Palantir Economic Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Palantir Economic Solutions Interview Questions

Interviews at Palantir Economic Solutions

3.3

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Economic Solutions (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a two round interview process with different levels of management. Standard questions about university courses taken and past work experience. Question and answer discussion about the company and position.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Economic Solutions (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Starts off with a HR round, then an Excel based test, followed by face to face or VC calls with your Managers. In some cases an IQ test is also taken

Interview Questions

• HR: Very general round. Has the usual questions
      Excel based test: To replicate the working of a DCF model
      Face to face or VC: Deep drill on your past work experience and on the current role   Answer Question

Architect and Team Lead C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Economic Solutions (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2017.

Interview

First Round - The HR would do an assessment over the phone - . The second round would be face to face - 45 mins aptitude test + 120 minutes - Technical interview (whiteboard discussion, Q&A, Code Analysis) Generally they will ask like 4 hours to be blocked for interview which is time consuming. It is draining and time consuming for sure. Half day will be gone.

Interview Questions

• Agile / Scrum, Web APIs, Design Patterns, Task Parallel Library   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Economic Solutions (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by two in person interviews, each with two different members of the team, including an aptitude test. The test wasn't particularly job-related, it was IQ test kinda stuff -- pattern and sequence recognition. Straightforward enough. Made it to the final round of interviews before ultimately not getting the position. They were open with me through the whole process and gave me more info about the final decision than most companies would. Good guys.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker/boss? Describe what it was and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Economic Solutions (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Too many tests if you have a real time and patience attend this interview!!! Expectations are too high from candidate manual,automation, security & Performance testing. I don't know how much salary they pay. If a candidate is sound and technical in all these areas definitely he/she will go for only contract roles in current boom UK job market situation.

1.HR telephonic screening
    2.Technical telephonic interview
    3.Three online aptitude tests
    4. Assignment writing test cases.
    5.More than an hour face to face interview.
    6.Database numerical calculation test.
    7. Writing defect summary test.
    8.Writing Automation test for reading and writing comparing spreadsheet data.

Interview Questions

• 1.Past experience
      2.Agile
      3.Automation
      4.Defect managment.
      5.Estimation   1 Answer

Palantir Economic Solutions Response

13 Jul 2016 – HR & Recruitment

We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the interview process with us. At Palantir we do have high expectations of our candidates, as we want to ensure we hire people who will be able to succeed in their roles and who we can help to grow long term. We also don't want anyone to leave for Palantir if the technical fit is not right. We do have many permanent employees who are technically sound in the areas you mentioned, but who prefer to focus on their long term career and skillset developments, as opposed to the short term wins of the contracting market. As part of the initial telephone screening process we always ask a candidate their salary expectations and explain that an offer is made based on their expectations, technical skills and internal salary bands. Unfortunately we don't think it is realistic to offer a candidate a salary at the start of the process when we haven't yet explored their technical skillsets. Thank you for your feedback, and we wish you the best of luck with your job search.

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Economic Solutions.

Interview

Had an interview there. The HR person was so unprofessional, however everyone else was really helpful.

Stage 1:
        Two telephone interviews.
    Stage 2:
        An assignment, 2 aptitude tests - maths & diagram matching.
    Stage 3:
        Face to face interview - 3 hours long.

HR manager informed me Stage 3 would consist of just two interviews, however the day consisted of 3 tests (which he failed to mention) and 3 long interviews.

- There were two non numerical and numerical test
    - Interview by the QA Manager
    - Interview by Development Manager
    - Interview by one of the Firms Partners.

Afterwards, I waited a month without hearing from them, before I contacted them myself, to find out what had happened in relation to my application.

Interview Questions

• Interview Questions by QA Manager

- How would I find a file in a large group of files.
          - Analyse a diagram with 3 client terminals port, SQL server and .net server. State what types of
             testing you needed to carry out - talk about security, functional , non functional , stress, load, installation etc. testing   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Economic Solutions (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Interview process was smooth and went really quickly.. I had about four interviews, a couple were with the team in London. Throughout the process I was well informed about what would happen next, and also I was able to learn more about the corporate culture of the place. All in all a good experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked conveying technical information to a nontechnical audience.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Economic Solutions (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was initially contacted by Hiring Manager who managed the entire process from start to finish. She was responsible for screening, coordinating, checking references and drafting up the offer. The entire process was very quick and communication was strong.
    There were three interviews in total, each were a positive experience. I had to conduct an aptitude test which i found pretty difficult. It focuses on different topics.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made that was a failure. What happened and why?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I found this a great interview process and all parties involved were extremely professional. There were three interviews in total, the first being a phone interview. The initial interview gave me an opportunity to find out more about the company and opportunity, which was great. I found everyone was extremely friendly and happy to be working for Palantir - which is a good sign!

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Economic Solutions.

Interview

The Recruitment Manager responded quickly to my application and set up an initial phone call to know more about my background. It was then followed by aptitude tests and an excel exercise. All went smoothly. Since then I haven't heard anything from the recruitment manager again. Followed up but no response. I do not think this is a very professional way of dealing with applicants. The Palantir hiring team should probably be more involved in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.