Peninsula Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 July 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The training and personal growth and development is second to none" (in 21 reviews)

• "The range of training and development opportunities really is second to none" (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have learnt a lot working in their fast paced working environment" (in 29 reviews)

• "No Cons that i have experienced" (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Where hard work meets success"

Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the few places that I've worked that recognises talent and hard work and rewards accordingly. Peninsula is hands down the best choice to grow your HR Employment Law career. The level of training, support, advice and breath of experience I've gained in the last year is testament to this fact. I love working here, the culture whilst professional is friendly and if you are hitting your targets you get rewarded. Hard work truly pays off here!

Cons

There are none, simple. I love HR and Employment Law and that's what Peninsula do best.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what your doing.

12 Jul 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to our Glassdoor page, we take a lot of pride in training and developing our employees. We find that our employees love coming into work every day and the... More

2. "Fast paced and great place to work"

Current Employee - Employment Law Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Employment Law Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Applying to work for Peninsula is the best choice i've made to grow my HR Employment Law career. The training, support, advice and breath of experience I've gained in the last 3 months since I started with the Company is fantastic.
    There is a great team spirit here at Peninsula, everyone I have worked with have been really welcoming

Cons

I haven't come across any cons so far

5 Jul 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

We're also pleased you took the step and joined our family. Thanks for the great review, it's always pleasing to read how happy our employees are.

3. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Lead Employment Law Business Partner in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Lead Employment Law Business Partner in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for peninsula for a number of years it is fast paced but love my job, Head of advice is a great support personally and in the workplace and works hard and is very approachable. The director of advice has also been a great support to me and Listens to ideas and very approachable and the department has grown immensely and continues to grow and that’s why we are the best in the business and people are passionate about there jobs and this shows with the great client reviews we get each week

Cons

Cannot think of any cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing the department grows from strength to strength

5 Jul 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

Both our Advice Director and Head of Advice have started as advisors and grown and developed within the business over the past 10 years or so. They both work with an open door policy and can be... More

4. "Great Company"

Pros

I have worked for the company for nearly 5 years and no 2 days are ever the same. Your knowledge grows at a rapid rate by dealing with different industries and sectors on a day to day basis. From my very first day with Peninsula I have felt part of a team, and everyone supports each other. Peninsula has great training resources and consistently gives recognition to its employees. You are made to feel valued and secure in whatever role you are in.
    I was apprehensive leaving my old job to start my new journey with Peninsula, but this has been the best decision I have made.

Cons

I am sure like any company there are cons, but at present I can not think of any

12 Jul 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

We're also pleased you made the decision to join us and we're delighted with how happy you are in your new role. Thanks for the review, we really appreciate it

5. ""Fast paced and great place to work""

Current Employee - Learning and Development Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been with Peninsula for 6 weeks, but can say I am so pleased I made the move!

During my first few weeks with Peninsula I have seen that the opportunities are available to staff if you put the work in.

Peninsula give support to anyone who needs it, and the senior management team are keen for people to succeed within their roles.

The support from each department I have engaged with has been very welcoming, informative and I look forward to working my stakeholders further.

I have really enjoyed my time at peninsula so far and look forward to building a career with them!

Cons

I have not found any cons whilst working for Peninsula.

I have learnt a lot working in their fast paced working environment, and the location of the office is perfect to experience Manchester!

12 Jul 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

Thanks for the great feedback on Glassdoor, we really appreciate it. We're delighted you've settled into the role and enjoying being part of our family. Make sure to keep in regular contact with the... More

6. "Long Term Career Goals"

Current Employee - Graduate and Academy Manager in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Graduate and Academy Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/ life balance
    Fantastic team of people
    Opportunities to progress your career
    A great move for a 'second career'

Cons

Things move quickly - if you aren't afraid of a bit of hard work, this won't be an issue though!

Advice to Management

Communication is the key - this should be the focus moving forward.
    Keep on promoting from within to enhance the services offered.

12 Jul 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

Hard work and big rewards are what Peninsula is all about. Thanks for taking the time to give us a review, we really appreciate it. We know our graduates are in safe hands.

7. "Hard work and dedication pays off"

Current Employee - L&D Manager in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - L&D Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The challenge of the job (always good to be challenged)
    Great colleagues
    Opportunity to add value to the business
    Always learning
    Recognition and reward for talent and hard work

Cons

More time needed to understand workloads and have conversations with management.

Advice to Management

To keep being open to innovation, to continue recognising hard work and to continue to be the best in the industry.

12 Jul 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to our Glassdoor page, we love to hear back from our employees and we were pleased reading your review that you are enjoying the role.

8. "Great Place to work!!"

Current Employee - Department Coordinator in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Department Coordinator in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't know where to start I have many pros. I am new to the business and I feel like I have been here years, I have settled in really well and that's all thanks to my new team and everyone that I have come in contact with here at peninsula.

I have been here for 1 month now and i can already see my career developing, i have always said i don't just want a job i want a career and i really do see that here at Peninsula. Everyone i have spoken to has told me about the career paths they have taken through peninsula and it sound like the reach is endless.

I have spoken to a range of people here at peninsula and who ever you talk to make you feel comfortable. I am really excited to carry on with my Career within Peninsula.

Cons

This may be difficult to believe but i cant find one con, i have been here for 1 month and i don't have a bad word to say.

14 Jun 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

Thanks for the great feedback, we're pleased to read you've settled into your new role.

9. "An honest review"

Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve worked for Peninsula for 2 years within the advice department and I can honestly say it’s a great place to work. I’ve been welcomed and supported since day one and still come into work with a smile on my face everyday.

I’ve read the negative reviews that have appeared recently and I would suggest they’re taken with a pinch of salt, everyone here knows who wrote them and both left under a cloud and it was a relief they’ve gone.

A machine is o oh as good as the parts that make it, a couple of bad cogs can have a dramatic affect on those around them.

If your looking for
    A great company
    Supportive staff
    Great training
    Plenty of progression opportunities
    Good benefits
    Competitive pay

Then I would apply today, you won’t be sorry

Cons

No business is perfect, they’re No different. They do listen to feedback however and will try to improve as an employer.

Advice to Management

Do not let the bitter get you down, 99% of your staff enjoy coming into work and give their all everyday. Trust and listen to these and we’ll continue to be a success.

14 Jun 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

We'd like 100% of our employees to enjoy working at Peninsula and only through platforms like Glassdoor can we gain valuable feedback. We really appreciate the review and the time you've taken.... More

10. "Advisory department review"

Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Access to a wide variety of clients which opens up different scenarios and issues on a weekly basis. The department is set up into key teams - education, corporate etc so training and development can be focused and you get the opportunity to become a real expert in your field.

Cons

Work loads can be high, but I’ve come to work for the market leader if it was low I’d have concerns and I’m not work shy like some reviewers.

Advice to Management

Maybe look to good provide opportunities to everyone to rotate throughout the teams and get a more rounded experience if they’d like too. But continue to listen and take on board feedback

14 Jun 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

Thanks for the feedback and advice, we love to hear from our advisors and we're delighted you're happy within the department.