Mccurrach Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mccurrach Interview Questions

Interviews at Mccurrach

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mccurrach (London, England).

Interview

Competency based question is a hotel. Met with regional manager after being contacted by the recruitment team in Scotland. They took so long to get back to me, they kept saying that the manager is still busy and hasn’t given any offers yet. 1 month passed and i got a email saying i never got it. Really poor recruitment.

Account Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mccurrach (Glasgow, Scotland) in May 2019.

Interview

Member of the accounts team, the interview itself was very easy, nothing testing asked.

Everything was tackled calmly and professionally, lovely professional people interviewing, they could answer without hesitation my questions.

There was nothing at any stage of the interview I felt I could not cope with or did not understand, the interview went well.

I was shocked to see I had not made it through to the second stage of the interview process, given my proven experience and qualifications there would of been no reason for this to happen.

I recieved the generic email saying I had not been successful and they could not give feedback, I requested feedback anyway and recieved another standard reply. How are you supposed to learn from interviews if there is no feedback.

I had read the comments on Glassdoor prior to the interview and it is still playing on my mind that maybe ageism is at play. It would be interesting to see how many vacancies are filled and by what age group.

The lady in reception is an absolute asset to the company, she is wonderful, such a positive happy vibriant person. The two people doing the interview were professional and friendly I have no idea what went wrong, this is by no means a moan about their techniques or practices rather than the companies questionable motives.

I did push for the higher salary given my experience and knowledge maybe this did not help, but I believe i'm worth it.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions as such   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mccurrach (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2018.

Interview

Was invited along for an interview where a manager and someone from the analyst team interviewed me. Interview seemed to go very well and smooth, I answered all questions asked, even tricky questions and through my education and studying in my own time I would guess I might have known more than the people interviewing me. Was told interviews were being held every day next week and decision would be made at the end of the following week. I sent a thank-you e-mail, it the courteous thing to do.

Heard nothing back after 2 weeks so I sent an e-mail and got no reply, sent another 1 a few days later and got told I was unsuccessful which was a knock but it happens, need to move on. E-mail said they had a portal (which I forgot about) about jobs etc, I checked the portal and looking back they had refused me on the day of the interview or the next day. Was highly disappointed that I got refused so quickly as the interview had went so good and add to that I have an MSc degree which is based purely on data, I don't expect people to just give me a job but based on the interview and my degrees I would have expected myself to at least be in the mix till the end and not put in the bin within hours if that of leaving the interview.

Does look like a nice place to work and the woman on reception said it was a lovely place and she is very nice. I think they are looking for graduates who are young as opposed to myself who did a career change later on in life, if you were at college/Uni as a mature student this might not be the place for you.

Interview Questions

Mccurrach Response

30 Oct 2018 – Head of HR

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - it is always useful to know how we are doing with our recruitment processes. As your case is very individualised, we'd rather pick up with you personally rather than posting a response here. If you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to contact our recruitment manager, Laura Farrell at l.farrell@mccurrach.co.uk. And we will certainly pass on your feedback to our receptionist.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mccurrach (London, England) in August 2018.

Interview

After submitting application online, I was contacted by recruitment few days later and had a quick c.v run down by recruitment and a telephone assesment to ensure suitability for the role, nothing out of the ordinary a quick Google search will let you know what a typical telephone assessment includes...

If found suitable for the role you will be invited to attend a face to face interview which will be help by the regional or divisional manager

After completion of interview you will be emailed with the result of the interview with one of three outcomes

1. You have been successful

2. You have been unsuccessful

3. You will be given a letter on intent (which is, you were a very suitable candidate for the role however there was somebody who on the day was slightly better than you. They will keep your details and contact you if there are any similar openings in your area)

Food Service Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mccurrach (Newcastle, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Filled an online application in then received a call offering an interview. From the call to the end of the interview, everyone i spoje to were professional, helpful and friendly making the whole process a more relaxed experience than I was expecting.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly based around my previous work experience but poi Ted out that field experience wasn't essential as training would be given.   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mccurrach (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was a clown just talk about data cleansing they love that word, it was more about how great and easy the job is and re reminding you about the 0 bonus and high expectations

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mccurrach (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online via indeed. After a few weeks the recruitment team did an initial assessment. Then said i had an interview with the regional manager. This was a Skype interview whigh was a bit awkward but I just went with it. I was told I would hear by the end of the week if I was successful.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mccurrach (Edinburgh, Scotland) in March 2017.

Interview

Been up a couple of times for interviews and never really clearly explained process involved, ie there are 2 stages
    Couldnt believe that the interviewer wouldnt actually tell me much about the campaign, it was in Financial services but she was keeping shtumm
    Also 2nd time interviewers seemed to find faults with my CV, as part of the process-
    Why not check it beforehand and not interview me- DUMMIES!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work there?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darlington, North East England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mccurrach (Darlington, North East England, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Regional Sales Manager.Skype interview(Telephone interview),lasted about hour.Very informal and relaxed.Went through CV from start to present.Asked a few questions about personal life and how much salary I expected.Give me positive feed back after interview.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about Walkers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mccurrach (Glasgow, Scotland) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied via website. Telephone call from recruitment team explains more about the job and to offer an interview. Interviewed on Skype for approx 30 mins, bussiness dress had to be worn, fast paced interview with constant questions with follow up questions being asked about my answers. Interviewer was good and made the whole interview relaxed, fast paced but relaxed at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Asked a pro and con of my current job   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.