PageGroup Reviews

Found 1,791 of over 2,588 reviews

3.9
PageGroup CEO Steve Ingham
Steve Ingham
Pros
  • "Nice work environment to grow yourself(in 103 reviews)

• "Dynamic environment with a lot of opportunities for career progression if you are willing to put in the time and effort(in 94 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours but most recruitment jobs require this(in 239 reviews)

• "Working hours are higher sometimes(in 75 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to build a career

Oct 17, 2021 - Recruiter in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-team culture -career progression -bonus and commission

Cons

-big company -lack of communication -sales environment

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear you enjoy the team culture and career progression that is available here at PageGroup. There are challenges and pressures working in any sales environment and I appreciate this doesn't suit everyone. We try to identify people who will thrive in recruitment by undertaking a thorough talent acquisition process and being honest about the challenges that can arise when you work in a competitive industry.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Page Personnel Leeds - Supportive Environment

Dec 15, 2021 - Managing Consultant in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Highly supportive environment, feels like managers do care about you and want you to succeed - Great work/life balance (especially with new hybrid working and flexibility policies) - Fun office environment, very social - Good benefits, new maternity scheme is brilliant and holiday allowance is generous - Page Personnel commission scheme is very transparent, promotion targets are clear - Interesting job which changes daily

Cons

- Lower base salaries than other agencies, not a problem when you are regularly earning commission however - General issues of the industry - some months slower than others, some might be insanely busy - but PP Leeds has a supportive team to pull you out of any slumps!

3. 4.0

Working with PageGroup

Dec 7, 2021 - Executive Assistant in Reading, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been a good experience with this group.

Cons

None I can think of

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

flexible and supportive business

Nov 24, 2021 - Senior Business Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

excellent training modern and inclusive place to work great benefits and staff well being

Cons

You will work hard, but its very rewarding. Not really a con!

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you you value the world class training that we provide here at PageGroup. Employee well-being is our priority and we are happy to know our employees are feeling appreciated.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work if you are not afraid of hard work

Nov 22, 2021 - Director Shared Services in Slough, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great package of support and benefits.

Cons

They have stopped listening to the noise on the ground. It has become a factory in the support area.

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the available support packages and benefits available. We appreciate all feedback and continue to make improvements.

6. 3.0

Page group

Dec 2, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- There is a good social element

Cons

- Working hours - Flexibility - Low pay

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great training

Nov 9, 2021 - Associate Director in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There have great, thorough training

Cons

They are a little overly struxtured

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for the feedback. PageGroup also offer the best training in the industry with our structured and extensive development programmes, often cited as best-in-class for the recruitment industry. Our strong track record of internal career moves and promotion from within means that people who join us know that they could be our future senior managers and main Board Directors.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Oct 27, 2021 - Senior Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Global opportunities, experienced colleagues, good support depending on team

Cons

Low salaries, lack of recognition, discretionary bonus

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Very good for working mothers

Oct 8, 2021 - Candidate Relationship Manager/Recruiter in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

My team is fantastic, incredibly supportive. My contribution to the team is recognised and valued.

Cons

Sometimes sales targets drive the wrong behavior (particularly for the long term), this is more prevalent in some brands within the group than in others. Systems are improving. D&I schemes are living in the business and not just lip service.

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for the feedback. We make sure that we enjoy a collaborative atmosphere and work as a team. We have five values that have always contributed to our success; take pride, be passionate, never give up, work as a team and make it fun. There are challenges and pressures working in any sales environment and I appreciate this doesn't suit everyone. We try to identify people who will thrive in recruitment by undertaking a thorough talent acquisition process and being honest about the challenges that can arise when you work in a competitive industry.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A career I could only have dreamt of!

Sep 17, 2021 - Senior Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career Progression, Earning potential, Personal Development, Professional Development, The Benefits, Flexible Working, The People and The Opportunities

Cons

Recruitment is a tough world when you start, and it can take some time to get to grips with the job. When I joined (almost 14 years ago) the training and development was no where near as thorough or engaging as it is now. In the present day, the training is outstanding, the development is ongoing at all levels.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,791 Reviews