Palo Alto Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Palo Alto Networks Interview Questions

Interviews at Palo Alto Networks

2.9

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One round with the Hiring manager followed by 4 rounds with the team involving coding in each round, some firewall network-related questions, firmware management, platform upgrade, questions from past experience

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

I did interview for Technical Marketing Engineer with 2 separate teams, in 2 separate times.

Initially I got approached by recruiter and had phone screenings with hiring manager and asked some behavioural and technical questions and then they asked for the on-site interview. Most of them went smoothly and well and I was able to answer most of the questions. After few days, instead of giving me the feedback, they told the team is not able to make their decision and want me to go and do research about their product from publicly available information and give them report. I spent a lot of time doing the research and study their competitors and provided the report and at the end, I didn't get the offer.

Second time, I was approached by one of the hiring managers and he was interested to interview with me and he had a good experience in the fist on-site interview. I went through all the processes and went to on-site interview. But the sad thing was that they never get back to me after the on-site interview. I did great in the on-site and I talked to 5 people.

This company is not respectful of the people's time and after that much of the time I spent with their interviews, they didn't bother to tell me any feedback. I contacted the recruiter and hiring manager many times and still no response.

overall: don't waste your time with them

Interview Questions

• A network scenario where a host was having all kinds of difficulty connecting to some of the hosts in the network.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks.

Interview

It was just like all other interviews. Code tear comes first, then some question about computer systems. My position requires C programming, so there were some questions related to pointers.

Staff Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Had a HR call and scheduled an interview with the Director, job requirements matched the experience and skill-set. scheduled a 5 panel interview for one full-day. Was not able to make a connection with 3/5 interviewers, lots communication gaps and knowledge variance. I felt I wouldn't have a chance though my resume and experience is close enough to the job requirement. I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you type a URL in the browser and press enter?SSL Handshake, Leetcode (Medium, Easy ) questions.   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone interview and virtual onsite was good but I got ghosted by the recruiter. I asked for the result 3-4 times but no answer. I spent several hours with the company for the interview but the recruiter cannot spend one minute email that I am not considered. ??? Seriously???

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in May 2020.

Interview

They no-showed after a couple of rescheduled manager calls. No email with an explanation. It's still amazing that this happens with professional organizations. Everyone is busy. Respect the time.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Plano, TX (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I had an extremely difficult time understanding all the interviewers. every single one of them was Indian(5 total) with an accent which suggested that they were not from America, which s fine, but I was forced to ask them to repeat themselves several times. After the 2nd or 3rd time I got embarrassed and tried to "wing" the answer to their questions without all the information. Needless to say I didn't do very well. I felt like if I was hired that id be the token white guy in the office.

Interview Questions

• explain trceroute., explain tcp/SSL handshake process, define the makeup of a PDU, explain the OSI model, basic troubleshooting scenario   2 Answers

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks.

Interview

Was reached out to for an initial interview, then told to follow-up if I hadn’t heard back and when I did there was no response. A week later the same recruiter reached out with a canned message and said to disregard. It absolutely gave me a negative view of the company after already seeing negative feedback on Glassdoor from current/past employees.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

First round with Recruiter then he came back to me after 3 weeks the hiring manager was busy and he want to schedule an interview. The hiring manager seems to be useless guy he is very and he don't know what is is asking all stupid questions.

Interview Questions

• Trunk vs featured branch which is best. I think he know only this thing he might be good fit for source control admin. I don't know how he ended up in that position.Waste of time.   Answer Question

Strategic Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The team looks good on paper, but was a letdown in person. Individuals on the team are clearly going through growing pains, transitioning from banking/pe and learning to adapt to the corporate & tech environment. Overall just not the level of experience you would expect for mid-level professionals at a public software company. Very disappointed.

The company is going through some product pivots and I just could not help but feel that these guys had no idea what they were doing, and were using these interviews as a way to “get smart” and gather free consulting work / guidance. They are in dire need of someone with subscription software and new product experience.

Onsite questions were very off-base, to the point where one would think they had no idea what role they were screening for. It is more likely that they simply did not have much experience interviewing for corporate roles. They were looking for an experienced finance hire with 8-12 years of relevant experience, yet were asking high school math questions (literally).

Overall, was a very long process that dragged on for several months. Included multiple excel modeling, ppt deck building, pitching/storytelling, and case study exercises (all of which were completely ambiguous and seemed to address actual problems the company is currently facing. I repeatedly had to take initiative to follow-up with the recruiters because they were very poor at setting expectations and keeping promises. They rescheduled on me several times, and when I finally came onsite, one of the VPs seemed to be under the impression that I was the one requesting re-schedules. Everything just felt off throughout the process. Lastly, the majority of the people I met were incredibly rude and hostile.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.