Marie Curie Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marie Curie Interview Questions

Interviews at Marie Curie

2.4

Project Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marie Curie.

Interview

The second the virtual interview started I already knew I didn’t get the job. The first thing they did was take a photo of me with hardly an explanation behind it, I thought this was very bizarre and I felt immediately awkward. Neither interviewer displayed any particular interest in getting to know me during the 20 mins interview (far too short a time if you ask me), the questions were very basic but they didn’t even ask me for my notice period or salary expectations to align me properly to the job. A big clue they weren’t interested. For a 20 minute interview I feel I should have been telephone screened prior to the first stage interview so they at least had my basic info. I was barely given an opportunity to ask questions - it seemed that both interviewers were keen to leave and/or forgot to let me ask questions. I just about squeezed one in at the end, and due to the answer given to me I already knew I wasn’t successful during the interview. The interviewer answered my question in a way that implied I will not get to work with Marie Curie first hand. After chasing up on the outcome (I already knew I didn’t get it - but it’s the principal), my feedback was a pretty cold, standardised email with no personal touch “we have decided to progress with other candidates with skills that better align with the role”... in which case I don’t understand why I was shortlisted if it’s a case of skill set which my CV outlines. I would have preferred honest, in depth feedback given the time I put in to researching and preparing for an interview. I didn’t have a good experience as a candidate which is a shame as I admire this charity. I’m really put off applying for future roles here.

Senior Healthcare Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marie Curie (Dumfries, Scotland).

Interview

It was a mixture of questions about personal experiences, what palliative care means to you and simulation scenarios. There was a SIM man where there was questions about how to provide clinically appropriate care.

Interview Questions

• What does palliative care mean to you?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Had two interviewers interested in knowing more about me, basically wanted me to talk through my CV without saying so. Afterwards a technical test was given to ascertain the level of my technical skills.

Interview Questions

Interview

They literally met me, had a chat, got to know what my experience was but they wanted to know more about who I am and my personality, which took a lot of pressure off the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have?
      What do you know about Marie Curie and what we do here?   Answer Question

Fundraising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marie Curie (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Lovely interviewers who tried their best to make the process as friendly and laid back as possible. Lots of questions asked about previous experience and general competencies. Questions were fairly straightforward. They gave me a deadline for when they would contact me which was met. Feedback was included in the rejection email which was helpful for future interviews. Overall, although I was not offered the position, I was extremely happy with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• General competency questions. Wanted lots of examples from previous employment.   Answer Question

Street Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marie Curie (London, England) in September 2019.

Interview

Very fun and informal. Allowed to wear your own clothes. We played games to show how confident and charismatic we were and see if we could think on the spot. Very fast hiring process and friendly managers.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing to manage about you?   1 Answer

Relationship Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marie Curie (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

Upon arriving at reception I met a manager and team leader who took me into an interview room. First part of the process was 15 generic questions and second part was a telephone role play. The interviewers did not seem interested in the process and it seemed to me that they already had the candidates selected for the role. The disappointing part for me was that during that interview I was told they would be in contact with the result within two days and I could have detailed feedback from the interview. I did not hear back from the interview for nine days and had to contact the recruitment team myself to find the result. I was also not given any feedback and sent the result from an email stating to not reply back. The whole experience was very disappointing and unprofessional. If I was offered the role I would have turned it down because of the unfair treatment.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marie Curie (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied for a temporary administrator to work at the head office in London in November 2018. I submitted my CV via a recruitment agency and got an interview. The process took 5 days.

I arrived on time for the interview, the receptionist contacted the interviewers but they arrived over 20 minutes later. I attended an interview - which was about 20 minutes. Was interviewed by two coordinators.
    I walked through the head office floor to a room. One thing that was striking was how not diverse the London Head office is - very white dominated.

The interview was very informal, but I could tell the interviewers was very ill-prepared. The interviewers really struggled to ask relevant questions for the job. One of the interviewers kept trying to work out what to ask me. "Erm, what should I ask you next erm" So to avoid the sheer awkwardness of being interviewed by people that did not know what to ask, I asked a few questions about the job.

I was not offered the job which did not surprise me.

Fundraising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marie Curie (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview experience was fairly relaxed, I felt really comfortable. First off I had to complete a short 15 min writing test. It was to answer questions about dealing with customers and then to proofread a letter to a supporter. Then my two interviewers asked simple questions about my interest and suitability for the role, experience and knowledge of Marie Curie

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an office process which improved efficiency in a former role?   Answer Question

Interview

The first round was a competency and technical interview with the normal expected questions. There was a second interview which was less formal. The interviewees were friendly and approachable, putting me at ease.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.