Paul Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Paul Smith Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jun 2018

3.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paul Smith (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview was for a sales position in the Soho store. It was a group interview with 3 candidates and the interviewer was very off putting and yawned throughout the whole interview, frequently cutting the answers of the candidates off and giving their own interpretation as to what they deemed was the correct answer. This derailed the interview as it happened multiple times. There was a feeling of disconnect and disinterested from the interviewer. It was made clear that the sales associate would be fired if couldn't make the monthly sales goals. The entire interview felt phoned in by management as they were looking to fill the positions before the vacation season.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a customer and a client.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paul Smith (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Questions asked areWhat is FMLA, Have you ever trained for OSHA, Have you performance managed and how? walk me through your resume, What questions are you not allowed to ask a candidate?

Interview Questions

• Phone screen was not intense. However in person interview with Manager is intense. Testing your overall knowledge and looking for a particular response.

What is FMLA, Have you ever trained for OSHA, Have you performance managed and how? walk me through your resume, What questions are you not allowed to ask a candidate?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Only had one interview that was with the store manager. Depending on the time of year the interview takes place you may have to follow up as the communication was a little off. But nonetheless it's not a long drawn out process, very straightforward in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Just your typical retail interview questions   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paul Smith (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting company. Paul Smith uses recruiters when filling management positions. After working with the recruiter and submitting a resume I had an interview with the person in charge of all US retail. I then had a final interview with the head of all of retail from London. The interview process was very intense.

Interview Questions

• You need to make sure that you do your homework about the company. They like to ask a lot of questions about the company to see how much you know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes i negotiated through the recruiter and got what I was looking for.

Retail Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paul Smith (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in April 2018.

Interview

By phone. I got called by HR. Was told that they were interested in me for different management positions. But that they had to do a phone screening to rule some things out. The conversation on the phone took not more than 5 minutes and one of the vital questions for them was my salary expectations. I didn't get an offer for any of the positions they were initially interested in. I never heard back from them after the phone call.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paul Smith (London, England).

Interview

Two interviews, both went swimmingly well. First was with their recruitment team then another with the store manager, after passing the first interview.

Everyone at Paul Smith seem to embody Paul's idea, vision as well as manners. Very nice, charming people.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paul Smith (London, England).

Interview

Applied via an agency and invited for an initial interview in there office in London. Met with the interviewer who discussed the role and asked about my work experiences but throughout the interview was yawning - very unprofessional and off putting! Asked no questions about what i knew about brand and why I wanted to work for them. Very much a brand who judge on first impressions!

Regional Franchise Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paul Smith (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Face to face meeting in London following an application process through their website. I had an interview with the franchise manager and a HR rep, i was advised the next stage would involve preparing a business plan and this would be presented to the franchise manager and head of the franchise.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous experience with the brand and in the textile industry, what skills I had that I felt would be transferable.   Answer Question

Assistant Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paul Smith (Nottingham, England) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewers where really friendly and welcoming. They were quick to respond and very organised. My interview with three members of staff lasted a little over 1 hour and I was required to do a 15 minute Microsoft excel test.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paul Smith (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewer asks how you envision your role in the company and whether you see yourself doing this in the future. It is a one on one interview and is easy.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in this role given what we have discussed?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.