MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated 19 May 2017

2.5

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I had a phone screening followed by two "task based interviews". The first was a personality test and the second was compiling a list of 200 names to build your network. They are very willing to hire anyone willing to do this tough work

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give someone negative feedback   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time things didn't go according to plan   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Enfield, CT (US)).

Interview

3 rounds of interview. first was telephonic with recruiter, went over basic questions : skills compensation & past achievements and other two were personal - meeting with team and senior management. Average difficulty; state your achievements, projects you've worked on, situation where you resolved conflict.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phila, PA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very welcoming and informational. I first had an over the phone interview. I had to be very persistent to keep getting the next interview process. Make sure it is what you want to do!

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Hartford, CT (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire process from Application to off took about a month. There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter, then an interview with two managers who were friendly. I received an offer less than a week later contingent on passing a background check.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service call center questions. Know the product.   Answer Question

Operations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The one interview that mattered was with the Director. Right off the bat she was inappropriately dressed. Also, I was never really asked any intelligent questions. I don't know how she is director.

Interview Questions

• Do you know so and so? Do you know this other person?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here? Twice asked   1 Answer
    • Do you know the person who was in this role before? He worked at your company.   1 Answer
    • I will have some pricing positions available soon because some other people are leaving. Would this interest you if this current position doesn't work out?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Rochester, NY (US)).

Interview

You complete a Hogan personality profile, if you fail, you are basically out. There is a structured interview where they score your answers and the manager will work fuzzy math to make sure you pass. It's a step above giving you a mirror to fog with your breath proving you have a pulse. Expect three interviews and a job offer if you just show up. It's all commission so why not hire you?

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Applied through website and received phone interview about possible opening in D.C. location. Interview went well and was invited to the office to meet the company but declined the offer in order to work elsewhere. Seemed like a good company culture from the brief phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why MassMutual? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Newark, NJ (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called to set up a interview couple of days after submitting online application. First interview, met with two VPs. Very informative first interview, where they informed you of what the company is about and what kind of person they're looking for etc. Second interview was more in-depth of your background/experience and if you're a people person (basically you'll be answering 8-10 detailed questions asked by interviewer) and they will conduct background check, and send assessments prior to second interview. Third interview very brief, they assign homework for you to seek roughly 200 people you know to build your network of clients and ten short surveys. Once completing these tasks, you'll be determined if you're a right candidate for this position; if so, training and licensing will begin shortly. Please keep in mind, this is a 100% pure commission position (+bonus from company, down the road) and you will need to find your own network of people to sell insurance to (lots of calls, seeking people on the field, etc). If you're not able to speak in front of people or not able to easily communicate with random strangers and getting rejected numerous times, this position would not be for you. However, if you are, the earning potential is there through lots of hard work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what interested you about MassMutual?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant But the General Agent was a bit aggressive on asking questions, I did not want to answer. He also seemed to convince why the job would suit me.

Interview Questions

• how I view the insurance industry, and how it stacks up against the advisory bussines, and if i would be willing to do both.   Answer Question

Operations Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a few days later got emailed for a phone screening. The recruiter was almost an hour late for the phone screening. I then had an in person interview with the hiring manager. It lasted almost an hour, and then the manager had two staff members from the department come down which lasted another hour. The overall feeling was very stiff and unorganized. It was mostly the manager bragging about how great the team is. It seemed like the manager was attempting to intimidate me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to leave emotions at home? This is an emotionless position.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.