Paul Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 13 Aug 2018

3.2

Sort:

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paul Smith (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting company. Paul Smith uses recruiters when filling management positions. After working with the recruiter and submitting a resume I had an interview with the person in charge of all US retail. I then had a final interview with the head of all of retail from London. The interview process was very intense.

Interview Questions

• You need to make sure that you do your homework about the company. They like to ask a lot of questions about the company to see how much you know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes i negotiated through the recruiter and got what I was looking for.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paul Smith (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Questions asked areWhat is FMLA, Have you ever trained for OSHA, Have you performance managed and how? walk me through your resume, What questions are you not allowed to ask a candidate?

Interview Questions

• Phone screen was not intense. However in person interview with Manager is intense. Testing your overall knowledge and looking for a particular response.

What is FMLA, Have you ever trained for OSHA, Have you performance managed and how? walk me through your resume, What questions are you not allowed to ask a candidate?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Only had one interview that was with the store manager. Depending on the time of year the interview takes place you may have to follow up as the communication was a little off. But nonetheless it's not a long drawn out process, very straightforward in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Just your typical retail interview questions   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paul Smith (London, England) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position through the main company website, submitting a covering letter and CV. A few weeks later I had an e-mail to confirm an interview date and time.

The whole process was rather robotic and very sterile, your covering letter had to contain certain information or it would be ignored.
    You also had to bring all evidence of degree certificates, A Levels, GCSE's your passport that HAD to be brought along to the interview.
    The interview felt very intimidating for a company that is meant to be quite unique and felt more like an interrogation. Of course the point of an interview is to get to know you and your background...but they wanted to know everything...and I mean everything... from what you studied at university, why you studied it, what jobs you held (This I expect but EVERY job). Why you left a company (I was even asked " Do you think you were right to leave a position after 14 months? Do you think you had enough?" ), and even wanted to know positions that were not relevant to the role ( I had to explain that I took on a sales position after university).

Prior to the interview, they made sure (nature of the role) that there was a definite round 2 but they requested that you had to have it available. Which seemed rather unnecessary as I had booked that day off in anticipation of the 2nd round. It would have made more sense to let you know of the date for the 2nd round if you were successful after passing the 1st stage.

Regardless of whether I was successful or not, the whole process left me feeling drained for a position that was an assistant and felt more like they were recruiting for some senior position. This either indicates that they want the best of the best or they were made their decision based on my appearance and decided to be difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a period where you could not meet a deadline and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • What in terms of visual merchandising did you introduce into your prior position?   Answer Question
    • Why did you study **** at university?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where a commercial decision you made impacted on sales   Answer Question
    • Why Paul Smith?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paul Smith (Nottingham, England) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online with CV, then had 2 interviews.
    Very traditional interview and questions a bit sterile.
    They do a check on previous employers even though you may have been with the last company 10+ years, also be prepared to find out all of you certificates from school / college regardless of when you left.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paul Smith (London, England).

Interview

Applied via an agency and invited for an initial interview in there office in London. Met with the interviewer who discussed the role and asked about my work experiences but throughout the interview was yawning - very unprofessional and off putting! Asked no questions about what i knew about brand and why I wanted to work for them. Very much a brand who judge on first impressions!

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paul Smith (Brighton, England) in January 2011.

Interview

1 interview with hiring manager and assistant
    Had to do a mathematical working out for holiday pay of a employee
    Had panel of questions from HR officer and her assistant
    From applying to learning about interview took 4 weeks, which was really long.
    They phoned day before to ask for interview
    Whole thing seemed very rushed and organised.

Assistant Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paul Smith (Nottingham, England) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewers where really friendly and welcoming. They were quick to respond and very organised. My interview with three members of staff lasted a little over 1 hour and I was required to do a 15 minute Microsoft excel test.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paul Smith (London, England).

Interview

Two interviews, both went swimmingly well. First was with their recruitment team then another with the store manager, after passing the first interview.

Everyone at Paul Smith seem to embody Paul's idea, vision as well as manners. Very nice, charming people.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paul Smith.

Interview

Emailed from website.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.