Peninsula Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 21 September 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Support from all work colleagues and management is second to none" (in 23 reviews)

• "I started with the company on the Peninsula graduate scheme and the training and development during my time here is second to none" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have learnt a lot working in their fast paced working environment" (in 29 reviews)

• "No Cons that i have experienced" (in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"10 years service and still loving my job & work place"

Current Employee - Employment Law Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Employment Law Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This week I will be celebrating 10 years service at peninsula working in the Employment Law Advice Department.
    What can I say peninsula have fantastic career opportunities, great staff benefits, 1st class training and development, experience management teams and amazing staff who all work their socks off.
    I absolutely love my job and have been fortunate enough to have worked in some fantastic roles within the Advice Teams that have kept me motivated and personally challenged. My colleges are like my extended family and I have been blessed enough to have worked with some fantastic Team Leaders & Managers that have always supported me. It’s people like Kate Palmer the Head of Advice that inspire me to keep working at Peninsula because even as the Head of an ever changing Employment Law team she always makes time for people and encourages people to push themselves out of their comfort zone and use their creativity and individual personalities to deliver exceptional customer service as well as practical legal advice to our clients.

Cons

If you want to work for a company that is a leader in its market place then be prepared for hard work, fun and it’s important to be open minded to change.

Advice to Management

Keep recognising talent and rewarding good work as it does make a difference.

2. "Fast Paced Environment"

Current Employee - Workforce Planner in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Current Employee - Workforce Planner in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers a lot of benefits to staff, with morale and mental health always being high on the agenda. There's a lot of team building and interesting fundraising events to keep everyone working at their best. From what I've seen there's a lot of room for progression and learning from within, and everyone is eager to see you succeed.
    Management is easily approachable and open to ideas and opinions.

Cons

Can be a high pressure environment, and not really made for everyone. It's hard going at times, but that's really what makes the job rewarding and worth your time. Can on occasion be frustrating as well.

Advice to Management

Nothing so far, everything has been great, and any issues addressed promptly and with input!

3. "A very modern company to work for"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am very impressed by Peninsula's use of technology. It helps me to work efficiently and flexibly - which of course helps my work-life balance!

Cons

I have not encountered any so far.

Advice to Management

Continue to introduce, use and improve technology to help our productivity and flexibility.

4. "Health and safety technical advisor."

Current Employee - Health and Safety Advisor in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Health and Safety Advisor in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been with the company just over 8 months now and found to be very fast pace, which suits me very well. Support from all work colleagues and management is second to none. There is personal development to be gained as well. Really looking forward to the months and years to come. Thank you for this opportunity.

Cons

There are none, as working to a great long-term strategy to improve health and safety across the group.

Advice to Management

Keep that great support going.

"Concerning"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic training program and great earning potential.

Cons

Even with years of previous experience you are spoken to and treated like a child and activity is confused with productivity. Because of this staff retention is the worst I have seen in nearly 30 years of sales, especially from a company claiming to help others retain staff.

Advice to Management

Spend more time focusing on the positives rather than the negatives. No child ever learned to walk with their parents shouting walk walk walk. They we're praised for taking baby steps making them more determined to succeed the next time. Staff are exactly the same. Rather than say "you should be doing better" you should be asking "how can we help you do better".

"A twisted environment"

I worked at Peninsula full-time

Pros

Clear targets, some amazing people. Great opportunities to earn some extra money via referrals. 1st class training.

Cons

A few people let the whole company down. A few selected managers have double standards. They will dismiss you if they don't like your background and don't suck up to them, even if you do a better job than others who don't get dismissed. Borderline discrimination.

Very poor sense of job security.

The pay is truly terrible for the high intensity work load.

They will not pay you properly in your last pay check unless you challenge it.

Advice to Management

Cut out the toxic individuals who are so called managers. However there are lots of managers who are great.

"Great opportunities"

Current Employee - Telesales in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Telesales in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came into Peninsula as a trainee sales advisor from a different career background, peninsula held an assessment day to recruit non-experienced telesales and I was successful.
    9 months down the line I am earning the best money I have ever had!
    you have tough days but you get the support needed from management to get you where you need to be.

Cons

High-pressure environment - you have to be willing to work! other than that choosing to work at Peninsula and choosing a career in sales was the best decision I have made.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing to get people were they are today! thank you for your support!

8. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is opportunity for internal progression. Very rarely do we advertise externally for roles and I have managed to progress to a Team Leader from an Employment Law Advisor within my 5 years.

Peninsula offers great benefits for colleagues. Free breakfast on a Monday, gym classes, drinks after work every month, Kids Xmas Party just to name a few.

Cons

Can't think of one con

Advice to Management

Keep continuing to increase the high level of benefits

9. "Hard Work Meets Success - Excellent Progression Opportunities"

Current Employee - Advice Team Leader in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Advice Team Leader in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started with the company on the Peninsula graduate scheme and the training and development during my time here is second to none. The client base exposes you to numerous sector industries and the amount that you learn and grow in a short space of time is staggering. If you work hard then you will be rewarded and it is definitely the company for anyone that wants to kick start their career.
    They are very committed to the continuous development of their employees and offer a number of leadership programmes to develop futures leaders from within. I have worked my way though as an advisor and most recently promoted to a manager. The support throughout my progression has been great and there are excellent opportunities to progress.
    Peninsula offer secure employment, competitive pay and benefits and a social working environment. This graduate scheme in particular allows you meet and network with 15 other young professionals that are a great support throughout the programme and always up for a drink or two after work!
    It’s an expanding company that continues to grow and Its an exciting time to work here.

Cons

It would be great to expand the head office to include a canteen and a 24 hours gym

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Employment Law Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Employment Law Consultant

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Generous salaries
    - Family feeling contact centre
    - Training is second to none
    - Progress from within

Cons

- Little permanent progression opportunity at smaller sites