Metro Bank (US) Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 28 interviews

Interviews at Metro Bank (US)

Positive69%
Negative8%
Neutral23%
Applied online85%
In Person7%
Employee Referral4%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metro Bank (US)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) (Telephone, TX) in Aug 2017

Interview

I applied online, then a few days later I received an email saying I had passed the initial screening process. I was then asked to do a GIA test online which was fairly easy, it had 5 sections measuring speed and accuracy. I then received an email a few days later asking me to book a telephone interview, the interview went well, and I was then asked to attend a 'M-factor audition' which is an assessment day with the other candidates. I am yet to do this on the 19th September 2017 so any tips would be welcome! I have been told there will be role play exercises, a written exercise and a 1-1 interview.

Interview Questions
  • Take me through your CV, what was your favourite and least favourite job and why?
    1 Answer
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Metro Bank (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) in May 2016

Interview

I applied online and after two weeks i got an email inviting for a telephone interview which lasted for about 20 mins, and general competency and numerical question. i was told to complete GIA Test. I felt GIA test was a way to degrade people especially disable candidate whose response time may not be quick or those ageing people. i completed GIA test and after 3 weeks they told me that my score were not good. I have worked for customer facing role for 9+ Years including brand such as Apple and Samsung. I felt disguised by this bank, it may care customer but i doubt very much if the same can be said about employees. BEWARE their employees review are not good either. i personally would not recommend Metro Bank as a employer

Interview Questions
  • why Metro Bank Give me example of challenging situation and how you overcome that Give me example of great customer service
8 people found this interview helpful

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Metro Bank (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US)

Interview

Applied online , followed by telephone interview then online test and then auditions (haven't attended them yet) any one know what kind of questions they ask in auditions and the whole process do let me know

Interview Questions
  • Proudest achievement, positive and negative customer service experience, why metro , basic maths questions
25 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Holburn, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) (Holburn, England) in Jan 2016

Interview

Application questions online (easy) only had around three questions to respond to, phone interview (easy) just wanted you to go through cv with 5 maths questions, another phone interview based on scenarios (quite hard) never worked in a bank before so quite hard, 1-1 interview lasts less than an hour but the day lasts a couple hours.

Interview Questions
  • Phone interview – Talk about your cv/ previous experiences Talk a about a time you exceeded customer expectations A time you received a complaint and dealt with 5 maths questions – mainly percentages (40% of 250) and 23x24 etc 5 online tests – Easy read pdf 2nd Phone interview – scenario based Someone’s abroad and their bank card isn’t working. What do you do? Elderly person doesn’t know how to access their account online? Where would you refer them to. Someone complained about an agent giving bad customer service and was held on the phone for 30mins. Business person paid their manufacturer who refused to give products as they have not received payment yet. Auditions – 3 hour Interview Started off with a tour of the store. Had a presentation about the store. 1-1 interview questions: Why metro bank? Talk about your CV and your previous experiences? A time where you have exceeded customer expectations? Achievement to date? When have you had to multitask and needed help or support? A time where you have shown good Teamwork skills? A time where you have had commitment for a while and had to leave (something like that)?
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) (London, England) in Jan 2016

Interview

Online application, followed by telephone interview , GIA tests, face to face interview. Application process was was, telephone interview average, the 5 GIA tests wasn't difficult as I received a pdf document with all the instructions. Then auditions; these are in a group, can be intimidating but not that difficult. Auditions are split into 4 parts, small paper based test, group presentation, one to one interview and then scenario questions. Overall the whole process took just over 2 hours.

Interview Questions
  • Run me through your CV? Why do you want to join Metro Bank? Tell me what you know about Metro Bank What makes Metro Bank different from others? Competency based Questions: Give me an example of a time you exceeded a customers expectations. Give me an example of a situation you have been in where you have received a complaint. For the scenario questions it's just what would you do in X situation, if you were employed by Metrobank....
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) (London, England) in Nov 2015

Interview

Online application, followed by telephone interview , GIA tests, face to face interview. Application process was was, telephone interview average, the 5 GIA tests wasn't difficult as I received a pdf document with all the instructions. I still have the last stage ,anyone have any informations? .

Interview Questions
  • Take me through your CV, What you know about Metro Bank, When you gave and received a good customer service,maths questions without calculator eg.5%of 400, 80% of 500, 40-88.
11 people found this interview helpful

Metro Bank (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US)

Interview

Application form, telephonic interview, online assessment, scenario telephonic interview and then face to face interview. The process takes weeks to finish. I still have to do telephonic interview and face to face interview.

Interview Questions
  • Percentage questions, scenario questions like when u gave and received best customer care service.
2 people found this interview helpful

Metro Bank (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) in Jul 2015

Interview

I firstly applied online and then received an interview inviting me for a telephone interview. The telephone interview was easy. The interviewer asked basic questions, which were very easy to answer and he was very warm. No maths questions were asked like others

Interview Questions
  • Talk me through your CV, what makes metro bank unique, why you applied for the company?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US) (London, England)

Interview

The first step is an online application which is very simple to complete The Second is a telephone interview - which is average Then online assessment- please do prep for this as it is difficult

Interview Questions
  • Run me through your CV? Why do you want to join Metro Bank? Tell me what you know about Metro Bank What makes Metro Bank different from others? Competency based Questions: Give me an example of a time you exceeded a customers expectations. Give me an example of a situation you have been in where you have received a complaint. And then finally... Maths questions: Mostly simple questions such as %, X and -calculations. So.... 2% of 150, 5% of 200, 6X7 and 110-11
10 people found this interview helpful

Metro Bank (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metro Bank (US)

Interview

Applied Online for the job of cashier and I received email about three days later to do telephone interview. The telephone interview slot which I booked was a week ahead which I got. Passed telephone interview which was basically about competency based question and also basic numerical questions, then she told me to do online aptitude test which I did today and now waiting for the feedback. In the telephone interview make sure you have got examples from your previous work experience or job to relate and also for maths questions make sure you do well with percentages. Online aptitude test was also easy as they give enough examples to practice along with pdf document to read through.

Interview Questions
  • Why Metro? Time when you gave and received good customer service!
6 people found this interview helpful