Peninsula Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 23 May 2017

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • The range of training and development opportunities really is second to none (in 17 reviews)

• Training and development is second to none and is continuous (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a fast paced environment which rewards hard work therefore if you don't want to stretch yourself it won't be the place for you (in 24 reviews)

• There is no cons I could think of (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"8 Years with Peninsula - Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Head of Legal and Advisory Services in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working with Peninsula for just over 8 years now and it has been fantastic. Love the people I work with, love the training, love the opportunities, and love the role.

I posted a review about 1.5 years ago noting that virtually everyone in a managerial role had progressed internally and this remains the case. The Business Manager at that time has now relocated to our Manchester Office and the Irish Operation is now being led by two senior managers who started in entry level positions. This is fantastic to see and emphasises the focus on developing talent from within.

The introduction of the Graduate Training Programme was a great development. We are now training the next generation of HR talent and it was great that the programme was nominated by Grad Ireland for the Best Specialist Graduate Programme after just one year!

Cons

Staff attrition has fluctuated up and down over my first 4 or 5 years here. However, it is great to see over the last few years that staff retention has been very good.

Advice to Management

Keep the great work up in terms of staff retention initiatives. This has had a great impact over the last few years and has fostered a great atmosphere and collegiate environment in the office.

23 May 2017 – Directors Office

Fantastic feedback! We really appreciate the time you've taken to write your review, its always pleasing to read about an employees progression within the business and we're super excited for the ... More

2. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Employment Law Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Employment Law Consultant in London, England

Pros

Personal development and training at peninsula are great. Being such a large company there are good opportunities for career development.

Cons

i am field based so the only con really is that you miss out on the social aspect of working in an office with your colleagues, however we do get to each other throughout the year.

23 May 2017 – Directors Office

We do invite all our field based employees to as many of our social events as we can, however, we do know that geographically sometimes it's not possible. We really appreciate your feedback. Kind ... More

3. "Work, Reward, Repeat!"

Current Employee - Senior Employment Law Consultant in Harrogate, England
    Current Employee - Senior Employment Law Consultant in Harrogate, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for a Company where I can receive Commission - and I'm not in a sales role! I am a HR professional and last month alone I received over £1000 just by doing my job well and asking the question to my members "Do you know anyone else that might like an Introduction to Peninsula" and boom Sales team do the rest.
    I trust every department and know their team will do everything they can to ensure the members are happy so if I come across a member that has an issue, I know it will be picked up and rectified ASAP which makes life so much easier and makes the members happy!
    I have a Manager and department that care greatly about personal development and I have a clear path to achieve progression.

Cons

The quality of work expected is of a very high standard so you must want to strive for excellence, and have a good attention for detail.

23 May 2017 – Directors Office

We need to know what your secret techniques are for getting those introductions! We really appreciate your feedback and we're delighted with how much you love working here. Thank you. Kind ... More

5. "Employment Field Consultant"

Current Employee - Employment Field Consultant in Bredgar, England
    Current Employee - Employment Field Consultant in Bredgar, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A very rewarding job with fantastic opportunities to increase and develop your HR knowledge and experience. Training and expert information sharing is second to none - and a Company that is a market leader in providing HR advice and support. It's the best job I've had allowing me to meet so many different people and help businesses with their HR matters. Peninsula have encouraged me to grow and have supported me in my own trading.
    Employment Consultancy is a great team of people and I am proud to be part of it.

Cons

I can't think of any cons, I guess the only one for me would be time management and stopping yourself working because the job is a bit addictive!

23 May 2017 – Directors Office

We really appreciate the time you've taken to write your thoughts of working here at Peninsula. We're so pleased to read ow much you love working here and we'd like to say a big 'Thank You' Kind ... More

6. "Long Serving Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Pros

I have worked at Peninsula for over 17 years, starting my working career here as a teenager. The business has grown considerably and over the years I have progressed from an admin role to a manager's role. I have had the opportunity of training throughout my employment here and I am currently working towards an NVQ in Management. Peninsula give fantastic opportunities to those that want it and offer training and progression if you're willing to put in the hard work.

Cons

None spring to mind. If you're looking to work for a company that's fast paced and dynamic then this is the company for you!!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

8 May 2017 – Employee Engagement Manager

We pride ourselves on providing opportunities to those who want it. Many of ur senior managers and directors have progressed from trainees, it's a core value here at the Peninsula Group. We hope to ... More

7. "Health & Safety"

Current Employee - H&S Manager in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - H&S Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial business, keeps growing, very ambitious and fast paced.
    Varied work and lots of experienced Consultants.

Cons

Pace and workload won't suit everyone.

Advice to Management

Enhance absence policy.
    More consideration for field based staff with engagement initiatives.

8 May 2017 – Employee Engagement Manager

We appreciate the time you've taken to write your review on Glassdoor. We make time to read each one and all improvements are discussed. Thank you again. Kind Regards, Arnold

8. "Health and Safety Department"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of the biggest strengths within the health and safety department is its ability to develop its employees and provide multiple opportunities for career progression, leading to long serving competent health and safety Consultants. The backbone to this being the expertise of our fully qualified area Health and Safety Consultants that work in partnership with our Members to ensure they receive a first class health and safety service. Great job working with great people that make a difference to our members health and safety culture.

Cons

No major cons, but a review of sick pay entitlements would further enhance the business glowing repetition.

8 May 2017 – Employee Engagement Manager

Our Health and Safety service and support is unrivalled in the market and a key USP. We're delighted to read your review Than you. Kind Regards, Arnold

9. "honest review"

Current Employee - BST in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - BST in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

bonus structure, holiday entitlement, healthcare, pension, end of year giveaway/overseas trip, MD in the office more often than not, dedication and inspirational. You get out what you put in.

Cons

could be a bit more relaxed on lateness/sickness

Advice to Management

look after long serving staff the same as new employees

23 May 2017 – Directors Office

Our employee's wellbeing is essential to us and by making sure lateness or sickness isn't the direct result of anything we can provide support with is why we monitor these. Thanks for taking the time ... More

10. "Good overall but can be difficult"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

City centre location which is very easy to get to. If you work hard you can be rewarded.

Cons

You do have to work extremely hard which does sometimes shock people who aren't used to it.

Advice to Management

Recognise your current staff as turnover can sometimes be quite high.

23 May 2017 – Directors Office

We expect the same levels of work from every one of our employees, that's why we're the market leader. Our employee turnover is actually very low but new recruits are increasing as we grow as a ... More

11. "When you have a good manager..."

Current Employee - Human Resources Documentation Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are many good reasons:
    1. The benefits; pension, health insurance, annual leave (in T&Cs), not to mention the Christmas bonus, profit share, TFI Fridays and the breakfasts every Monday.
    2. When you are in a team with a good manager it makes all the difference - you can tell they care.
    3. The training is second to none.
    4. The support you receive when you want to improve your qualifications etc is also brilliant.
    5. The recent introduction of core hours meaning we can have weeks where we are leaving at 4.30 is a welcome benefit (and will be especially good in winter).

Cons

(Con is a strong word) The only thing I would say is probably the pressure to get things done but you get that in any job. If you didn't how could you improve on the last quarter/last year etc? The benefits far outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Reward the good managers otherwise they'll end up leaving.

23 May 2017 – Directors Office

We are always looking to improve as a business and will never settle for standing still. We're pleased you have found recent changes to core hours a worthwhile change, this improvement has come ... More