NPower Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Dec 9, 2019

3.6
NPower CEO Bertina Ceccarelli
Bertina Ceccarelli
Pros
  • "offered to veterans and young adults between ages 18-24(in 5 reviews)

• "Great Mission, Wonderful Students, Good Employer Partners(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The leadership is really weak and misguided resulting in high turnover(in 4 reviews)

• "high turnover, little support, poor communication, lacks clarity and direction to provide to staff - no training(in 3 reviews)

1. "Do it for the children"

I have been working at NPower full-time for more than a year

Pros

Npower has a great mission that changes many lives. The whole team is dedicated toward helping young adults lead successful careers. The job is stressful but at the end of the day, it's all about the students and getting them from point A to point B.

Cons

The stress level is high and it does take it's toll on the staff. There is limited career growth.

NPower2019-05-13
  2. "n/a"

Former Employee - Management

I worked at NPower full-time for more than a year

Pros

the program is expanding and the leadership is growing.

Cons

its a non-profit so the usual grievances.

NPower2019-11-27
  3. "Tale of Two Cities"

Current Employee - Director
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at NPower full-time

Pros

Scrappy non-profit staff that makes it all come together no matter what for the good of the students. The staff have a genuine desire to see the students succeed. The mission is noble and the staff are hardworking. There is also a ton of room for innovation which is a definite plus for someone looking to think outside the box.

Cons

The leadership team is disconnected and does not have a grasp on the amount of work their teams do daily before they commit them to more. This organization is still in never ending startup scrappy non-profit mode due to poor planning and execution on the leadership side. Growth is good but growth without diligent planning it just causes unending growing pains. Probably the biggest con of all is the level of... gossip and lack of professionalism at the leadership level. No one should be afraid that questions or complaints will get back to coworkers or their managers. If you express a concern you better believe your manager will hear it all word for word within the hour. There is a difference between questioning to investigate and them just relaying what you think would be a confidential conversation. They fully arm management with just enough information to turn things around to make you the employee with performance issues.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of communicating the vision top down and across the organization, use the feedback you regularly collect and stop turning a blind eye to the concerns. Employee complaints shouldn't go unaddressed.

NPower2019-12-10
  4. "It's a top down organization"

Former Employee - Guidance Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NPower full-time for more than a year

Pros

On the ground level you do amazing work for amazing people.

Cons

It's a top down organization

Advice to Management

if you want control please show support

NPower2019-08-16
  5. "Npower is a teaching employment programme initiated by Nigeria Government."

Current Employee - Mathematics Teacher in Bida, Niger

I have been working at NPower full-time for more than a year

Pros

Npower program is organised and has all the facilities for impacting knowledge to the pupils and students.

Cons

Npower program paid salaries lately.

Advice to Management

The salaries should be paid at when due. Federal government should workout ways to extend the duration of the program.

NPower2019-07-31
  6. "Don't waste your time"

Current Employee - Junior IT Analyst in Calgary, AB

I have been working at NPower full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can get free certification

Cons

Will string you along, only for alot of broken promises

NPower2019-08-14

"Great place"

I have been working at NPower full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A new CEO changing the size and getting results... And improving salaries and conditions of work...

Cons

NPower saw in 2016 a change in management and there has been some growing pains... but it is totally shaping up...

Advice to Management

KEEP AIMING HIGH!

NPower2019-06-12
  8. "manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at NPower part-time

Pros

Great environment, a lot of passion with youth and their work

Cons

none. It was great no concerns or cons

NPower2019-06-06

"Career Placement Mgr."

Current Employee - Career Placement Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at NPower full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is probably the best place I have ever worked. I get up each morning and look forward to my day. They say find a job you are passionate about and you will never work a day in your life. The people I work with have a genuine desire ti help the students and go above and beyond to make sure they succeed. I am blessed to be a part of this organization.

Cons

The only thing that I have struggled with is training in my new rule. There have been some trial and errors, but overall I have enjoyed being a part of what we are doing to help our young people become successful.

Advice to Management

Create a training model that can be implemented across the regions we serve. It will allow things to be consistent therefore lessen the growing pains of the organization.

NPower2018-12-27
  10. "Scrappy Tech Non-Profit"

I have been working at NPower full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great colleagues, mission driven, small enough to adapt to industry changes quickly, opportunities for advancement

Cons

As with most non-profits, funding is always an issue, which can lead to less than ideal amounts of staff to handle the workload; communication from headquarters to the rest of the organization can be lacking as well, but upper management is aware and taking steps to improve

Advice to Management

Think carefully about expansion opportunities, just because money is available doesn't mean we should jump at it without considering the pros and cons - and the outcome responsibilities - of that funding.

NPower2018-09-10