me back at all.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

I had a phone interview set up and the person with recruiting was supposed to call me. I waited and did not receive a call, I tried to email and make sure I had the times right but there was no response. I waited for an hour before giving up and hours later got a response saying a meeting had come up. She gave me times to reschedule the interview so I responded with some but never again got a response, even after I followed up a second time.

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

Interviewers were smug and very clearly unhappy. Even the receptionist was rude. Zero follow up from HR making the entire process a waste of time. Very bad vibe in the air, clear that the morale is toxic and turnover is high!

Interview Questions

• Explain your professional background
      What is your management style
      How do you handle conflict   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Quick phone chat, friendly and easy first stage. Just know for interns no housing at all is available, also internships begin at 17.00 . For me I could not make the move for that low of pay. I am glad they asked these questions from the beginning! That way you know before you interview.

Not really sure the next steps, just wanted to share the salary and housing situation before you apply!

Interview Questions

• Can you work during the summer   1 Answer
    • Is 17.00 an hour enough?   1 Answer

Purchasing Manager/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Very basic online application, followed by an HR prescreen (twice). Waited, waited, waited, waited for response. Got one 4 months later. The team there seems very disorganized. They each answered my basic questions about the company differently. They think they know everything in the US.......they don't.

Contracts Administrator Assistant Interview

Interview

Phone interview. They went through all the questions to see if you were logistically capable of taking the position, such as proximity and expected wage. Had all the qualifications for the position, but they said the job pays $40,000 per year. In Arlington? Pay a livable wage.

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lidl (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

This was a two round process with a one on one and then a presentation that involved an additional Lidl employee. The presentation was based on whichever position you were applying for.

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lidl (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Standard initial process - phone screening, skype interview, final in person interview. Phone screening with HR was smooth, basic wok history and experience questions. Based off later interviews, it seems HR and hiring managers had different impressions of what is being looked for - experience wise. HR was looking for purchasing and product handling experience (procurement, product set up, current responsibilities). HR aaid they were hiring both Purchasing Managers and Senior Purchasing Managers and mentioned they thought I was qualified for both.

Skype interview was with hiring managers/direct report managers. They were friendly, and seemed interested to learn more about me. They implied I would only be considered for Purchasing Manager Role, not Senior Role. They addressed sub-par glassdoor reviews - poorly. Blaming turnover for this position on young and green hires - not addressing concerns about transparency or claims of favoritism.

The final interview I asked many questions to get a better picture of the department (my partner works in marketing). Unfortunately, the questions asked did not spur conversation with the purchasing directors. I did not get a great feeling from this interview. They brought up that they were considering a junior buyer role, implying I wasnt ready to walk into the position. I was not insulted that they questioned my skills or ability to do the job, but neither seemed able to focus on the late affernoon interview. Each of the directors was glued to their phone/tablet, checking their watches, and rushing the process along - almost annoyed I had more questions. They didnt take the time to invest in a real conversation with me, and at one point belittled my current role and employer.

Leaving the interview they said they would be in touch with me shortly. 5 weeks later, multiple requests with HR, and I have yet to hear back. I accepted a similar role elswhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a presentation that did not go as planned.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lidl (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

I got an email for an interview asked me to go to a website and book a time for whenever is good for me. The interview was relatively easy and there were 2 managers - the store manager and the area manager- in the beginning, they said they wanted it to be as open as possible and that's what it came to be. A couple jokes were told and it lasted no less than 10 minutes. I received an offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• What is "good" customer service to you?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you were flexible at a job?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you showed great customer service?   Answer Question

Warehouse Lead/Kolder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lidl (High Point, NC (US)).

Interview

I got a call on Saturday of all days. Most companies will call and set up an phone interview during the week. For some reason I agreed to the phone interview on the spot because I do well with interviews but I was totally unprepared for the line of questioning that was coming my way.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you failed as a leader?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.