London Business Conferences Group Interview Questions

Updated 11 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at London Business Conferences Group

London Business Conferences Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at London Business Conferences Group

Interview

poor, unclear communication, was basically offered a job only to be told a few days later that there we other candidates that were more hungry for the role as I replied to an email 2 hours late.

Interview Questions
  • Asked a lot about how I would fit into the company and how combatable I would be working extra hours.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at London Business Conferences Group (London, England, England) in Sep 2016

Interview

The process was an Assessment Center, including a task in which we were given a 50-page pack with several scenarios from employers' calls to gas executives discussing problems in the gas industry, a group discussion and presentation and then, an individual feedback session. People there were not friendly at all.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at London Business Conferences Group (London, England, England) in Jun 2016

Interview

Assessment day - where candidates are tested on their ability to produce an engaging conference. We had to summarise a number of phone transcriptions, then take out any important points, work as a team to single out the topic of the conference, and then present the conference idea to a panel of experienced conference producers. Afterwards, a 1hour 1-to-1 interview.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Why do you want this job?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at London Business Conferences Group (London, England, England) in Feb 2016

Interview

Invited to a group interview at the London office. Involved initial individual tasks of reading articles and taking the key points out that could be used when creating a conference on the subject. This was then turned into a group exercise where ideas were shared and then pitched to the rest of the group.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

London Business Conferences Group

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at London Business Conferences Group

Interview

Essentially a group interview for a telephone sales positions. The classification "manager" is for the benefit of the advert and nothing more. A group interview where you must role play the sales pitch providee

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at London Business Conferences Group (London, England, England) in Oct 2014

Interview

A group interview split into three stages. The first stage is a general introduction of the company and the role, where you are given the opportunity to answer a few questions. The second stage is a 45 minute task creating a conference based on transcribes of phone research. The third stage is reviewing this task in a small group (3-4 members) and pitching your conference idea to the room.

Interview Questions
  • Who would your target delegates be for the conference and what would they gain from it?

Application

Interview

Assessment Day where you use their research to come up with a title, sessions for a conference and pitch it to the senior management in a group setting. Plus interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you have had to face adversity and failed

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at London Business Conferences Group (London, England, England) in Mar 2014

Interview

Initial Interview: Group exercise. Consisted of being given 20 or so transcripts of research phone calls. From there you had to go through the text and find a conference idea. You had to come up with an idea for the conference title, justify why you chose this, say who you would have as your speakers, delegattes and sponsors, brainstorm ten potential talk titles and finally, state the three unique selling points of your conference. This first part was under the time limit of 35 minutes. You did this alone and then split into groups in order to present back to the room as a team. Notes were taken on group discussions.

Interview Questions
  • No questions in the group interview, you are invited back for a 1:1 if you are successful. Very difficult subject matter to get your teeth into if you do not know about oil & gas. Some people were really thrown by this. Important to remember that you only need to get a feel for the challenges and the solutions the transcripts say about the industry. You don't need to know how they work, just know the terms for them!
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at London Business Conferences Group (London, England, England) in Mar 2014

Interview

You apply online with your CV and a cover letter, then you get invited to an assessment center where you will prepare a presentation within a group based on a lot of work that you will later need to do (like putting together topics for a conference based on transcribed calls with industry leaders), then the next step is one or two interviews with managers where they get to know you better. They look for ambitious people not shy to work hard and go get whatever they want. They also need people who are smart and have the intellectual capacities to write an agenda that can sell to experts. You can score if you know how to sell, sell yourself, sell your ideas, sell your whole package. If you're shy and hide behind your group during the assessment center you will not get to the next stage. You also need a very positive, "can do" attitude and be career and money-focused.

Interview Questions
  • What do you consider your strenghts? How have you overcome obstacles in the past? Explain your CV? Where do you want your career to go? What would you find intolerable in a job?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Business Conferences Group (London, England, England) in Oct 2013

Interview

Two stages, group assessment and then face to face interview make a presentation based on lots of oil and gas info. speak about it, next day you have an interview where you describe yourself and a few role plays to sell something

Interview Questions
  • Role play when you you have an oil & gas professional on the phone
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews