Peninsula Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Peninsula

2.9

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England).

Interview

Really straightforward process. I applied online and received an email and phone call the following day. Went through loads of info on the phone and then Lisa arranged for me to have a video meeting. She even text me before the interview to say good luck! She was so nice and helpful! The Team Leader was great as well. Really explained the role in loads of detail and role play was tough but fair.

Interview Questions

• How you would handle a bad day in the office?   1 Answer

Senior Employment Law Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England) in October 2020.

Interview

I applied through an agency, successfully secured an interview and then attended a competency based interview. Upon completion of the interview I then discussed my thoughts with the agency and awaited the feedback from Peninsula. I was then called on my birthday with a job offer. Couldn't have asked for a better birthday present!

Interview Questions

• Basic competency based questions and also up to date employment law questions   Answer Question

HR Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula.

Interview

The initial interview was a brief telephone interview, after which I was invited to attend an Assessment Day.

The assessment day was very pleasant and I found the recruiting team members to be very friendly and approachable.

Initially we had to give a brief introduction in front of the group, before we were split into groups for tasks with a flip chart.

Following another brief individual chance to speak to the group and present ourselves to the panel, we were given a lovely lunch while the recruiters decided who was to be selected for the final interview stage. Those who were not selected then were free to go home.

Employment Law Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Peninsula (Manchester, England) in August 2020.

Interview

The process was very quick and efficient, I had a very positive experience with everyone I interacted with. I applied online, was quickly invited to an interview, the process was explained clearly, and I attended one interview. The interview was with a team lead and a training manager, who asked a mix of questions about my career history, suitability for the role, and employment law knowledge and application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are suited for this role?
      What is the current rate of SPP?
      What is the definition of disability discrimination?
      Explain the furlough rules
      Senario: A client calls and says he has an employee who has been absent for 6 months, asking what he can and should do.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula in July 2020.

Interview

Recruiter late for both interviews and didn't follow up on second interview or respond even when emailed. Couldn't back up negative claims on Glassdoor or discuss diversity at length except that there are a lot of women at the company. Said reviews were bitter sales employees terminated due to COVID.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2020.

Interview

I had a telephone interview and was told told at the end they would be in touch in 7-10 days to discuss how it went and possible next stages. Received nothing. After 3 weeks Contacted the HR representative who I had the telephone interview to ask if there was any update and the email was ignored. Don’t waste your time with this one

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peninsula in April 2020.

Interview

Interview was really relaxed and all managers were really open and friendly. The interview consisted of the usual career history, experience, qualifications, overview of Peninsula and there was a competency based employment law section as well as a section related to the specifics of the job role

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula.

Interview

Peninsula aren't a trustworthy company. When we arrived they had a big presentation about the fact that Peninsula was a great place to work, but one month before the job was due to start (so after I'd already told my employer I was leaving.) They cancelled the entire graduate marketing scheme. Putting myself and four others out of a job. I turned down other job offers to take the job at Peninsula. Luckily I was offered another grad scheme but it meant I needed to wait almost a year for it to start. Despite this their CEO takes any chance he gets to talk about what a great company for graduates they are.

Actual interview was okay, presentation followed by a couple of group tasks and a face-to-face interview.

Digital Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by one of Peninsula's internal recruitment specialists for a phone interview in March. I was asked to send my resume and availability and received a response to confirm our interview time. The recruiter did not call for the interview, which was scheduled just one day after the initial reach out. I emailed to check if we were still on for our scheduled interview but received no answer.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peninsula.

Interview

Apply online, received an email to book a phone call. Received another email to reschedule the phone call, received another email to reschedule again. As my time was not valued, I retracted my application

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.