Peninsula Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.5
Peninsula Managing Director Peter Done
Peter Done

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The range of training and development opportunities really is second to none (in 17 reviews)

• Training and development is second to none and is continuous (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a fast paced environment which rewards hard work therefore if you don't want to stretch yourself it won't be the place for you (in 24 reviews)

• There is no cons I could think of (in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The best place to build a career!"

Current Employee - Employment Law Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Employment Law Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for Peninsula for 4 years in a number of different roles in departments across the organisation. I can honestly say I have never come across a Company so committed to not only providing a fantastic service, but also to looking after their employees.

I recently joined the sales team on floor 6 after working within the advice department for a number of years, and I am so happy that I made this career move. The atmosphere is fantastic and all of the Management team are so encouraging as they want to see each and every employee strive to achieve the best that they can. Employees are truly happy to come to work here each day and it is clear to see that reasons behind this relate to not only the fantastic rewards on offer, but also because of the constant support provided by the Management team.

There is an extremely generous commission structure in place which is really achievable if you work hard and are dedicated to the success of the business. There are also regular incentives to encourage employees to achieve the best that they can. Those who work hard are really rewarded here.

I am excited to continue building my career within Peninsula and progress further within the sales department.

Cons

There are none that I have come across. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Peninsula so far and look forward to the future here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

27 Jun 2017 – Directors Office

Our sales teams are exposed to some of the best rewards within the business. Exotic trips, cash incentives and luxury prizes are just some of the rewards we offer for all your hard work. Thanks for... More

"Excellent Opportunities but be prepared to put the work in"

Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Business Sales Executive in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at Peninsula for nearly 3 years. It really is a great place to work - sure there are times where you feel like you're not up to the job but this is the nature of any sales role. The incentives are really good and it is a great place to make LOTS of money. You almost are made to feel like a part of The PENINSULA FAMILY. It always amazes me when I come across this site and read some of the comments submitted by ex employees. The reason they no longer work at Peninsula is because they either can't take the pressure of the role or don't like the style of management. The reason Peninsula is a successful business is essentially down to the combination of the 2. You wouldn't earn in excess of 40-50k a year if this job was a walk in the park - I mean some professionals don't earn this amount of money so it amazes me when people feel hard done by when they aren't performing. I wouldn't have said I was a particularly good sales person before i worked at Peninsula but I had the tenacity and right attitude to want to succeed. Once management can see this you will earn their respect. To be honest if ex employees are writing bad reviews maybe it is a reflection of themselves and they clearly weren't up to the job. A tip for anyone considering - If you are hardworking, determined, respectful, punctual and have the energy to talk a lot on the phone Peninsula is for you!

Cons

If you can't take the pressure, have a bad attitude and don't have a high work ethic this job isn't for you.

Advice to Management

The management have a job to do which is to advise us how to improve. It does surprise me how much stick management get in some of these reviews. In the last 3 years I have got to know the senior management very well and at the end of the day they have a job to do so when people are messing about and not getting on with their jobs or not making the right number of calls is it any wonder that they have to address this?

15 Aug 2017 – Directors Office

Your feedback is just what we are looking for from our team on floor 6, work hard play hard and earn the rewards

3. "Good Company for progession in sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Sales in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If your looking for a long term career in sales and are willing to work for it this is the place to be. You can earn life changing commission, sales in the truest sense and with that needs focus & drive. There is also an opportunity for progression in sales

Cons

If you're a hard worker there are no cons

Advice to Management

Some great feedback from previous employees who would want to come back to Peninsula, great investment & training with current employees

15 Aug 2017 – Directors Office

We appreciate you taking the time to give us a true reflection of life on floor 6! Life changing money, amazing trips away and a fun atmosphere. Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts.

5. "Hard work really does pay"

Current Employee - BST in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - BST in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working at Peninsula for well over a decade and I am more hungry than I have ever been. This can only be a reflection on the opportunity that has been given to me by such a great company. Money is clearly a factor when you come to work and Peninsula is always putting new incentives in place to help you strive and achieve more.

Cons

For someone starting here, the first 6 months can be hard but you will be given time and support to settle in.

Advice to Management

nothing really, they are firm but fair so you know where you stand.

15 Aug 2017 – Directors Office

We pride ourselves on making sure everyone is given the best level of training on our services so they can make the most of the opportunity to make lots of money and truly change their lives. Thanks... More

6. "Excellent Company to work for 5*"

Current Employee - Business Sales Telesales in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Business Sales Telesales in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent working hours, No weekends, Uncapped Bonus with Huge earning potential, Excellent INCENTIVES!

Cons

High-pressure environment but high rewards

Advice to Management

More incentives to motivate us.

15 Aug 2017 – Directors Office

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it.

7. "Fantastic company to work for..."

Current Employee - Human Resources Face2Face Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Human Resources Face2Face Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working for Peninsula recently and can honestly say I absolutely love it!

I work with great people, my colleagues are so supportive.

Since working here I have had the opportunity to meet with lots of clients and deal with a wide variety of HR cases.

There is a chance for everyone to feel valued in what they do - I know for sure I feel incredibly valued!

Cons

I genuinely love working here and am struggling to come up with any cons!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the team I work with are absolutely brilliant!

We support and help each other, my manager listens to me and makes me feel like my opinion really counts!

7 Aug 2017 – Directors Office

We're delighted you have found working with us so enjoyable. We really appreciate the feedback, thank you.

8. "A great place to work"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time

Pros

The company is very keen on employee engagement and are constantly setting incentives to motivate their employees. There are Training and Development opportunities for staff within the company and they have recently launched its Group Leadership Programme.

Cons

No cons as such. It is a fast paced environment which rewards hard work therefore if you don't want to stretch yourself it won't be the place for you.

7 Aug 2017 – Directors Office

Our group leadership program as proven to be very successful and will hopefully inspire future managers and directors, internal progression is a core value within Peninsula. Thanks for the great... More

9. "Great employer"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and career progression opportunities.

Cons

No cons to note but not for the faint hearted or work shy

7 Aug 2017 – Directors Office

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback, we really appreciate it.

10. "Best job ever"

Current Employee - Health & Safety Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Health & Safety Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great opportunities, varied work and brilliant clients.

Cons

Always rather too sales focused.

7 Aug 2017 – Directors Office

We're delighted you think Peninsula is the best job you've ever had. Thanks for the great review!

"Perfect role to become an expert in employment law!"

Former Employee - Employment Law Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Former Employee - Employment Law Consultant in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I genuinely loved working for this company and didn't leave because I wanted a new job, I left because I wanted to travel. This role taught me so much and working in a small office meant I made very close friends and have left the business still remaining in touch with colleagues and even high level management. Great working environment and a fun place to work if you are able to work under pressure which I enjoyed. Good incentives to move up salary bandings and opportunities to earn extra cash through referrals etc

Cons

Working on call isn't ideal but someone has to do it. No one is overworked and it's equally distributed. Belfast office is too small to have a night team working. Not a lot of room for progression to management roles unless you venture to another office.

Advice to Management

Not enough is invested in the Belfast office in terms of recruitment. There always seemed to be a massive delay in recruiting someone even when plenty of notice was given for someone leaving. The documentation team in NI was massively under pressure when I left and I don't think it has changed which can mean that the team can be left demotivated and even more people are leaving.

20 Jul 2017 – Directors Office

We're pleased you loved working for Peninsula and hope you are enjoying traveling. We always have multiple opportunities for progression within the group of companies and we pride ourselves on our... More