Maplin Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Maplin Electronics Interview Questions

Interviews at Maplin Electronics

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics.

Interview

Brief and pretty uneventful as far as interviews go. taken in a cramped and stuffy office which I have found to be rather typical of retail interviews. really not much to say other than I got the job

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics.

Interview

I was initially was called to arrange a time for when I could come to an interview.

Was asked about my particular interests. One of them being technology, so it was easy to talk about what my role was going to be including.

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics.

Interview

Applied online and had a short interview a few days later. Had to wait 15 minutes in shop before being interviewed by store manager for about 30 minutes and being asked questions like ‘what would you do on the shop floor if no one had told you what you should be doing right then?’

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Took four days to get a call for an interview. The interviewer was very approachable and easy to approach. Was ask about 7 to 10 question that is fairly straightforward, but definitely looking for specific answer (She writes it on the paper)

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to use your initiative   1 Answer
    • What does it mean to work on a team   1 Answer
    • If you work on Maplin how will you keep yourself motivate.   1 Answer
    • Did you ever experience working in a bad team, how did it go.   1 Answer
    • Pick a product that's not part of a computer and sell it to me.   1 Answer
    • What makes a good customer service   1 Answer

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Ask me about 7-10 questions, was very straight forward, but definitely looking for specific answers. The interviewer, definitely has good personality and friendly. They do expect you to know a lot of new products such as wireless devices, CCTV and home electronic devices that are now popular such as temperature controls and devices that can connect to your oven and controlled through the phone. Try researching almost all the item they sell. While the questions are straightforward they do look for specific answers.

Retail Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swansea, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Swansea, Wales) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick process with a short 15 minute interview. Interview was informal with basic questions about you as a person just to get a feel of who you are. Interview was 1 on 1 with the manager and he was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy. However it seemed like they needed staff fast, so it didn't feel much like an interview. More like a "get on board with us, we're desperate and want to go home early" meeting.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Preston, North West England, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Arrived at the store and was asked to look around for ten minutes before being invited into a small back room. Asked several standard interview questions lasting approximately twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• If somebody was struggling to understand a product, how would you help them to understand it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Woking, England).

Interview

Asked me to look around the store, then collected me for my interview asking me standard questions (teamwork, customer service​ etc). Then asked what product caught my eye and how I'd sell it - remember products in their store!

Interview Questions

• Q: when did you deliver excellent customer service and how would you describe excellent customer service?
      Q: what product caught your eye in our store, and how would you sell it?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Sheffield, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Handed in a CV and was asked to come in for an interview the following day. Took me into the basement building, looked like some sort of movie interrogation scene but was alright. Interview was basic, asked questions from a sheet of paper and wrote down everything I said.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our store? What they sell etc..   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.