Peninsula Reviews

Found 997 of over 1,011 reviews

4.1
Peninsula Managing Director Peter Done
Peter Done
Pros
  • "HR Documentation Consultant is a brilliant job for a graduate looking to make their first teams in the Employment Law business(in 51 reviews)

• "pay system promotes hard work and commission opportunities are exciting(in 48 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Fast paced so need always need to keep up to date across all industries but thats what makes the role interesting(in 43 reviews)

• "Unless you're the sort of person who doesn't want to work hard (but you will reap the rewards from your hard work)(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

So many opportunities & fantastic development

Jul 23, 2021 - Employment Law Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive manager & team Regular 121 meetings Organised training plan Great exposure to variety of day to day queries

Cons

No cons since starting job

Peninsula Response

Good Afternoon, thanks for your great review! We're very glad to hear you're having such a good experience with Peninsula - this is the culture that we stand for and we're happy that you're a part of it. Kind regards, Sam.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A fantastic place to work, challenging, excellent for personal growth and very rewarding.

May 26, 2021 - Health and Safety Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with Peninsula over a year now as a consultant in the South East and have very much enjoyed my time here, the company helped me to achieve my qualifications required for graduate IOSH membership and I am now working on my next development phase. No two days are same as a consultant and you get exposed to a good variety of environments and meet some incredible people on the journey. As a place to work the company are very inclusive and hard work is rewarded which is very encouraging, their is a clear path for progression as a consultant with goals and objectives that are reasonable to achieve. The company are also looking at ways to improve itself and how it delivers its service such as improving the reporting systems we have. If you are thinking of applying for a role at Peninsula then my advice would be to do it.

Cons

One of my previous observations is that the sharing of knowledge between departments is not where it should be, however in recent months I have noticed a big improvement in the internal communications which is fantastic.

Peninsula Response

Good afternoon, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We will pass on your thanks to the senior team! Kind regards, Sarah

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company to work for

May 26, 2021 - Health & Safety/SafeCheck Consultant in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working in the health and safety/safecheck team l have found the following: - Great team to work with and very supportive (a lot of the team are field based however you always feel there is always someone a phone call away if you have an issue or problem which is great). - There are plenty a avenues to earn commission, l believe this is the most rewarding company i've worked for financially because they really do reward employees for the hard work and hours they put in. - Communication with management is great, you feel like a valued member of the team and they are always on hand to motivate you to bring the best out of you. - Personal development programmes i.e health & safety programmes

Cons

The workload can be a lot sometimes but this is due to the number of clients we service, but l will say that management are great in helping you manage your work load and time whether that is tips/advice or adding more admin time (where necessary). So there support is there, you just need to ask.

Peninsula Response

Good morning, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback on your role. It's great to hear you're getting the support you need to continue to succeed and we wish you all the best in your career! Kind regards, Sarah.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Never a dull moment.

Apr 30, 2021 - Team Leader in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been employed with Peninsula for just over six years and I can honestly say that I have never been bored! The variety of the work, the constant training and development, the changing landscape of employment law and the fact that as a company we never stand still or rest on our laurels has made the last 6 years fly past. I have worked with some of the best people in my career at Peninsula and I appreciate the openness and frankness of my colleagues. There is a genuinely supportive feeling within the teams where people help colleagues because they want to and not for brownie points or because they have been instructed to. The feedback from our clients is a great aspect of the job as they are genuinely grateful for the support and not shy about expressing their feelings. I would highly recommend a career in Peninsula for anyone who likes to be mentally stimulated, loves a bit of hard work and appreciates a job well done.

Cons

The variety and level of mental challenge on a day to day basis can be extremely rewarding but can also bring out insecurities and can be challenging for people to adapt to. Sometimes reaching the standards required can take a bit of time, faith, confidence and hard work. Be prepared to work for any changes you need to make and enjoy the benefits after!

Client Engagement Specialist

Good afternoon, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback about your time with us, we're really pleased to hear you're enjoying it and we wish you all the best in your career! Kind regards, Sarah

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

A Great Company

Jul 19, 2021 - Senior Employment Law Adviser in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for Peninsula for 7 years. Seen a lot of changes as the business has grown and expanded. The pay is excellent, potential to earn very bonuses. Benefits good, I got BUPA now. If you chose, good career progression, CIPD qualifications to be had. Well looked after, well supported.

Cons

We work can be pressured and hectic.

Peninsula Response

Thanks for your review, it's great to hear you're having a positive experience with us! We're also glad to hear that you're well looked after and supported, this is the standard of colleague care that we always strive for at Peninsula! Kind regards, Sam

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Company, Hard work but Enriching experience

Jun 16, 2021 - Employment Law Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training, Excellent management, Good salary, Great cross office working, Very well oiled machine, Great exposure to senior management, fantastic communication tools available across the organisation, great opportunities to increase salary through referral. Would absolutely recommend this Company to anyone wanting a career in HR. The training is amazing and the money is fantastic. Very accommodating management as well if any queries come up. Want to highlight Ceire Watson in the Belfast office as being absolutely fantastic in her management role. Extremely supportive and encouraging to me and a credit to the Peninsula team.

Cons

Very fast paced which at times can cause stress. Multiple and moving targets which feel hard to meet. A lot of demands placed on advisors. Culture of working towards the weekend 'nearly friday' attitude.

Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at Peninsula Northern Ireland and that you felt supported by your team. We wish you success in the future.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Avoid like covid

Jul 21, 2021 - Business Sales in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will learn alot about health and safety and employment law.

Cons

Stand the whole day 30min lunch and smoking break and you have to make it down 6 flights of stairs to smoke and then eat lunch. Management are terrible and will openly shout at you or belittle you infront of the whole floor. The sales director is even worse and likes to make you think you are a worthless piece of $@@t. They lie to you about having to pay for parking which could be as much as £17 a day.

4 people found this review helpful

Peninsula Response

We're sorry to hear about your experience, it's not one we recognise and we're disappointed to hear that you feel this way - it's certainly not the culture we have or stand for. We want all of our colleagues to have a positive experience with us, so we hope you'll consider talking with us in person about what we can going forwards to help. Kind regards, Sam.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best job in the World!

May 28, 2021 - HR- Consultant in Shrewsbury, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is by far the best job I have ever had! I get a real buzz coming to work each day! The work is interesting, stimulating and enthralling. It can be challenging at times, but extremely fulfilling! The management team are incredibly supportive, accessible and personable - they make you feel valued as a member of the team. Yes, its a commercial company, yes, there are KPIs and targets, but you are given all the help you need to achieve, and success is appreciated and celebrated. The benefits of working Peninsula are second to none - the holiday / pension / perks etc. package is good, they genuinely care about employees, and as they are the market leaders in the sector, it feels like a real privilege to be part of the Company. I've got 30 years in HR/employment law, worked in many different sectors for many different employers, but this is my favourite by far!

Cons

None - I really didn't know work could be so much fun until I started this job! Love it!

Peninsula Response

Thank you so much for your feedback and comments, it's lovely to read how much you're enjoying your role and working with the company. We wish you all the continued success in the future! Kind regards, Sarah.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Satisfaction Guaranteed!

May 28, 2021 - Human Resources Face2Face Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best part has been my colleagues and management, its been amazing to work with some of the most talented and nurturing professionals in the HR world whilst also receiving the much needed support, coaching and mentoring but also whilst having the pleasure of calling them colleagues and working with them day in and day out! Peninsula really look after their people and are always looking to promote within! The training is second to none, the investment in development, training and transfer of knowledge is one of the most important things in my HR career and the level and quality of the training and transfer of knowledge at Peninsula is unrivalled. Although not permanently based at an office location, I always feel involved with various catchups and video calls . The benefits are great! No day is the same and the variety of different clients keeps thing interesting!

Cons

Genuinely - I have never experienced any!

Peninsula Response

Good morning, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, it's fantastic to hear how much you're enjoying your role and we wish you all the best as you continue your journey with us! Kind regards, Sarah.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing team, great working environment, plenty of career progression options

Apr 30, 2021 - Paralegal in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The team, they are all so lovely to work with and are always so willing to help if you need it - The career progression options, as a big company there are so many options available to you in and out of the UK which is something I love and would definitely look to explore these options further in the future - Management, the seniors, office manager and the director are ALWAYS willing to help and support you where needed be it personal matters or work related matters - Commission, I personally have never seen a paralegal role where you can earn commission like you can here, there is a really good potential to earn a lot if you work hard - Office based, I hate working from home so massive pro in the current circumstances

Cons

- Work load, the work load is high, if you cannot work under pressure/to a high workload I would not say this job is for you. I personally love being busy so it is perfect for me. - Can sometimes be hard to maintain work/life balance

Client Engagement Specialist