NPower Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

NPower Interview Questions

Interviews at NPower

2.8

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPower (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

They ask you questions based on your ability to stay calm in the workforce and how you would deal with certain situations. They ask about your personal life and how it might affect your ability to participate in the program

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPower.

Interview

I applied to the Tech Fundamentals program and the process was very straight forward. They ask about your background, education and experience. There were a few simple technical questions and questions about your interest in technology.

Alumni Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NPower.

Interview

Overall it was a solid interview process. The interview lasted no more than an hour. I particularly like that NPower is an IT talent pipeline and is a mission-driven organization. This position would also give me the autonomy to help implement new programs for students as well.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your transferable skills for this position?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NPower (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied by sending a cover letter and resume to an email address as specified on the job posting. Checking back weeks later, I realized that the email/person to send the application to had changed (but the application was otherwise the same). I resent the application to the new email address and got a response saying that there was actually another position at the organization that I would be better suited for and asked if I was okay with them forwarding on my resume (which I was).

The hiring manager for this next job did an initial 30-minute phone screening that felt more like a conversation than an actual interview but that went well enough that a virtual panel interview was scheduled with the rest of the team for the next week (I was not a local candidate). The panel interview started out fine enough, though with a lot of repeated questions and answers that I had already gone over in the first 30-minute phone call. About halfway through, the interview took a weird turn and I was asked questions that seemed completely unrelated to the job and seemed either very personally probing or designed as "gotcha" questions (e.g., "What do you do for fun in your spare time?" and "How many tennis balls are sold in the U.S. each year?"). By the time we got to the time for me to ask questions, two of the three individuals said that they had other calls at the next hour that they had to prepare for and excused themselves from the call (despite having scheduled my calendar for the full hour).

A day later, I got a request to do another conference call with the group for "follow-up questions," which turned out to be them telling me over the phone that they had hired someone else for the job but thought I might be a good fit for an entirely different job in a different (but nearby) office with the organization. After the weird interview questions and this being the second time I had been "bounced" to another job for consideration, I began to worry about professionalism (thinking this probably wasn't a team I wanted to work on) and disorganization (perhaps only at this location or perhaps widespread) and told them thanks, but no thanks.

Oh, and after thinking my way through the tennis ball question, I asked them what the answer was, but they hadn't looked that up. I say never ask a trick question like that that you yourself don't know the answer to!

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time for fun?
      How many tennis balls are sold in the U.S. each year?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NPower (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

once applied, I was sent an email with confirmation and next steps. The process was very smooth. Spoke with the recruiter and was asked questions about what I did previously and why technology

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPower.

Interview

Applied for a position posted on their website and heard back right away. Supposedly they were moving quickly so we set up a phone interview later in the week.

It was a pretty basic phone interview, I never heard back though even after I followed up.

It says a lot about a company the way they treat their applicants. We are all busy, there is just no excuse.

Interview Questions

• What is one project you left unfinished and you felt you could have done better on?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NPower (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed was great, very easy, got hired a couple weeks later after the process

great environment

Interview Questions

• A presentation about the subject i will be teach   1 Answer

NPower Response

24 Jul 2017 – Vice President, Marketing

Congratulations to you and welcome to the NPower Texas team!

Tech Fundamentals Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NPower (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was 2 hours long, answered about 30 questions the first hour with one interviewer. Then the next hour was summing up what the program was about whole going over my answers from the first interview. People seemed very friendly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NPower (Alameda, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by a two-person interview team, after taking a computer test for basic computer literacy. Lasted perhaps 30 minutes, was dressed to the nines whereas the interviewers dressed business casual.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness that's manifested itself at the workplace (or, paraphrasing, what challenges have you faced working with teams)?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NPower (Leeds, England) in October 2017.

Interview

phone interview, tests etc, face to face interview, group exercise. Pretty standard corporate assessment day. Friendly enough people carrying out the interview was no issues really. Can be frustrating to jump through all the hoops, but no avoiding them really.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions, why do you want to work for npower etc   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.