Peninsula Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Peninsula Reviews

Updated 19 Oct 2019

4.2
Pros
  • "This week I will be celebrating 10 years service at peninsula working in the Employment Law Advice Department(in 42 reviews)

• "Professional Working Environment(in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons to working here(in 41 reviews)

• "Is a fast paced environment so have to be on the ball from the get go(in 32 reviews)

1. "One of the best companies to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Database Developer in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly staff, Challenging projects and remuneration is good.

Cons

Nothing negative to report about Peninsula Businesses.

Advice to Management

Engage more with developers and stakeholders

Peninsula2019-10-19
  2. "Graduate Employment Law Consultant"

Current Employee - Graduate Employment Law Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would highly recommend this role. Everyone in the office is very friendly, inclusive and always asks me if I need any help. The recruitment process was very efficient. Great induction into the company and opportunities to get to know the team. Training is very good and reviews take place regularly. A genuine interest from all in the company, at all levels, in my personal and professional development. Very... positive office environment and good facilities within the office. Currently working within the advice team which is a good way to build knowledge of employment law, the IT systems, and building rapport with clients.

Cons

There are no cons of working with this company!

Peninsula2019-10-14

"Good company, low salaries, big workload"

Current Employee - Human Resources Documentation Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice colleagues, good atmosphere, good holidays, birthday off

Cons

Salary is low for the pressure, responsibility and workload. Tight deadlines

Advice to Management

Fight for salary increase

Peninsula2019-10-15
  4. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked in the Advisory department for the last five years and I have to say that it is an amazing company to work for!

Cons

None -0 genunily look forward to Mondays!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Peninsula2019-09-18
  5. "Best move I ever made!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Face2Face Consultant in Northampton, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with Peninsula for 3 months and couldn’t be happier! Yes, you are expected to work hard but this is always appreciated by incredibly supportive managers. I feel incredibly lucky to work with a great team of paralegals who go above and beyond in their support and am glad to be part of the team.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about!

Advice to Management

Thank you for the encouraging and supportive emails, they are appreciated!

Peninsula2019-09-12
  6. "Great team, great leadership & great company to work for"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Telford, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incentives, recognition, money, support, development, progression

Cons

No cons in my opinion

Advice to Management

I have loved every second at Peninsula. I have never worked for an organisation where so many people are genuinely invested in my success. There is not 1 person you would feel you couldn't call on for help or advice. Peninsula provide you with all the tools you need to be successful. I have developed so much in the last 12 months. The training & support is on-going & fantastic. Huge earning opportunities for... those that truly apply themselves. I joined a long established team in the North West, my manager & colleagues all made me feel part of the team & included me from the very beginning. My manager has been with Peninsula for many years, he is very supportive & lets us think for our selves & bring new ideas to the table for us all to benefit from. Our manager encourages us as a team to regularly share best practice & we all work together really well. Joining Peninsula has been life-changing. The people, managers, directors, colleagues, products, ethos, standards, support, events have all been fantastic & I look forward to a long career here at Peninsula.

Peninsula2019-09-11

"It's meant to be HR"

Former Employee - Employment Field Consultant in Plymouth, England

I worked at Peninsula full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company car and field base seeing clients

Cons

Firstly I never usually negitavly discuss a previous workplace but the culture was so bad I handed in my notice and left before I found further employment. Advertised 09.00 to 5. 30 but then they want an extra hour either side. Sales people sell them a great service and then I was advised by a senior manager be quick and do the basics. Awkward at meetings as many mis sold service by sales. Advised that most field... consultants work evenings and weekends to get workload completed. Management do not want the extra hours on your time sheet. Asked to complete reviews on websites about how great a Director was to win an award who I never met (like glassdoor). Had 3 emails requesting review done. Statutory rights not adhered to and this is meant to be an HR company. Peter Done in over a year wouldn't even introduce himself although he was in the building on induction day. Walked past a group of new employees twice and didn't acknowledge them. That's leadership and culture.

Advice to Management

Advertise correctly. Follow employment law and look at senior managers culture as what they say and what they do are opporsite. Be honest and transparent. Treat your clients with respect and give them the service they pay for.

Peninsula2019-10-13

"Disgusting"

Former Employee - BDM in Manchester, England

I worked at Peninsula full-time for more than a year

Pros

None - absolutely nothing at all

Cons

Disgraceful management, the sales dept is riddled with bullying managers - telesales guys are treated like dog dirt. Field guys are also treated with no respect at all. Don't be fooled by the complimentary comments on here, staff are "told" to write nice things so the company can be awarded Best Places to Work.

Advice to Management

You should be utterly ashamed of your actions...… karma - someone somewhere will give you what you deserve.

Peninsula2019-10-11

"Not for me"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Peninsula full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice team to work with, good building, ability to manage workload how I wanted to

Cons

Old-fashioned and corporate culture, not very employee-focused, lack of flexibility, benefits are superficial and exaggerated in application process

Advice to Management

Be honest about the culture - it isn't for everyone and while some may thrive in a more corporate environment, it can have a negative effect on those who don't. Also be more understanding of people's health problems and don't try to use guilt tactics to stop them from taking sick days. Yes having an EAP is great, but that's not going to get rid of long term illnesses or flu symptoms.

Peninsula2019-08-25

"Sweatshop mentality"

Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

if you get into the right clique you will make lots of money but u will go hero to zero very quickly so make the most of it as it wont last.

Cons

opportunities are given on a strictly " who is in favour " basis not based on ability just if your face fits -the working atmosphere is toxic with bullying and persecution very evident on a day to day basis if you can take the regular dressings down you will do well .

Advice to Management

try being more respectful to staff they are employed to do a job how about trusting them to just get on with it -drop the micro management such an over rated unproductive form of management style. understand that not all staff fit into the robots you are hoping to produce they have personality feelings sensitivities that you cannot destroy as much as you try

Peninsula2019-09-19