OVO Interview Questions

Updated 11 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 107 of over 107 interviews

Recruiter10%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at OVO (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

I had a first stage telephone interview with a member of the recruitment team and a second stage interview was quickly scheduled for a week later. I was really impressed with the first stage of the interview and the turnaround time in being updated by the recruiter. However, I received a voicemail & email today, 15 minutes before the second stage interview was due to commence and was informed it was being cancelled due to a communication breakdown. A little more advance notice would have been appreciated, having spent a considerable amount of time preparing for the interview and I would have understood more if it had been due to illness or a similar reason, given the short notice. I decided to withdraw my application and it hasn’t left me with a great impression of the company. I would not recommend applying for roles with OVO to family and friends, as a result of this experience.

Interview Questions
  • What attracted you to OVO? How would your colleagues/friends describe you?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OVO (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

It postponed three times and took 10 minutes. She seems very busy and still they did not contact me for 17 days but they said that they will contact me. I do not know I am successful or not but I am still waiting their return.

Interview Questions
  • It took only 10 minutes, they asked me where I see myself in the future and they asked general things. It seems they are in a rush.

OVO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OVO

Interview

Had a 15 minute interview with the hiring manager which she didn't turn up too. I was then asked to reschedule. The interview was pretty standard. She was friendly and asked the expected questions. I was told I would hear back a week later but heard nothing. Two weeks later I sent a message asking for updates and was told the process was taking longer than expected and would be informed with updates/next steps soon. Two weeks later I have still heard nothing after having messaged multiple people at the company. If you value your time, do not interview at OVO. They had plenty of opportunity to communicate but consistently did not. Have since applied elsewhere and accepted another offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OVO (London, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Screener with internal talent team, competency based interview with line manager, task/assignment. Screener was standard, interview with LM was purely on leadership, with some very explicit questions which, in my view, expose them to textbook answers, and some others a bit more original. I felt the outcome could be highly subjective, but maybe that's what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
  • What is your leadership style?
  • Give me an example of a good piece of feedback you have received

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OVO (London, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

A call with an internal recruiter, a 30 min screen with a hiring manager, 3 hr long back-to-back process - this included code test, systems design and behavioural. All good, nothing to complain about. Last was a chat with what would have been my team. Really awesome role. However, declined the offer as the salary was below my asking and HR are immovable - negotiation is not an option. I would have lost out financially if I moved.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to join? String manipulation problem. Design a system.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OVO (London, England, England)

Interview

The recruitment process was well planned, the recruitment assistant had been in touch throughout, to ensure I knew where it was and who I would be meeting. A phone call to provide feedback after the interview process was also done.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

OVO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OVO in Jan 2021

Interview

Lots of interviews and levels to go through (5 in total). Very limited structure and a distinct feeling that so many people were involved because they couldn't collectively decide what the job was actually for. The process was generally off-putting and not a great representation of Ovo. The role was eventually pulled because they couldn't agree on the candidate to choose. Having spoken to a few other individuals, this seems a common thread. Although a good learning experience, unfortunately a bit of a time wasting exercise.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

OVO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OVO

Interview

Applied Directly through the OVO careers page. Was contacted by the recruiter and set up an initial telephone interview. I was told at the end of the interview that my next stage would be arranged with the hiring manager. I received no further contact. I followed up a week later and received no response.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

OVO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OVO in Dec 2020

Interview

Very unprofessional. Felt like manager wasn't interested or experienced at all. Asked to do a massive piece of creative branding work for a new product under the guise of 'simple test'. Received no contact after submitting. Told I didn't get the job by a standard copy/paste email response with a line say 'if you need feedback I can call'. Didn't get the call back. If you value your creative ideas and work don't apply.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at OVO (London, England, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

I applied for the role of senior user researcher, and was invited to an interview a week later. I was also sent through an applicant guidance pack, which provided me with a description of each stage. The first stage to expect was a chat with talent acquisition, but when I joined the call I was met with two leads from the design team. I found the interview style and the questions quite unorganised and unprofessional. I felt that this demonstrated a much lower level of maturity for the UX process than I was expecting, particularly for a senior position. Due to these reasons, I withdrew my application after the interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 107 Interviews