Merlin Entertainments Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Merlin Entertainments

2.5

Hub Director Human Resources Shared Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Orlando, FL (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Process was extensive, but communication was maintained throughout and it was a very professional and positive experience. Various levels of HR and hiring managers involved, and each step clearly communicated and advised beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience running a shared services operations   Answer Question
    • How have you influenced stakeholders in the past?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview with a recruiter. You follow up with an onsite or Skype interview with the site GM. The final stage is to create and give a presentation on a specific aspect of the business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you anticipated a problem. What did you do to avoid it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments.

Interview

You begin with an individual interview then take you to do some group activities, whole process was pretty easy, common questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses and why do you want to work for the company.

Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments in May 2017.

Interview

Application online through school > online tests > assessment centre including final interview. It was definitely an exhausting process as it took over 5 months to hear back the final result. The people I met at the assessment centre, including the HR, were very sweet and helpful, and they tried to make it as informative as possible.

Hospitality Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Orlando, FL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out for a screening. It was difficult to work with the recruiter - he wouldn't schedule a time even though I asked multiple times. He seemed to expect me to be available whenever he called and he was never able to answer when I reached out to him. It would have been more efficient to schedule a time. Met with hiring manager a few months later for an in person interview. Very nice guy but did not ask me many questions and mostly talked about the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Guest Experience Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Grapevine, TX (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

The did a group interview. Only 2 of us showed up they gave us a tour of the place and made us build our favorite animal out of legos. They asked us basic question such as " why do you want to work here? tell me about your previous jobs". they also start at $8.5 no matter what.

Interview Questions

• If u had an unlimited budget what would u add to lego land   1 Answer

Guest Experience Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Tempe, AZ (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Very quick, 10 mins max. Only asked about 5 questions, all basic..why do you want to work here, what do you know about our company, why should we hire you. They asked about my availability and if I had any experience working with kids.

Guest Experience Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Concord, NC (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Group interview which basically tested how well you play with others and makes sure you’re not a pedophile or weird person. As long as you’re not insufferable it’s a very easy interview.

Aquarist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Grapevine, TX (US)).

Interview

Other than your typical questions about former jobs and such, they tend to ask situational questions. They'll ask about how your former experience helps prepare you for this role. They'll ask you to describe what you would do in "worst case scenario" aquarium goes down situations. They may ask about your feelings on euthanasia because this is a good question to "feel out" a candidate. Here's a hint: there are times when it's necessary. You'll also get daily husbandry questions regarding the care of animals. You typically first get a phone interview, then if you make it to the next round, you'll get a Skype interview so they can see what you look like and see how you respond to questions via your body language. The questions here can either become more detailed regarding husbandry, or if they were detailed in the first interview, they could be more questions to get to know you. They are typically pretty good about letting you know either way about the position so you don't have to wonder.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about euthanasia?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you came in and a tank was cloudy?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Orlando, FL (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Part of a job fair. Long wait with too few interviewers. Informational video was repetitive and more irritating that helpful. Interviewers were personable. Not as well organized as would have liked.

Interview Questions

• Offered follow-up comments after interviewing other candidates.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.