Monese Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Monese

Monese

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monese

Interview

I applied online and after about a month I was invited for the screening call. Even though the call went very well, they never proceeded with the 1st interview. In addition to this I have not received any feedback after the screening call. Later on, they said that they put the role on hold and asked if I was still interested. I replied that I was however, there has been no follow up since then. I do understand that a role may be on pause, however, I think that not updating a candidate and radio silence does not create a positive experience and a good picture of the company itself. I wish the company the best and so I hope this feedback will be used to improve the recruitment process.

Interview Questions
  • Questions around previous experience and career goals
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallinn

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monese (Tallinn) in Jan 2021

Interview

I'm very disappointed with the interview process as they were unresponsive. 1. screening interview with HR 2. interview with Product manager 3. home assignment usually it took 2 days for them to answer an email, but in the end they haven't provided any feedback on the home assignment. They told I should send back the task ASAP, but they didn't say a word after I sent it. Looks like the process is not well organized.

Interview Questions
  • Q1: Why would you like to work at Monese? Q2: What are your past experiences?

Monese

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monese in Sep 2020

Interview

Four steps in total 1. Zoom video call with HR 2. Assignment 3. Zoom video call with 2 heads of departments 4. Phone call from HR All steps were very easy going, HR recruiter kept in contact the whole way through which was nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Monese

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monese in Sep 2020

Interview

Very effective and all done in two weeks including meeting CEO end COO. Great experience and it ended up in a job offer. The interview process was targeted to my experience and fit for the organisation.

Interview Questions
  • How have you a managed multiple stakeholder requirements in order to achieve a specific goal or outcome?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallinn

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Monese (Tallinn) in Dec 2019

Interview

The interview process was very quickly, one through online video and another took place in the office. I was very quickly invited to the second interview, after that immediately received a reply that it went very well and mow they need two references. The next day received a letter that they had not yet contacted my references but again yesterday changed that mind. That was really disappointing. Seems like there are some organizational difficulties then.. Too bad i was really into this job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Do you know our competitors? Your previous role. Why did you choose Monese.

Monese

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Monese

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn. A recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the call through their online application. They never called me. I reached out to the recruiter to find out what happened and maybe reschedule. They replied that their meeting had run late and they would be happy to reschedule. After that, I tried to reschedule twice and got pretty much the same replies and after that, they ghosted me. Very negative experience on my part. I would have preferred to just be rejected instead of wasting my time.

3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Monese (Lisbon)

Interview

Recruitment took 5 weeks in total and needed multiple follow ups with the Recruiter in-between stages.
————
1- Competency based online test: be prepared to be asked about the product and keep at hand the F.A.Q. section, you will also be asked to respond to a real life like dummy customer e-mail.
————
2- Videochat with Recruiter, you will be asked pretty standard questions about CV. Time to shine.
————
3- second videochat with senior CS staff. One was based in Tallin and drived the conversation and the second one was based in Lisbon and really just asked a couple of questions.
————
4- Send your 2+ references to the recruiter.
————
5- Wait to be offered a 1000€/month after taxes. No wiggling around, no space for negotiation.
————
6- Reject the offer unless you want to be poor in Lisbon (average rent for a studio apartment 700€)
. They expect all their employees to be poor, even if you can get more money for relaxing on your couch in your home country thanks to universal income, you can't expect your employees to be both intelligent and stupid and the same time. It doesn't work like that: you can't have both————

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Monese (Lisbon) in Jun 2019

Interview

Wen't to 2 interviews: first was CV screening with HR and after a few days a second with the 2 QA Leads. Second interview was very technical and lasted for about 1H even when I bombed in the first 15min. Interview was very professional all the way, very well prepared by the interviewers and full of quiz's and trick questions (related with QA).

Interview Questions
  • For this role there will be questions regarding possible developments, stories, etc and what would be your (QA) response taking into account the information you receive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monese (London, England, England) in Apr 2019

Interview

I came to Monese through an agent, I liked the company and I went ahead. My interview process started with a Skype call with an HR person to talk about my background, my experience and my current role. Then I received a code test to write a basic application using MVVM. And the last step was a face to face interview with part of the mobile team to talk about my solution to the code challenge, technical questions, architectures, patterns, third party libraries, testing, how I like to work, etc. The next day I received an offer but unfortunately I couldn't accept it for personal reasons. The whole process took about 3 weeks. The people were always nice and the environment there looked pretty well.

Interview Questions
  • If you had to refactor some legacy code, what steps would you do?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monese (London, England, England)

Interview

First of all they gave me a test to do in 4-5 hours using a public JSON API. They said that I should target for code quality instead of code quantity. After passing successfully the test, then I proceed to the interview part. At the interview we discussed the code that I have given to them. The outcome of the interview was "We didn't see much team fit and he wasn't able to explain his technical skills on the required level.". I did not have explain the technical skills for my code! I don't have a problem with this but I have a suggestion. At first do the interview and if they have passed successfully this step then pass the assignment to the candidates. Each candidate have spent 4-5 hours and then he/she is out of the hiring process.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews