NHS Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

NHS Management Interview Questions

2.9

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NHS Management in October 2015.

Interview

The interview went smoothly with the normal questions medical related. In a very professional setting on a 1:1 basis. After the interview there was the second part which was the drug testing. A couple of days later I was called and told to come to orientation and the rest was history

Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NHS Management (London, England) in March 2010.

Interview

I was phoned about the role by a recruiter who said he wanted a 'quality' candidate. He interviewed me twice and put my resume (CV) forward. I was then asked to do a series of skills tests (all very manageable). This lasted pretty much all day. I was then asked to attend the formal interview (I had been shortlisted with someone else from the original pool of 6) including a case and presentation to a panel. This was straightforward though I could tell these folks had not seen anyone with private sector sector experience...For those who don't know, the NHS (in general) is very incestuous and precious about itself, despite the fact that it is run by public sector lifers (zero experience in private sector) ..After this exercise, an offer was made. All of it was fairly straightforward and not rocket science for sure. A good candidate just needs to get his/her foot in the door from where you can move within the system (largest employer in Europe!).

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with a difficult colleague over whom you have no line management authority?   1 Answer
    • how do you achieve work life balance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

if you come from outside the NHS, you will start at the bottom of the pay scale, regardless of what you earned previously or how bright you may be...so be forewarned.

ST1 Doctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NHS Management (London, England) in February 2010.

Interview

there were four stations, 10 minutes each. The first one examined statistics and how to respond to a patient's complaint, the second examined how to deal with an angry colleague and prioritising, the third examined if you can suture and if you can do direct ophthalmoscopy and the fourth one was CV based.

Interview Questions

• A patient has complained that you examined him without wearing your white medical coat. How would you respond to thais letter?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Prepare very well for the interview

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NHS Management in June 2009.

Interview

before panel interview, there is a skill test based on statistical methods and excel spreadsheet skills. It took 30 minutes. Then there is panel interview, 3 senior managers, one of them is technical side, the other two are team manager and commissioning manager. A 20mins presentation took place first then question time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS Management in November 2008.

Interview

40 minutes interview process

Interview Questions

• Technical Question related to EMC   1 Answer

Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NHS Management (London, England) in January 2009.

Interview

About an hour long interview with 3 - 4 people and competency based questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked with difficult people   1 Answer
    • How well do you perform under pressure   1 Answer

Negotiation

Good negotiation ask for as much as you can and work backwards from there

Healthcare Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS Management.

Interview

question such as how to deal with clinical waste what to do in emergency.

Interview Questions

• what can you do to save the trust money.   1 Answer

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS Management (Birmingham, England) in January 2012.

Interview

I completed the online assessment that included a psychometric, numerical reasoning and aptitude test. The tests were all fairly standard; typical practice tests available online were preparation enough. I was informed I had passed the tests after a couple of weeks and was invited to the interview stage at Birmingham City Football Club's stadium. There were a mix of graduates at different stages of the scheme there to answer questions etc. The interview was conducted by three employees who asked various questions, and it took c. 45 minutes. I waited for another couple of weeks to hear I had not progressed to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult or unexpected questions. They asked about the 2011-12 budget cuts, overcoming problems, examples of leadership etc. Whilst the questions were atypical I clearly didn't answer well enough.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS Management (London, England) in January 2009.

Interview

3 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

flexible

Report Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS Management in May 2011.

Interview

I had a test where they have given a test on SSRS i,e a task to generate a report according to their requirements

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.