OVO Reviews

Updated 14 May 2021

3.4
OVO CEO Stephen Fitzpatrick
Stephen Fitzpatrick
Pros
  • "free breakfast (toast and cereal)(in 45 reviews)

• "OVO has a great mission (Plan Zero) and a really inclusive culture(in 39 reviews)

• Cons
  • "A good measure of an employer is how they treat you once they no longer need you, and Ovo was 5/5(in 33 reviews)

• "Company can be very fast paced which is not for everyone(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Great Company!

24 Mar 2021 - Advisor in Havant, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, Great Flexibility, Good company ethics and Great plan for Green Energy.

Cons

Currently limited scope for progression within some teams, not terrible but not amazing.

OVO Response

Thanks for your five star review! Our people are really important to us so it's great to hear that you enjoy our rewards, flexible work policy and ethics. We want to make sure that everyone at OVO has the opportunity to progress so please do speak to your line manager or People Business Partner if you’d like to chat on what this means for you and your career.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

great place to work, definitely feel part of a movement

13 May 2021 - Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

great place to work, great people, a movement on a mission to change the world

Cons

very fast paced and at times a bit disorganised. Still needs to put in place all the right systems that will allow everyone to thrive here

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not good for your mental health

12 Apr 2021 - Sales and Retention in Dunfermline, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can work from home

Cons

Management are bullies, the company is really disorganised and have no idea what they are doing. You have to wait up to 11 months for some of the bonus payments to come through. If you are doing well they will try to find mistakes so they can take away your bonus (usually for a minimum of 6 months). The management contradict themselves and each other on all of the processes so there is always uncertainty on what you should be doing, they do not write down any processes so they can later turn round and say you have gone wrong and you should be doing it this way. They change processes frequently without telling (all of the) employees. Do not join this company if you value your mental health. There is a cleek between the management and a few of the advisors, if you are in that cleek you don't do much work and can get away with what you like. There is little training when you first join and the person who trained me introduced the claims department as the 'slit your wrist' department as it is usually customers complaining that the engineer has not turned up or not done the job right etc. There is no option for progression, you can do a management course with Corgi but this is is Corgi specific and if you do the course there are also many others in the company that have done this so it doesn't actually offer you any progression. Some advisors have been in the position of wanting progression for years but Corgi haven't promoted anyone from the Sales and Retention Dept for 5+ years.

1 person found this review helpful

OVO Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re really sorry to hear that your experience at OVO hasn’t been positive. We care about our people’s wellbeing and take any reports of bullying very seriously. Please get in contact with your People Business Partner as soon as you can, they’ll be able to work with you to help ensure your experience at OVO is positive. If you'd like to raise any concerns around bullying and/or misconduct, please use our Vault platform and someone will follow up accordingly.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company to work for.

6 May 2021 - Collections Specialist in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

OVO offers great benefits to their employees and seem to employ like minded friendly staff. During my time, the events held were great fun and a lot of effort was put into them to ensure all staff had a great time. In my experience, OVO care about their staff.

Cons

Not all managers sing from the same hymn sheet. Although my experience for the most part was good, a few colleagues didn't share the same feeling. Some work needs to be done to ensure management leads by example and all offer the same support.

5. 4.0

good employer

14 May 2021 - Senior User Experience Designer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly, helpful teams, challenging work

Cons

can be a bit technical, more workshops than design

6. 5.0

Forward looking company

12 May 2021 - Head of Analytics in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team. Zero carbon focus.

Cons

In the throes of merging with SSE so some technical challenges

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

What you would expect from OVO

3 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Committed to innovation, building something great and delighting customers. Fun place to work most of the time.

Cons

Not sure it's the best place for progression. Tend to hire good people for a role to continue to do that role.

OVO Response

Thanks for your review. We're pleased to hear that we're a fun place to work and that we're committed to building something great for our members. We aim to provide a transparent progression process and we want to make sure this is clear for everyone. If you'd like us to give us more feedback on what we can do to improve, please contact hrhelpdesk@ovoenergy.com.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great and challenging place to work where you work hard and play hard

25 Feb 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Intelligent co-workers // So much opportunity to learn from others // Fun, vibrant office atmosphere // Great benefits and salary (much higher than most employers in Bristol) // Fast paced atmosphere and drive to achieve the absolute best // Many, many career highlights were gained during my employment at OVO // Some ability to take your job in the direction you wanted to take it in! If you had an idea, you could invariably make it happen!

Cons

You can end up almost being "married" to your job and not find much time for anything else! It could be quite cliquey in some areas of the business and a there was definitely an atmosphere of it being about "who you know rather than what you know"... There appeared to be a bit of an OVO trapdoor - one day someone was there, next day they weren't - a unspoken truth that if you made one wrong move you were out...

1 person found this review helpful

Employee Engagement Business Partner

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re glad you enjoyed a lot of what OVO has to offer. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive place to work with an open and transparent career progression scheme. We care about our people and champion ways of working that creates a great work/life balance. If you feel there’s anything we can do to improve, please email hrhelpdesk@ovoenergy.com

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

OVO is a great company to join fresh out of university as it has a young and exciting workforce.

30 Apr 2021 - Customer Operations Administrator in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great additional perks on top of salary.

Cons

Not the most competitive salary

OVO Response

Thanks for your five star review - we're so pleased to hear that you're enjoying your time at OVO!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that cares for it's people

18 Apr 2021 - Project Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible work environment - Management really do care what you think as an employee. Feedback is taken on-board - Not hierarchical - Big company with a start-up feel - Developmental opportunities

Cons

- Like most places, your experience with management is largely down to who you have as a manager

OVO Response

Thanks for your feedback. Our people are very important to us so it's great to see that you enjoy our environment and feel supported by our management team. We try to be as authentic and transparent as possible and it's definitely something we'll continue to do. We work hard to make sure that no matter where you are in OVO you have a positive experience and if you'd like to flag any areas where you think we need to improve, please get in contact with your People Partner.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 392 Reviews