PageGroup Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

PageGroup Interview Questions

Updated 10 Dec 2018

Sort:

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PageGroup in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The recruiter seemed impatient and was trying to ask me interview type questions as soon as I answered the phone. He didn't give me much time to answer, interrupted me every few seconds, and then suggested I "do more research" and talk to him the next week. We set up a date and time. When the time came, I waited for a call. After about 10 mins I called his office. The secretary said he was finishing up a meeting. I figured it had run long. I waited a full hour and didn't receive a call. I called his office and left a message. No response or attempt to contact me again. Extremely unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• "You do realize this is sales right?" - he actually asked it just like that.   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PageGroup.

Interview

contacted by a NEW consultant, for now i'll spare his name. He contacted me to persuade me to work for another company. The reviews on that company is horrible. Normally you would take glassdoor reviews with a grain of salt. However, if multiple people complain about the SAME thing, it's a red flag. He also mentioned that there was low turnover for a sales position. Another red flag. He spoke in a very condescending tone, especially when I checked out his linkedin profile, only been working here for THREE months! Do not act like you know the industry especially if you went from a Paralegal to a RECRUITER.

Interview Questions

• None, THEY WANT you, you have control, you set the bar! Do not act like you're doing me a favor and saying I was not a right fit! That's not how you build rapport in any business position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Contacted through a mutual acquaintance, went through several phone screenings that were more like conversations, then invited to interview in person. The interview was very casual/ informal, and seemed to be going well enough. Followed up to find that they had passed without explanation.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

First Round: Interview with a consultant
    Second Round: Caliper Test
    Third Round: Interview with two manager
    Fourth Round: Interview with one manager, role play, interview with the managing director

The process moved relatively quickly, the thing that took longest was getting feedback and results from the caliper test and the actual offer. ** I interviewed days before Christmas, so that's why.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think motivation comes from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I went through an intensive interview day. We probably started with 20 people at the beginning of the day, and they had us do different things throughout the whole day. They had us go around the room and stand up, introduce ourselves, say why recruitment interested us, our background, and a fun fact. This was in front of all of the other interviewees and a group of managers - about 10 people dressed to the nines. It was intimidating. They split us into groups of 2 and had us do a sales role play. They also had us interview with 2 different managers (separately.) When we returned, they had half of us stand up and go into another room, where they were told to go home (they didn't get the job.) Some people were very cutthroat in my interviews - questioning why I would want to be there, that my background doesn't lend itself to recruitment, while others were nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Try to sell a gym membership to someone without lowering the price of the monthly payment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 managers in the office...came to shadow and visit the office...then met with the managing director and got an offer the same day. The managers were very blunt and transparent because they really want you to know what you're getting into.

Interview Questions

• Why Michael Page? Why should I hire you? Sell me a pen.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Thorough - multiple stages and an opportunity to meet a wide cross section of the staff. I was required to present to the board on my business plan and why I felt that the business would be a fit for me, and vise versa. Also, a personality test was required before you would be considered

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PageGroup (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

After completing an initial online personality assessment, I was brought in for a 2-day interview process that included individual interviews, role playing, meeting the team, sitting in on a candidate call and finally a Skype interview with the MD.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I was looking for a transparent company that is consistently looking to grow together, but also exercises a culture of accountability. Michael Page seemed to embody that. The impression I got throughout the process was that the Chicago office is growing fast and they need hard working individuals (regardless of experience) to bring in and capitalize on this opportunity. Each consultant and manager I met was genuine, sincere, and above all else, driven. The interview questions themselves were challenging and they really put me on the spot, but I enjoyed it because it demonstrates that they truly care who they bring into the company and who they entrust as an ambassador of Michael Page.

And finally, what sealed the deal for me was meeting the Managing Director based in Boston. He was genuine and a smart individual who expressed that the growth in Chicago, and within Michael Page itself, is immense. This 1 hour meeting/ interview was more than enough to demonstrate his leadership qualities and motivate me work for this company.

To conclude, I couldn't have been more excited when they offered me a position and I am ecstatic to start working. Was the interview process tough? Absolutely. But is it worth challenging yourself to receive an opportunity at Michael Page? 100% yes!

Interview Questions

• What is your previous sales experience and state your performance metrics? (Revenue gained, clients added, etc.)   Answer Question

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was about four to five rounds of interviews.
    A lot of role plays and mocks. Be prepared to "spontaneously" sell something.
    They ask you a lot of the same questions in different ways.
    Interviewers were very friendly and helpful.
    Brianna really helped me prepare for the process. She was very informative and helpful.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

This company had me interview for one external position and one internal position. The external one never got back to me and they rejected me internally. What a total waste of time. Of course they would choose a Caucasian person with little to no experience than a person of color coming from a third-world country who has experience. Very unfortunate. I hate this company very much because they did not respond to my email when I was asking for specific feedback as to why I wasn't chosen.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.