Marie Curie Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marie Curie Interview Questions

Updated 19 Dec 2018

2.4

Sort:

Interview

The first round was a competency and technical interview with the normal expected questions. There was a second interview which was less formal. The interviewees were friendly and approachable, putting me at ease.

Fundraising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marie Curie (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview experience was fairly relaxed, I felt really comfortable. First off I had to complete a short 15 min writing test. It was to answer questions about dealing with customers and then to proofread a letter to a supporter. Then my two interviewers asked simple questions about my interest and suitability for the role, experience and knowledge of Marie Curie

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an office process which improved efficiency in a former role?   Answer Question

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marie Curie (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online via official website
    received email for 1st interview
    questions about CV
    Tour of offices and also departmental office
    Very good environment with helpful staff and central location
    Also really enjoyed the interview as they put me at ease

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stourbridge, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marie Curie (Stourbridge, England) in April 2014.

Interview

Very casual. Just ask you why you want to volunteer and what you think you will get out of it. The setting wasn't very formal, the interview was held in the back of the shop where all the stock is held.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to volunteer here?   1 Answer

Door to Door Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marie Curie (Sunderland, North East England, England) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview so you get plenty of time to think, but this also means you need to stand out more. It was explained that you would start training immediately, the working hours and salary were also explained. In a group of four it took 30 - 35 minutes and they got back to me within three days.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about and why should I be passionate about it too?   Answer Question

Door to Door Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marie Curie (Sunderland, North East England, England) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly quick because I was the only one who showed up. The manager was friendly and communicative, took time to explain the job and your responsibilities in detail. He asked some basic questions like how much do you know about the charity, but the e-mail you receive from the agency tells you everything you need to prepare for it. All in all it was very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about Marie Curie?   1 Answer

Street Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marie Curie (London, England).

Interview

Very strict and very crowed. The interviewer was a bit intimidating, but not aggresive. He made sure to explain us the difficulties of the job, and every detail of how we (in case they acepted us) were going to be paid.

Interview Questions

• To talk with a partner about their favourite movie/book and then describe it.   Answer Question
    • To give a convincing speech for the charity and to answer typical objections.   Answer Question
    • To describe the colour orange as if we were speaking to a colourblind person.   Answer Question
    • To describe a perfect target donor.   Answer Question

Junior Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marie Curie (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a group of people, was asked several questions and put into different scenarios to see how we would react. It was very high pressure because you had to think on the spot and find an answer to a question you weren't necessarily expecting. Some of the questions were very abstract and had to be thought about properly in the allotted time given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation phase.

Marie Curie Fundraising Promoter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marie Curie (Solihull, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Went through Reed.co.uk and applied for the post advertised on there. The recruitment agency got me into contact with Marie Curie shortly afterwards and then I had a telephone conversation followed by an invitation to interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone approached you and said that Marie-Curie did nothing for their terminally ill family who passed away?   Answer Question
    • Why sign people onto Direct debits rather than having fundraising events?   Answer Question
    • What do you, specifically, bring to the role which makes you suitable?   Answer Question
    • Describe something that you are passionate about. This could be a book, film, music e.t.c. and we will try to describe it back to you.   Answer Question

Relationship Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marie Curie (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

Upon arriving at reception I met a manager and team leader who took me into an interview room. First part of the process was 15 generic questions and second part was a telephone role play. The interviewers did not seem interested in the process and it seemed to me that they already had the candidates selected for the role. The disappointing part for me was that during that interview I was told they would be in contact with the result within two days and I could have detailed feedback from the interview. I did not hear back from the interview for nine days and had to contact the recruitment team myself to find the result. I was also not given any feedback and sent the result from an email stating to not reply back. The whole experience was very disappointing and unprofessional. If I was offered the role I would have turned it down because of the unfair treatment.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.