Monese Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 28 reviews

4.3
Monese CEO Norris Koppel
Norris Koppel
  1. "Amazing culture and collaborative working"

Current Employee - Commercial Lead in London, England

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive and collaborative culture empowering people to drive the company forward

Cons

Teams could be more synchronised in terms of projects

Monese2019-09-10

"Former employee"

Former Employee - Greater London in London, England

I worked at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great product and room for growth

Cons

Poor Management, lost of company culture, failure to take on board employee comments

Monese2019-09-11

"Was so promising but then such a letdown"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues, free snacks and beer.

Cons

Lack of communication, especially when giving feedback to staff. People dismissed in a very underhand way; whole marketing team were told at 4pm, another person was dismissed at 5pm after being given one warning 2 weeks prior. Technically, just about legal but VERY CUTTHROAT. Favoritism of one particular staff member who would complain to HR about other colleagues because she thought they were giving her dirty... looks or they didn't like someone using a harsh tone to them even after they apologised to her. In any other company the HR process would be seen as a shambles.

Advice to Management

You talk about improving people's lives through banking for the underrepresented yet are quite happy to squeeze out people when they fall out of favour not exactly as caring as your mission statement. The people who help you create this vision are as important as your mission and you try and represent that.

Monese2019-06-03

"Poor leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good product and strong growth. Great exposure due to the current obsession around “FinTech”

Cons

Very poor leadership. Lacking experience and quality in key positions. The results are quickly evident. Obvious lack of culture and identity struggling to distinguish itself from competitors. A technology enabled business rather than actually creating something new.

Advice to Management

Seek help from those who know what they are doing. Hire experienced leaders who have seen and done it all before. Making it up as you go along will be cost you can’t afford.

Monese2019-05-02
  5. "Very good workplace"

I have been working at Monese full-time

Pros

Everyone is down to earth, easy going and motivated

Cons

Processes can change quicker than expected

Monese2019-02-09

"Ambitious company with clear social vision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the atmosphere in Monese - fast paced and exciting. It's a wonderful place for ambitious, creative people because the leadership team gives you ample room to make decisions and get things out the door. Monese also has a very clear social mission, and it makes a huge difference feeling that we are working towards something meaningful.

Cons

A lack of structure holds us back sometimes, but that's being worked on.

Monese2018-12-07

"Fast pacing and exciting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Things happen, no day is the same day, the company is moving fast - Exciting customer growth, the product is getting very fast adoption - People are the best, from design to engineering and product, everybody is a real superstar - Cool office location in Central London, tons of snacks available - Frequent company socials

Cons

A small lack of processes, but the company is getting there

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, bright future ahead

Monese2018-08-24
  8. "Job for students"

Former Employee - Customer Support Specialist

I worked at Monese full-time

Pros

Time flexibility, good location although the building is under construction work which makes it hard to do your job

Cons

Too many changes and not very stable job, there are not equal opportunities for women.

Monese2019-09-09

"Awesome experience"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tallinn

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth opportunities, supporting management,wfh

Cons

Lack of resources and organisation

Advice to Management

To be more organised.

Monese2019-08-18

"Quickly growing company with fast pace environment"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Tallinn

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

I strongly believe Monese product is amazing and Monese mission very ambitious. In order for the company to succeed in a current competitive market it is required from every individual joining the company to believe in the mission and give their best, which is one of the reasons I decided to join the company and accept daily challenges. Believing that I make a difference by helping customers on the daily bases is... what makes me happy and I enjoy doing. Customers are the single most important part of every business and if these are treated as I wish to be treated then business will flourish. Healthy and professional relationship between team members is a key to growth and success. Company recognises hard and professional workers and promotions are available within the business. Company organises at least 3 events per year and every team has an extra budget available for team events. Competitive Salary and stock options available for every new joiner. Snacks, coffee, sweets, soft drinks, smoothies, healthy fruits and more are always available in the kitchen.

Cons

As Monese is a fast growing business not everyone joining the company with limited experience of Customer support can manage the load of information, different type of clients moods, high workload and procedures in place. Following procedures which are changing quite often is challenging especially if these are all to be recorded in written form and have to be constantly updated and accessible to all employees.... Monese is a start up company and high speed and high volume of work is only natural for any start up to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good work.

Monese2019-04-10