Peninsula Reviews

Found 1,236 of over 1,255 reviews

4.2
Peninsula Managing Director Peter Done
Peter Done
Pros
  • "I've worked for Peninsula for 7 years(in 241 reviews)

• "Training and Development is next to none - You are supported in getting a level 9 CIPD award in Employment Law when you join(in 57 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No downsides to working at Peninsula(in 103 reviews)

• "Can sometimes be too fast paced(in 56 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Consulting

132 Comments

Consulting

388.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Peninsula~746949
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great development opportunities.

Jul 27, 2022 - Employment Law Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constant development. Lots of support available at all times. Leaders are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

Too many different KPI's to focus on, sometimes they seem to impact each other. Perhaps simplifying these to create a better balance.

Peninsula Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Senior Employment Law Consultant and, thank you for your 1 years’ service so far! It is great to hear that you really love working at Peninsula, and that you enjoy the constant development opportunities available to allow you to grow within the business. We're pleased to see that you feel well supported within your role and team so that you're able to provide a great service to our clients. However, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback in the negative section of the review. I will pass this onto the relevant people to consider. But if you do feel you may be struggling, we do encourage staff to discuss this with their line manager as we have an open-door policy where any issues can be discussed in confidence and additional support can be arranged. Alternatively, please feel free to email reviews@peninsula-uk.com if you have any further feedback or ideas for improvements you'd like to discuss! Keep up the great work. Have a great day!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Rewarding place of work in many ways

Jul 18, 2022 - Senior Employment Law Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are endless opportunities to deepen your knowledge base, to gain promotions & continuously develop. It is a challenging & fast paced place to work (which isn’t suited to some) but if you’re willing to work well you are rewarded in many ways. Given the working environment as consultant you still have the opportunities to carry a strong work/life balance in a big team whilst being able to Maintain client relations if you’re inclined to be well organised. Recently the organisation has invested more into their staff and communication has enhanced progress towards not only client satisfaction but also employee satisfaction too.

Cons

There isn’t a degree of flexibility with hours of work however respectfully for most consultants the way of work is based around a call centre set up and so reliability of online consultants is key to driving client demand. Perhaps the future of the group opens up more flexibility. The group can have a very old culture to change progress (whilst changes are happening now which is a plus - trust was impacted historically) , salary reviews aren’t well balanced and equal pay for internal existing staff isn’t balanced within todays competitive industries.

Peninsula Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Senior Employment Law Consultant and, thank you for your 6+ years’ service so far! It is great to hear that you really love working at Peninsula, and that you enjoy the training we provide giving every individual the opportunity to grow and develop within the business. The pace at Peninsula can be fast paced but we’re pleased to see that this is something you embrace within your role and enjoy the rewards linked to us recognising hard work. Having a work/life balance is important and, it makes us happy to read that even though your role can be demanding, you feel you have this well-balanced. As a business, we are constantly evolving and seeking ways to improve our working environment. We have been investing heavily into the wellbeing and enjoyment of staff in the workplace as we recognise that our people are what makes our business successful. Regarding your comments you have left in the negative section of your review, we have passed these onto the relevant seniors to review flexibility within the employment consultancy department. We do offer pay reviews throughout the year, but we would like to understand more why you feel these are not well balanced. We welcome all feedback, and if you could send us further feedback to reviews@peninsula-uk.com we would really appreciate it. We will of course keep engaging with our employee’s well-being as this our one of upmost priority’s. Keep up the great work. Have a great day!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Benefits, Supportive Employer

Jul 18, 2022 - HR- Consultant in Northampton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive employer with fantastic benefits who genuinely want their employees to succeed. I recently spent 4 days’ in the Lake District with my partner on the company as a reward for achieving great feedback from our clients. Great location, fabulous accommodation and a welcoming bottle of sparkly to greet us on arrival.

Cons

Working hours can be long when there is high demand especially in holiday periods.

Peninsula Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a HR-Consultant and, thank you for your 1 years’ service so far! It is great to hear that you really love working at Peninsula, and that you enjoy the training we provide giving every individual the opportunity to grow and develop within the business. It sounds like you had an amazing time at The Heanings Estate recently, we hope you felt nice and refreshed after your weekend. This incentive has been one of our most popular ones as it’s really easy to enter. Alike you said, all you need to get your name in with a chance is positive feedback from our clients! Regarding your comments you have left in the negative section of your review, we have passed these onto the relevant seniors to review working hours during seasonal times. We welcome all feedback, and if you would ever like to send in anything extra, please send this to reviews@peninsula-uk.com - we would really appreciate it. Keep up the great work. Have a great day!

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great people

Jul 29, 2022 - Senior Systems Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great bunch of people, company growth

Cons

Fat paced growth means that it can be disorganised at times

Peninsula Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 4-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Senior Systems Engineer, and thank you for your service so far! It is great to hear that you love working at Peninsula, and that you enjoy being around your colleagues as part of your team. We're pleased that you really enjoy the training we provide giving every individual the opportunity to grow and develop within the business. However, we do understand at Peninsula it can be fast-paced and this is why we do offer an open-door policy to discuss any concerns with your line manger so that additional support can be arranged if needed. Changes with structures can seem daunting but, we do what we feel will work best for the business to help us succeed in what we do. We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.com Keep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

You get back what you put in.

Jul 15, 2022 - Senior Employment Law Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Peninsula are more than willing to help you succeed if you are willing to put in the effort. There are amazing opportunities to gain official qualifications in employment law which they are so supportive with. They offering amazing support to ensure that you feel confident and comfortable to perform your role, whether this is from your direct manager or their super coaches. You always have someone there who will be happy to offer assistance. Also, who doesn't love to be treated, Peninsula always offer amazing perks to their staff just for doing their job well. At the moment there is a chance to win a paid weekend away and all you need to enter is a compliment. I can honestly say I have never worked for a company who puts so much effort into recognising their staff and making them feel important.

Cons

Unfortunately I cannot say anything that I am unhappy about because if I have any concerns they are addressed immediately and appropriately.

Peninsula Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula in a Senior Employment Law Consultant and, thank you for your 6+ years’ service so far! It is great to hear that you really love working at Peninsula, and that you enjoy the amazing opportunities we provide which allows, every individual the opportunity to grow and develop within the business - whether this be additional qualifications or personal growth. We're pleased to see that you feel well supported within your role which allows you to feel confident in what you do. Again, our internal training gives our employees the correct tools to be able to support teams and offer assistance when needed. Peninsula values its employees and therefore we run several incentives across group and within teams to reward good work. So, it's great to see you love the ones we currently offer! Our weekend away at The Heanings Estate has proven to be very popular! Thank you for saying that you cannot comment on any negative about working at Peninsula. This helps us understand what we do well. In Conclusion, we do welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.com Keep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Recognition, reward and work life balance at Peninsula's core

Jul 13, 2022 - Mid Management Position in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Peninsula have again recognised and rewarded me for my role within it's advisory department and the work I have produced. I have worked for the company 4.5 years and have never had this level of job satisfaction work life balance at any point in my career. My job is challenging, fast paced and different daily- but this is what I enjoy in a work place. I am continually praised for my work from director level down and my goals, targets and expectations are clear. The company continually develops it's team and evolves and I have benefited from this. I do not think job satisfaction could be any higher.

Cons

None- a company that values honesty and loyalty, rewards hard work and is built on meritocracy. No hesitation to recommend to any person looking at either a first role in HR or experienced HR professional.

Peninsula Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula in a Mid Management Position and, thank you for your 4.5 years’ service so far! It is great to hear that you really love working at Peninsula, and that you enjoy the level of job satisfaction and work life balance you have experienced within the advisory department. This is great! We're pleased to see you find your job challenging, fast paced and different daily but, this is something that you embrace. We're happy to read that you often are recognized by the departments director for your hard work efforts, and that you have a clear pathway of what it is you need to achieve. We do value our employees and this is why we provide training allowing each every individual the opportunity to grow and develop within the business. In addition to this, we offer incentives and perks for our employees. Thank you for saying that you cannot comment on any cons about working at Peninsula, and for saying you would recommend us for a place to work. We really appreciate this. We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.com Keep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t believe the 5 star reviews

Aug 14, 2022 - Legal in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good teammates Good exposure for young people starting out & wanting to gain experience (move on once you’ve gained that experience!) Offices are ok & near reasonably priced parking

Cons

Peninsula pressurise new employees to write reviews & are vindictive - they would try & find out who had written a negative review, so not many current employees feel comfortable doing so. They are very conscious of their online presence & struggle to retain/recruit. Extremely inflexible/micromanaging - they do not like WFH & do not trust employees Bullying culture from the top down. Middle managers are “yes men” & carry out the orders of the senior leader team to save their own heads. Unrealistic amount of work - quantity is preferred over quality of work. Mistakes are commonplace. Peninsula use their knowledge of employment law against the staff - they will stay JUST on the right side of the law whilst treating staff poorly. Salary increases are very rare & you have to fight for every measly one.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Supportive

Jul 6, 2022 - Workforce Planner
      Business Outlook

Pros

it is supportive and good workplace

Cons

I do not have any yet

Peninsula Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Workforce Planner and, thank you for your service so far. It is great to hear that you really love working at Peninsula, and that you enjoy being around a supportive workplace. As a business, we are constantly evolving and seeking ways to improve our working environment. We have been investing heavily into the wellbeing and enjoyment of staff in the workplace as we recognise that our people are what makes our business successful. We welcome all feedback or ideas for improvements, so if you ever feel you would like to discuss anything in confidence, please reach us on reviews@peninsula-uk.com Keep up the fantastic work. We hope you have a great day!

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Very autonomous role

Jun 20, 2022 - Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work if you like managing your own time...

Cons

Lack of opportunities to progess

Peninsula Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your great review and 5-star rating! It really means a lot. We're glad to have had you as a member of the team here at Peninsula as a Consultant and, thank you for your 4 years’ service. It is great to hear that you enjoyed working at Peninsula and that you loved the independence linked to your role. However, your comment left in the negative section of your review is something that concerns us. We would like to understand which team you were a part of for 4 years - this is so that we can pass this back to the relevant people as feedback. This would be done as anonymous feedback so, if you are able to spare the time to reach out to us, we'd really appreciate it! Please email reviews@peninsula-uk.com If for whatever reason we do not hear from you, we wish you all the very best in your new adventure.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Pros and Cons

Jul 4, 2022 - HR- Consultant in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They provide a dynamic work environment, with access to an extremely varied and challenging workload.

Cons

They are very inflexible and have unreasonable expectations on the KPIs they want you to achieve.

Peninsula Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us and, for your four years of service with Peninsula. However, we are concerned about several of the comments made in your review. It is great to hear that you loved working at Peninsula in a dynamic environment, and that you enjoyed the variation of work related to your role. As with most businesses, all of our colleagues have KPIs in order to ensure we can deliver exceptional round-the-clock service for which we are renowned to our clients. If there is any concern around these targets or otherwise, we do encourage staff to discuss this with their line manager as we have an open-door policy where any issues can be discussed in confidence and additional support can be arranged. The issues raised in your review reflect a culture we simply do not recognise here at Peninsula. As a business, we are constantly evolving and seeking ways to improve. The way we operate currently is suitable in the context we are in both for our people, our clients and what continues to be a growing business in a tough economic climate. We would always welcome an open and transparent discussion with all our alumni to explain the current situation and how the business is operating and succeeding and should you wish that please do not hesitate to contact us with your mobile number and we can arrange. You can reach us at reviews@peninsula-uk.com We hope to hear from you soon but if not, we would like to wish you all the very best in your new adventure.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,236 Reviews

Peninsula Reviews FAQs

Peninsula has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 1,255 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Peninsula to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Peninsula employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Peninsula. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

82% of Peninsula employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Peninsula 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Peninsula to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be culture .

Popular Careers with Peninsula Job Seekers