Maplin Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Maplin Electronics

2.3

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Bristol, England) in November 2013.

Interview

Received a call in response to my online application, approximately 3 months after applying. This is relatively normal, as although positions need to be approved by the regional manager before they are advertised, they are often advertised because the manager feels they need additional employees or to fill a space, but depending on figures between the position going live and the interviews starting, the regional may decide to close the position.

I was asked to come in the next day, Saturday.

I arrived and spoke to a member of the team, who promptly sought out the manager and I was taken through to the office, through the warehouse.

It was a fairly informal interview, though obvious technical questions were asked, the main priority was to see if I would fit in with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Maplin?   1 Answer
    • I feel that given your experience, you'll get bored very quickly here and move on. What do you think?   1 Answer
    • Can you explain the difference between Arduino and Raspberry PI?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position. They emailed me inviting me for an interview on a certain date. As I was still working for another company, I called them to arrange another day and they rescheduled me.
    Face to face interview, informal, fairly easy process.
    After a couple of days, they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a spreadsheet with some parts that were deleted with a marker and asked me to tell what was the meaning of the different data.   Answer Question
    • How to manage a poor performer. Motivational skills.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Durham, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Turned up 5 mins early but was then told to wait in the Store for 10-15mins. If i can be bothered to turn up on time then they should be bothered to receive me. Manager said he would contact me within a fortnight to let me know, but never did. Found the experience rude and unprofessional. When your unemployed and with limited funds and taking the time and effort to get to an interview its very rude not to get back to someone.

Interview Questions

• What department would i be comfortable working in.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Leicester, England) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied via website and they got back to me within a week. I arrived in a smart causal attire and the manager met me within 10mins of arrival. The interview was casual with the questions being the usual ones (past roles, what is customer service etc). I think a key factor was showing confidence. While it seemed relaxed, the manager seemed to be very observant. Of attire, body language, my answers etc. The interview lasted around 20-25mins. And they got back to me within two weeks informing me that I received the job. I'm starting next week!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Ask me about 7-10 questions, was very straight forward, but definitely looking for specific answers. The interviewer, definitely has good personality and friendly. They do expect you to know a lot of new products such as wireless devices, CCTV and home electronic devices that are now popular such as temperature controls and devices that can connect to your oven and controlled through the phone. Try researching almost all the item they sell. While the questions are straightforward they do look for specific answers.

Sales Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics in June 2008.

Interview

Relaxed informal chat format, smart casual dress is advised.

Interview can be misleading, it was claimed that I would receive full and structured training but to date I have received none, nor have any of my colleagues.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to maplin?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a moment in retail when you were proud of your achievement?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, minimum wage or nothing.

If you need just any job, it should be easy enough to get one here, however Maplin have a lot of students working for them which guarantees they can keep the pay low. Don't bother trying to negotiate, they're not interested.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (London, England).

Interview

As long as you show you know something about the company and about something in which they sale you should get the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing shocking. What do you know about the company and why do you want this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no choice of an offer, lots more donkeys to hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huddersfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Huddersfield, England) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online via their website. I was then emailed with an invitation to a competency based interview (Huddersfield store). I was given a variety of questions, I was asked about my knowledge of the company and how much I knew about the products, I was also asked what my favorite product is.
    The manager also asked me about previous experiences with customers and working within a team. The interview process took around 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in wanting a printer, what questions do you ask to specify what sort of printer they want?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics in November 2012.

Interview

Brief and in line with job expectations and experience. Applied online. Next phase was a telephone interview invitation. Once attending the interview phase, a final decision was made and an offer was received via telephone and contract via email. It was a one stage interview process.

Interview Questions

• Appropriate to role and level
      Sales related
      Experience related   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Helens, West Midlands, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maplin Electronics (Saint Helens, West Midlands, England) in November 2012.

Interview

An online application followed by two face to face interviews, i dont believe this was standard. The first interview was done by the assisstant manager and team leader, and then the second by the manager. Knowing him he probably wanted to make his own mind up.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.