NPower Reviews

Found 49 of over 69 reviews

4.0
NPower CEO Bertina Ceccarelli
Bertina Ceccarelli
Pros
  • "Follow through after Internship - I am still in contact with NPower till this day(in 6 reviews)

• "Non-Profit, Generous Benefits, Guidance is key(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Every non-profit has its quirks; it's all about working through and around them(in 5 reviews)

• "high turnover, little support, poor communication, lacks clarity and direction to provide to staff - no training(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

230 Comments

Tech

86K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=NPower~288126
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Do it for the children

May 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Npower has a great mission that changes many lives. The whole team is dedicated toward helping young adults lead successful careers. The job is stressful but at the end of the day, it's all about the students and getting them from point A to point B.

Cons

The stress level is high and it does take it's toll on the staff. There is limited career growth.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Decent place to work

May 25, 2021 - Administrative Functions
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, good supervisors, creative freedom

Cons

Limited resources available to key workers

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing culture

Nov 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing talented professionals who truly believe in the mission.

Cons

Cannot be afraid of hard work

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Inspiring Work

Nov 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most employees are dedicated and passionate about NPower's mission.

Cons

Since the organization is growing so quickly, systems and processes are often in flux - causing a level of cultural chaos and uncertainty.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great place to grow !

Aug 11, 2021 - Assistant Technical Instructor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Professional development Small teams Great pay Hybrid work Great place to grow as a professional and learn Very rewarding work

Cons

HR The work days when in office are extremely long , 8:30-6pm . Miss a lot of time at home with family.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to gain experience

Mar 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relationship with my colleagues was great. Everyone was so willing to help out and explain things as best they can. When the pandemic started, NPower really pulled together to help its employees and its students by fully supporting work-from-home and by providing extra benefits to ease the transition. The organization was stronger because of this.

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary. Every non-profit has its quirks; it's all about working through and around them.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Program

Mar 26, 2021 - IT Trainee in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

-great staff that focuses on value

Cons

I don't really have any cons

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great work

Apr 6, 2021 - Rep
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work in the community, impacts lives of young adults.

Cons

Management needs to appreciate all levels of positions in the company and leverage the skills they bring much better.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good Experience

Feb 26, 2021 - Assistant Technical Instructor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Non-Profit, Generous Benefits, Guidance is key

Cons

None that I can say at the moment.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Non-profit becoming too invested in the money, and losing sight of the mission

Feb 4, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great employee relationships Helping launch digital careers and changing life trajectory for trainees

Cons

Overworked and underpaid Unrealistic recruitment metrics that don't match placement percentages CEO from corporate sector, navigating a not-for-profit and losing sight of why we help with fidelity Everyone in their respectful department seems burned out and sad Senior Management afraid to have tough conversations with CEO about being off course

5 people found this review helpful

NPower Response

CEO

Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback. I am grateful for your perspective on our organization and my leadership. There is no question we are experiencing an unprecedented time in this country and I acknowledge it has not only affected those we serve but those, like you and our broader team, who serve the community. And burnout, especially in the non-profit world, is a very real challenge and something I am committed to addressing. Our success is dependent on our employees’ success and I need to know when more support is needed or change is necessary. Even in a virtual environment, we continue to maintain an Open-Door Policy because I want you to feel comfortable sharing critical feedback. And potential solutions. I agree we have ambitious goals to do more for the communities we serve. That growth can be uncomfortable at times, but we are mission-focused and in this together. I am listening, I hear you and my door is always open. Bertina

Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Reviews