National Grid Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at National Grid

2.9

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

Hired through an Agency, mostly phone interviews with NG Managers, work through contract coordinator that seem to be on the ball, but sent me to incorrect address for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, no surprises, only difficulty was trying to understand thick scottish accents   Answer Question

Negotiation

Contract pay rate fair and in the range of market.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Grid.

Interview

Online application, online test, phone screen, in-person super-day style interview. They have set HR questions they have to ask during the in person interview. Also includes a group case and group interview.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at National Grid (New York, NY (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

The actual interview was what you would expect. There were some behavioral questions and a few broad technical questions. Interview went fine and was told I would be contacted with decision in two weeks. Didn't hear back for a month and when I contacted them to inquire if a decision had been made I was told they were almost there and HR would let me know. Never heard from NG again. Not even the courtesy of a rejection email. Overall I would describe my experience as: waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with a boss. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at National Grid.

Interview

Applied through Monster.com in 2008. Contacted by National Grid ~ 4 weeks after original submission. Interviewed with hiring manager and existing team member. Interview was thorough and highlighted how I had experiences/skills that aligned with National Grid priorities (ethics, future vision, performance). Recieved offer ~ 3 weeks after interview.

Interview Questions

• How I might deal with or with with a difficult team member or customer   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for a salary $5,000 higher than the original offer and a $1,000 sign on bonus which I recieved

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (Waltham, MA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call for a screening from a analyst then scheduled a in person interview. after the interview i was contacted by HR for college transcripts and background checks.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with pivot tables and do you know how to insert a V-lookup formula   1 Answer

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at National Grid (Waltham, MA (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Several phone interviews, an informal face to face interview, followed by a formal interview that consisted of a case interview, and then a follow-up leadership/behavioral interview. Then an offer contingent on a medical exam and background check.

Interview Questions

• It was a case interview based on new drilling technology they had discovered.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate 10% higher than the initial offer.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at National Grid.

Interview

I applied in response to a job posting distributed by my alumni networking group. The process consisted of a 20-minute phone screening with a recruiter, a 1-hour phone interview with the hiring manager, then a half-day of in-person interviews at the Waltham HQ. I liked that each interviewer was prepared with a set of non-overlapping questions that clearly showed that they had read my cover letter and considered my resume in some detail.

While it was an overall pleasant experience, one of my biggest pet peeves is the post-interview silence. I did not get the job, however because I had driven 600 miles, round-trip, to meet the team in-person and do 4 hours of interviews in Waltham, I was even more put off that no one had the decency to tell me the final result. I followed up 4 times with no response. How hard is it to reply to a candidate with "We haven't decided yet" or "Sorry, you didn't get the job"?

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate whether National Grid should develop utility-scale solar assets in upstate New York?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (Waltham, MA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

I got called to schedule an onsite interview. It was brief interview for no more than an hour with two of the yard supervisors. Asked mostly behavioral questions about managing others and dealing with workplace stress and the stressful employees.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at National Grid (Providence, RI (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewers made you feel very comfortable and even joked with you so there were some laughs. They ask about your past experiences, your knowledge on the job qualifications, experience in the software/programs for the job, and why you'd like to work for the company. Only downside is the hiring process takes a long time due to some delays.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company? Do you know the difference between GC, GM, and GO for Powerplant Accounting? Why should we pick you for this job?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at National Grid (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

Contractor interview for Analyst position. It was an average interview. No technical questions. Mostly talked about behavioral questions and duties of the position. 2 weeks after recruiter offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you have a conflict with your colleagues.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.