Peninsula Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.5
Peninsula Managing Director Peter Done
Peter Done

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The range of training and development opportunities really is second to none (in 18 reviews)

• Training and development is second to none and is continuous (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast paced' means excessive hours (in 26 reviews)

• No Cons that i have experienced (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Unique Opportunity, be sure to take advantage of it!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for the Yellow Pages for close to 9 years and to be honest, up until now it was the best job I ever had. I discovered Peninsula Canada and the performance and work hard play hard culture within the company is what makes it the Success it is today.

Everyone through out the company is there to help you be successful, from having a strong Inside Sales team to support you to the Advisors who are all there to support you, your prospects and your clients with the challenges experienced.

I am enjoying every minute of what I do now and I am thankful every day that I was selected for this unique opportunity.

Cons

This is a culture driven by performance and results.
    If you are not willing to work hard this is not for you.
    That being said, you will love what you do and working hard for something you love doesn't seem like work at all!

Advice to Management

Fantastic organization, PD and team, you have created something unique and in my opinion - the Best company to work for in Canada. Thank you.

21 Feb 2018 – Directors Office

We really appreciate the great review! We're delighted you're loving the role and working for Peninsula Canada

2. "Work environment you will thrive in"

Current Employee - Employment Advice Services Team Leader in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent for career development through internal progression
    Fast based environment no two days are the same
    Opportunity to work with clients from all sectors of employment
    Company always strives to improve working conditions for the employees

Cons

It is not the environment for someone who wants to coast. Everybody works extremely hard and is well rewarded.

Advice to Management

Continue as you are.

3. "HR Graduate Programme"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gain a real insight into the world of HR
    Get to work with a variety of clients
    No two days are ever the same
    A great social aspect to the team

Cons

Role can be high pressured at times but this what makes the role challenging and rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!
    Would be nice to be in touch a bit more with Senior Management

19 Apr 2018 – Directors Office

All senior managers operate an open door policy and are available if needed for 1-2-1 mentoring. Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it.

4. "Graduate Program"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment.
    Continuous training provided.
    Excellent monetary incentives and rewards.
    Achievable KPIs.
    Good support from colleagues.
    Opportunities for progression.
    Weekly 1-1 meeting, with continuous support and communication fro management.

Cons

Sometimes not enough time to review cases/ Clients can be extremely demanding, resulting in having to complete work after office hours. However, this is not a requirement of the business, but my own personal choice to stay behind to satisfy the Clients I am dealing with.

19 Apr 2018 – Directors Office

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on what it's like working at Peninsula. We're pleased to read you're enjoying the graduate role.

5. "If you work hard - you will thrive!"

Current Employee - Floor Manager in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Floor Manager in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

After working in sales for 5 years, I was lucky to be given them opportunity to start my career at Peninsula, now ten years later I am still have peace of mind that it was the best decision I ever made.

I undertook the BST role for 6 of those years but for the last 4 Year’s, a floor manager.

In my time, I have seen people come and go, but it’s safe to say that the ones that are still with us are an asset to the department and are still here because of their fantastic drive and their determination to succeed in an exciting sales environment.

What is frustrating for me is to read some of the negative reviews of the sales department on this site. From fragments of their comments and the time frame in which they are written, it can be quite easy for us to piece together who has created them. The common theme with these reviews is that the employees who wrote them left us because simply they did not perform in the role and didn’t have the resilience required to thrive in a target driven department like this.

For many of these people that leave us, this will be after months and months of our great trainers trying to help them, our QA’s working hard with them to help them improve their calls, or the managers devoting hours of their time side by side coaching to try to support and develop them.

So in the end those people are not a loss to us as a business, as it means we can focus our efforts helping the existing people who want to reach their potential.

So these negative reviews I read are just not a true reflection of this department.

What we have to remember here is that we are a highly successful sales team, that hasn’t come easy or just by chance, it has happened because of the successful people we have in the department working extremely hard being able to cope in a hardcore sales environment, so they earn the rewards to go with that which they very much deserve! Those people continue to succeed because of the fantastic management team we have as the driving force behind them and the Head of Telesales supporting them every step of the way.

Month on month we are smashing targets, year on year we are growing as a business, so we need people on board who are also going to grow with us

If people have the right attitude and want to prosper in this company- they will!

Cons

I literally can’t think of any! When I think of how this department has changed over the last ten years we are completely different now..... for the better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we are doing and we will continue to smash it!

10 Apr 2018 – Directors Office

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest review. The sales department at Peninsula has expected levels of commitment and focus, not all can match these levels and unfortunately... More

6. "Too micro-managed"

Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training you receive as part of your induction and to aid your on going development is second to none.

Cons

There is too much micro-management. The Team Leaders have no real say in regards to pay or flexibility. All promoted from within which is marketed as a plus but it has created an stale environment with a high turnover of staff. Issues are just accepted as opposed to being challenged and reviewed. Staff feel very much like a number and a statistic rather than a person.

Advice to Management

Bring in external people who can see the pitfalls of the current system and shake it up.

19 Apr 2018 – Directors Office

We're pleased to read you've found the training and development are second to none. It's that same training and development that has allowed employees to process within the business and become team... More

7. "Career Starter"

Current Employee - Senior Employment Law Onsultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Senior Employment Law Onsultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits package, pay and incentives.
    Good opportunity for to commence a career in employment law for HR professionals.
    Always presents opportunity for growth and career development.

Cons

Working hours/ different shifts can be an issue.
    Weekends on-call.

Advice to Management

None, great job so far. Keep up to great work.

19 Apr 2018 – Directors Office

We really appreciate the review, thanks for taking the time to tell us what it's like to work for Peninsula.

8. "BST"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Friendly Atmosphere
    - Dedicated mentors
    - Opportunity for growth

Cons

- Position itself is tough. Cold calling takes a lot of perseverance to become successful.

19 Apr 2018 – Directors Office

It's good to see you're enjoying the role within Peninsula. As a BST in the sales team 'cold calling' is actually very very rare, opportunities are presented to you via several avenues and they... More

9. "Relaxing and professional place to work"

Current Employee - SEO Executive in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - SEO Executive in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been grafting here for a few months now, working in the marketing department. I am situated on the 9th floor, known as Cloud 9. It is a very nice place to work, the staff are friendly towards one another. I am allowed the freedom to do my work without being micro managed. Peninsula has free breakfast on Mondays and free fruit on Wednesdays which is nice. Also there is free tea and milk and the kitchens and toilets are generally clean.

Cons

The free milk is wonderfully splendid, however, it is UHT milk. In an ideal world, it would be nice if they provided fresh whole milk, not the semi-skimmed stuff, though I could be in the minority in that decision.

Advice to Management

Put an order in for some whole milk

19 Mar 2018 – Directors Office

its good to hear you've enjoyed the graft up on floor nine, we really appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts on what it's been like working at Peninsula.

10. "Great Place to Work, Good Progression Opportunities"

Current Employee - SEO Manager in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - SEO Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Well organized and focused working practices
    - Good progression opportunities
    - Training and support provided

Cons

- Fast paced working environment

Advice to Management

Focus more on quality than quantity, maintain the quality of work quantity increase will follow naturally

19 Mar 2018 – Directors Office

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback, we really appreciate it