OVO Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 118 of over 118 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OVO (Bristol, England) in Nov 2017

Interview

The interview process was really positive and friendly, some complex questions but nothing too difficult. I enjoyed the quiz question at the end about how many planes I think leave Heathrow airport in a week, I know they just wanted to see how I approached the question and my workings out.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of where you’ve had to work as a team?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OVO (Bristol, England) in Sep 2021

Interview

Firstly, the job advert was very misleading as it did not mention that this role was based within a call centre, as soon as I heard that my interest dropped dramatically. I interviewed over Zoom with 2 ladies, 1 asking general questions about why I wanted the job, what was my old job, why are you leaving etc etc. The other lady was taking notes. The question side of it was all pretty standard (albeit awkward as I don't think you can really interview someone properly via video call) then there was a 30 minute role play exercise with 2 guys which made me want to absolutely die, they are the worst things in the world (role play... not guys). I was asked to conducts a 1:1 with one of my "team members" and question him on his progress using OVO product names and things like that (things I'd never heard of)… I come from an energy industry background and the things they were wanting were just stupid. I had the interview over 3 weeks ago now (01/09/21) and I still haven't heard from them re how it went, I will assume I didn't get it (lol).

Interview Questions
  • - Why do you want to work for Ovo - Why are you leaving your current role - What experiences have you had with monitoring teams - What size team have you worked with before - How can you past experiences transfer to this role
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about OVO

Join the conversation on

Women In Consulting

1y

works at

Accenture

What do you eat on a daily basis? Having a tough time losing 5lbs and feel like I eat relatively healthy. B- 2 coffees w cream, L- salsa omelet w/ OVO, D- chicken, veg & rice & half a cookie.

39 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OVO (New York, NY) in Sep 2021

Interview

Three steps: First, a simple call to HR, simple questions like motivations and experience. Second, a call with manager with a simple test using arrays manipulation. Thirty: Three meetings , 30min with Manager to behavioral and soft skills, the second a meeting to discuss system design (API, services, databases, security...) and the last one a pair programming session (strings manipulation). Every people very friendly and helpful to understand what do you talk. I like this process. They talk directly to the point and try to understand how do you work, your methods.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

OVO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OVO

Interview

After phone screening with hr. I had a chat with a software engineer that asked me questions about motivation and then asked me to do a live coding exercise followed by a design architecture questions. I told them that I worked as scientist all my life and wanted to get out. The coding exercise was about the design of a Python function to solve a simple problem I then was invited to a final stage consisting of : -45 minutes live coding (string manipulation) - 45 minutes system design interview(design a Note application) - 45 minutes behavioural interview by 2 managers After this in a couple of days they sent me their feedback which was just about the last interview with managers. Basically I got rejected as I don’t have product experience (As I worked in science for too long ) and according to them scientists work in isolation so it was a no.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

OVO

Application

I interviewed at OVO

Interview

We can do it at the end of the week if we need anything else I can think about what time do you need me too much lol lol thanks for the invite thanks for letting me know

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

OVO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OVO in Jul 2021

Interview

After phone screening. Started with a hour interview with a manager 45 minute chat followed by 15 minute coding exercise which was quite straight forward. Coding exercise was a basic array manipulation question. Then followed 3 more interviews conducted in one day remotely with 5 minute break in between. - Coding exercise: Coding the rules for a well known game into a simple program, and writing unit tests - Design interview: Whiteboarding the process for designing a Note taking app. - Behavioural interview: Questions about how you'd respond in certain situations

Interview Questions
  • Curvball - Describe GraphQL as if you were explaining it to your nan
  • What is your process to reviewing code?
2 people found this interview helpful

OVO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OVO in Jul 2021

Interview

Round1: Call with interviewer Round2: Paired programming task and lead engineer interview Round3: Interviews with different team leads They run general recruitment runs and don't recruit for a specific team/role. After qualifying for the last round, they try to match you with a specific team by scheduling interviews with the leaders on those teams. Only two teams had vacancies when I interviewed. I wasn't particularly interested in any of the teams, so the recruiter ghosted me after that. Overall a waste of time. Recruit for a specific role and be upfront about the team, tech stack, project etc.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you received constructive feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OVO (Wolverhampton, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

Went through 3 stages 1. Talent advisor called to find out why i applied, and why i think i should be hired 2. Interviewed with Hiring manager next day, she was great and asked questions more around my soft skills and team integration 3. Met the team within the same week, asked questions to demonstrate my technical skills, auditing questions and all. There was HSE manager who was asking soft skill questions 4. Got decline email the following week

Interview Questions
  • What value would you add to OVO How can you fit into our culture/values How do you handle a situation where you have to present an audit finding to difficult senior management team Where do you see yourself in 5 years How would you build trust and relationship with the team when you join Take us through step by step process of performing an internal audit engagement
  • Mostly about Team integration. i think your soft skill and cultural compatibility is more important to OVO than your technical skills and talent. Not bad, Different things works for different employers. Nice experience though!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at OVO (Bristol, England) in May 2021

Interview

Once I applied for the job on their website I got a call in the next day or so from Heather at OVO (internal recruiter) to organise an interview with the hiring manager. The interview went well but in the week that followed my interview, I had a generic email telling me I didn't get the job, which is perfectly fine but I wanted to know some feedback as to where I could improve for next time. I've emailed 3 times in the space of 4 weeks and haven't heard back, not even a phone call. Really disappointing. Especially during these times where things are tough because of the pandemic and feedback is extremely important. Makes me feel like I was just a box to tick.

Interview Questions
  • My previous experience and how I can relate that to the current role
  • How I would implement a marketing campaign for smart meters?

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at OVO (London, England) in May 2021

Interview

Three stages: 1) Prepare a 10/15 minute presentation (I chose powerpoint) based on findings from a large Excel dataset (I used excel and SQL for my analysis because I knew it's a SQL-heavy role). Then follow-up questions concerning data tools, and questions about the company. 2) Behavourial interview, 45 minutes, classic situational questions: "tell me of a time when...", "what would you do if...", remember the three OVO key values and name-drop them. 3) SQL assessment, live-coding. One large task with multiple questions, with interviewer watching and discussing.

Interview Questions
  • How would you present an idea or proposal that you're certain on to a higher member of staff who may not have the same understanding?
  • When have you been responsible for more junior team members and how did you go about it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at OVO (London, England) in May 2021

Interview

Brief screening call with internal recruiter asking about my background, notice period etc. Followed by a video call with hiring manager, usual explanation of the role followed by questions. Received an email later explaining I didn't have the right experience for a graduate role...

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 118 Interviews