Merlin Entertainments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 123 of over 123 interviews

Recruitment Agency5%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Merlin Entertainments

Application

I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments

Interview

Two rounds, first round group exercises including coming up with a marketing plan and then a writing exercise. 2nd round formal interview with two staff members, who were very nice and made me feel welcome. Had a good time throughout process - would recommend.

Interview Questions
  • Asked classic situational questions, asked to talk through CV and what creative experience I had.
    Answer Question

Merlin Entertainments

Application

I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments

Interview

Good interview questions which take into account both health ans safety for visitors but also asks how you would act in certain situtations with visitors or other stakeholders in the company

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Merlin Entertainments

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments

Interview

Interviewer emails you to say that you are shortlisted and asks for your availabilities to set the interview date to suit you. Sent a link to an MS Teams video call. Unfortunately, the interviewer experienced technical issues on the initial interview date and on the day, so it caused some inconvenience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Blackpool, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Blackpool, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

It was very nice and comfortable, the interviewer was very kind. No extremely hard questions were asked and there was no pressure. They asked around 7 questions from a sheet.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you have felt under a lot of pressure

Anonymous Employee in Blackpool, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Blackpool, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

Phone interview due to Covid restrictions: Asked similar questions to the initial application and also proceeded to ask about how to deal with scenarios among the cast. Conversation was very casual and relaxing to ensure that the process was as easy as possible. Offered a position upon finishing the phone interview.

Interview Questions
  • If there is drama among you and another member of the cast, what would you do?

Merlin Entertainments

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments in May 2021

Interview

It was a simple process. Spoke to HR during a phone screen then had a phone interview with a hiring manager where I disclosed I was pregnant. (Trying to be transparent and honest.) Even though the conversation went well, the next day I was declined from both jobs I had applied to within a few hours of each other leaving me to feel like they didn’t want to even give a pregnant woman a chance. After a couple of months since the interview, I found the person they hired on LinkedIn who had much less experience than I offered and it felt like a slap in the face. It did not seem like a fair process and I felt discriminated against for being an expectant mother.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Merlin? If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be?

Merlin Entertainments

Application

I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments

Interview

They call me first, and then I had a second interview in person. But the salary was low. Not really understand the marketing manager still want to make an interview even they know my salary expectation is higher than what they can offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Merlin Entertainments

Application

I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments

Interview

The interview is pretty basic in that they observe your confidence and communication skills as well as how you operate within a team. Tasks include building part of a lego structure.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a child was lost and asked for your help.

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, South East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Windsor, South East England, England, England)

Interview

The application process was straight-forward and the email communication was good. An interview was confirmed via email. It was a group interview, set-out as an assessment centre in which teamwork, communication and creative skills were observed. This was followed by a one-to-one interview with a member of the Models team, during which I showed my portfolio and gave a brief overview of projects I'd worked on previously. The staff were very welcoming and encouraging.

Interview Questions
  • There were model-making tasks with supplied LEGO bricks and parts. There were also questions about how you work as part of a team and your hands-on creative skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Orlando, FL) in Sep 2020

Interview

Telephone call with the recruiting and hiring managers (both brand new to the company). I was told the new org group and HR & payroll data system was Workday (cloud-based) and the data had not been up to par since the Oct 2019 implementation. I understood they needed an experienced HRIS pro knowledgeable in numerous HR functions to assist the internal client. A couple of days later I received a call (very appreciated btw) informing me they promoted an internal employee. So, I took it as my interview was a formality for compliance and data integrity is not so much the priority.

Interview Questions
  • "We have a few minutes let so I'll ask a few personal questions. Can you code?"
  • Do you think you're overqualified?
1 person found this interview helpful