Mencap Interview Questions

Updated 9 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 34 of over 34 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mencap

Mencap

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mencap

Interview

I have applied this role online and received an interview call from HR. There was just one round of interview for almost an hour. It all went well and received a call same day with the positive feedback and got an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the recent experience around Data Operations?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mencap (London, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

Applied online, was called the day after to offer me an interview for the following week. I interviewed and received a job offer 30 minutes after. Quite a long interview but interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grimsby, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mencap (Grimsby, England, England) in Aug 2020

Interview

Contained of two people doing interview. Very friendly and made to feel comfortable although I was so nervous I think I let myself down. I am yet to hear something so still waiting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mencap

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mencap in Jul 2020

Interview

Submitted my cv through the online portal. Received a call from recruitment about my application a couple of days after submitting. 2 weeks later I got an email asking me to book my interview for the next week. Received a job offer the day after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What are my best qualities and how would they be beneficial in the role?
  • Explain a time I dealt with difficult behaviour, more specifically regarding rent.
  • What have I achieved that I can bring to the role?
  • What housing associations do Golden Lane Housing work with and how do they work with them?

Mencap

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mencap

Interview

Friendly, professional staff. Really took time to discuss the role with me. Had a sercice user interview me as well, which waw nice. I could not accept position due to distance, but seemed a great place to work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Derry, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mencap (Derry, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Sep 2019

Interview

Applied online. Was offered interview within 1 week. Interviewed with panel of 2 people and then was invited back a few days later for an interview with a service user.

Interview Questions
  • If you were working in an environment where one individual required a lot of attention and was very lively and loud, and the other person was sensitive to noise and enjoyed spending time alone. How would you support both individuals?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mencap (London, England, England) in Nov 2018

Interview

First interview was conducted via phone with HR. Second interview was a face to face one, with two panels - one panel was formed of people with learning disabilities, and the other was of the hiring manager and other staff. I find the panels very well prepared and asked me appropriate questions. The entire process was pleasant. However, there was no further contact after the second interview, which was off-putting. At least have the professional courtesy to say thanks but no thanks!

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about designing the survey? What could be the challenges of this research project? Tell me about a time when you are trusted and relied on by your colleagues.

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mencap (London, England, England) in Oct 2018

Interview

I had a positive experience, they allowed me to take my time, I did not feel rushed at all. The team also helped me by asking different quetsions in order for em to give the answers they were looking for.

Interview Questions
  • To give an example of a situation when I had to take decisions by myself.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mencap (Peterborough, England, England) in Aug 2018

Interview

A phone call with the [in-house] recruiter that lasted around 30 minutes, followed by a Skype video call with the hiring manager, followed by a face-to-face interview at the Peterborough office. Excellent contact throughout. The face to face interview consisted of a role-play presentation followed by competency based questions.

Interview Questions
  • There were questions around managing change from a cultural perspective.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mencap (London, England, England) in Jun 2018

Interview

The online application (cv and cover letter) fairly standard. There was meant to be a task given to me to prepare, but no one told me about it and when I showed up on the day of the panel interview, they were surprised no one had mentioned anything. The panel interview was a mix of staff and ex-service users. When I wasn´t offered the job, I was provided with zero feedback after having asked several times

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Interviews