Peninsula Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Peninsula

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2020.

Interview

I had a telephone interview and was told told at the end they would be in touch in 7-10 days to discuss how it went and possible next stages. Received nothing. After 3 weeks Contacted the HR representative who I had the telephone interview to ask if there was any update and the email was ignored. Don’t waste your time with this one

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula.

Interview

Peninsula aren't a trustworthy company. When we arrived they had a big presentation about the fact that Peninsula was a great place to work, but one month before the job was due to start (so after I'd already told my employer I was leaving.) They cancelled the entire graduate marketing scheme. Putting myself and four others out of a job. I turned down other job offers to take the job at Peninsula. Luckily I was offered another grad scheme but it meant I needed to wait almost a year for it to start. Despite this their CEO takes any chance he gets to talk about what a great company for graduates they are.

Actual interview was okay, presentation followed by a couple of group tasks and a face-to-face interview.

Digital Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by one of Peninsula's internal recruitment specialists for a phone interview in March. I was asked to send my resume and availability and received a response to confirm our interview time. The recruiter did not call for the interview, which was scheduled just one day after the initial reach out. I emailed to check if we were still on for our scheduled interview but received no answer.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula.

Interview

Apply online, received an email to book a phone call. Received another email to reschedule the phone call, received another email to reschedule again. As my time was not valued, I retracted my application

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blackrock, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Peninsula (Blackrock, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

In house recruiter arranged phone screening for 9am. Never called, so knowing how busy we all are, I sent an email. Recruiter ignored the fact that she did not call me and just answered that she do not have a time for call now, this was 3pm. Finally she called, one week later, saying this is a 5min call and can I go trough my CV and my experience, 2 min into the call, when I was talking what systems I use when dealing with cases, she cuts me off and says “well in this role we deal over the phone, with queries, I will let you know if you passed to the next round”.Never heard from anybody again!! I did not even get a chance to say “oh yes, I do that too”. It is
    unbelievable, that company who pride themselves for providing the best client service, have recruiters behaving this way. Are they not representing company too?

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2019.

Interview

The HR Assistant emailed me requesting to book a phone interview after applying online through the Indeed website. 15 minutes after the phone interview I received an email inviting me for an in-person interview at Peninsula's office. On the day of the interview I arrived early, and they hold me there for almost an hour and a half. First, we went through the interview and then simulation tests. At the end of the interview, they asked me to send to their HR Assistant two or three work references and that they would get back to me within 1 or 2 days with a response. As requested, I gave them my contact references and they never emailed me back or responded to me regarding my interview process. They basically ignored me and probably moved forward with other people's processes. Very disrespectful and without any consideration.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Business Team Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2019.

Interview

Quick process, consisting of initional phone screening then a face to face interview. Standard interview questions about resume and behavioural questions. Face to face interview followed by a role play sales call.

Employment Solicitor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Initial telephone consultation followed by an interview a week later which lasted almost 2 hours. Interview process was very in-depth, lots of aptitude questions. Also involved shadowing a staff member for 20 mins after the interview.
    The 2 interviewers were very nice & easy to converse with. I felt very confident leaving the interview but surprised I was turned down, but overall seemed like a friendly place, more of a call centre set up than a traditional law firm.

BDM - Alberta Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2019.

Interview

No questions asked, just told you about job, they seem to just hire everyone and then fire them. I SUGGEST YOU DON'T TRUST THIS COMPANY in any way whatsoever, so help you God.

Interview Questions

• When can you start to work at our ridiculous company?   1 Answer

Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peninsula (London, England).

Interview

Quick phone interview and then assessment centre. I was disrespected during the assessment centre by one of the recruiters, I already knew she was not even considering me if she had audacity to act the way she did. Also, to save money, they announced who they picked foe 1 on 1 interviews and the ones who got rejected had to take lift back to the first floor. One of the most awkward days of my life.

Interview Questions

• Motivation for applying and similar. During AC we had to talk about ourselves and do group tasks. Last task was elevator pitch.   Answer Question

Peninsula Response

20 Jun 2019 – Employee Engagement Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on your recent interview with Peninsula. We're disappointed to read you were not happy with the process. Our last graduate interviews in London was April 2019 we'd like to hear back from you with more information so we can look into the concerns you've raised. Please contact us on Feedback@peninsula-uk.com, thank you.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.