Peninsula Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.4
Peninsula Managing Director Peter Done
Peter Done

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The range of training and development opportunities really is second to none (in 18 reviews)

• Training and development is second to none and is continuous (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast paced due to high demand which can reflect sometimes in the individual/service (in 25 reviews)

• No Cons that i have experienced (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Unique Opportunity, be sure to take advantage of it!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for the Yellow Pages for close to 9 years and to be honest, up until now it was the best job I ever had. I discovered Peninsula Canada and the performance and work hard play hard culture within the company is what makes it the Success it is today.

Everyone through out the company is there to help you be successful, from having a strong Inside Sales team to support you to the Advisors who are all there to support you, your prospects and your clients with the challenges experienced.

I am enjoying every minute of what I do now and I am thankful every day that I was selected for this unique opportunity.

Cons

This is a culture driven by performance and results.
    If you are not willing to work hard this is not for you.
    That being said, you will love what you do and working hard for something you love doesn't seem like work at all!

Advice to Management

Fantastic organization, PD and team, you have created something unique and in my opinion - the Best company to work for in Canada. Thank you.

21 Feb 2018 – Directors Office

We really appreciate the great review! We're delighted you're loving the role and working for Peninsula Canada

2. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - Employmenty Law Consultant in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Employmenty Law Consultant in Manchester, England

I worked at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training is really good, the people are great, really fast paced and the day flies.

Cons

Would be great if they had part time roles.

20 Feb 2018 – Directors Office

It's great to read you think the training is really good! Thanks for the feedback we really appreciate it.

3. "Takes time to familiarise with processes"

Current Employee - H&S Consultant

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues help is available in abundance. Make good use of shadowing to get you started and comfortable with the process at hand. Take good notes and follow the process, and you may walk away from your first day with enough fuel to power through until you find your stride.

Cons

A lot of software to familiarise with and time is needed to feel confident.

19 Feb 2018 – Directors Office

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts on what it's like working for Peninsula, we're pleased you're enjoying it.

"Loved it"

Former Employee - Technical Engineer in Liverpool, England
    Former Employee - Technical Engineer in Liverpool, England

I worked at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in the IT department and honestly, its probably the best job I had. My boss at the time (Dan) was excellent. He gave me a chance and we both benefitted massively. He spoke to us like people, he didn't talk down to us, fantastic place to work.

Cons

Sometimes the directors get to involved, but they are doing it with the best intentions, they just wanted the company to run smoothly as possible, and they want every department to be the best it can be.

Advice to Management

Leave the IT department to there job because they try every day to be the best they can (more towards directors)
    Management were great, just keep doing what your doing

9 Feb 2018 – Directors Office

Thanks for the review, we really appreciate the time you've taken. it's always pleasing to read our staff enjoy their time with us and we're happy you understand that any involvement our director... More

6. "Health and Safety Consultant review"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Autonomous working, large variety of clients means experience in many different working environments. Profit share, xmas bonus, extra holiday and BUPA health care after 5 years (not for new employees).

Cons

No pay rise in last 7 years although the business has grown year on year, payment for use of own car has not risen during same period (in last review, Directors office stated that I should be grateful for having a company financed car as many staff do not receive this benefit . As a field consultant who travels @15-18K miles a year, I really don't think the car payment is a perk?) Be prepared for up to 6 hours travelling in the car (usually 3-5).

Advice to Management

At the moment, the only reason I can see for leaving the business would be when lack of pay rise and car payments against inflation means I am working for less than I can afford. I would strongly advise Management to review pay and payments. Otherwise we could reach a point where Consultants start leaving and it would be too late then. Can only give 4 star rating due to this issue and would very much like to award a 5.

6 Feb 2018 – Directors Office

We always appreciate the time anyone takes to give us feedback on Glassdoor and we're pleased you rated us as 4 stars. With regards to the feedback on companies cars, i'd suggest you speak directly... More

7. "Great Company to Work for"

Current Employee - ECS Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - ECS Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company offers really good benefits packages to it employees which only sends positive vibes to Employees. Great company to work for and lots of progression and training offered to enhance your skills in your role. Salary banding schemes in place for employees to work towards. Overall a great company to work for which I have personally enjoyed for past 9 years with lots of progression in different which I plan on working more on in the future.

Cons

No Cons that i have experienced

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and the positive benefits you offer to employees are very much appreciated.

22 Jan 2018 – Directors Office

We really appreciate the feedback from a long-serving employee thank you for taking the time to write your review.

"A new challenge every day"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Peninsula offer secure employment, competitive pay and good benefits (to long serving staff). The client base served exposes you to numerous industry sectors, which sometimes puts you out of your comfort zone, this gives you the opportunity to learn and develop your skills with the assistance of your colleagues and managers. In the years I have been employed at Peninsula, I have been encouraged and assisted to develop new skills, increase my knowledge of health and safety, develop and improve as a health and safety practitioner.

Cons

Just like any other business numbers are what matters, everyone has targets or KPI’s set to achieve, I guess if you don’t measure it you can’t manage it is the theory, however this often leads to quantity being more important that quality. Field based workers sometimes feel detached and unappreciated, as they are not included in some of the small benefits working in one of Peninsula’s offices.

Advice to Management

Try to understand the needs of field staff and some of the demands placed upon them whether they work in EL or HS.

6 Feb 2018 – Directors Office

We're pleased that you've had the opportunity to learn new skills and develop your knowledge. Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback

9. "Fantastic opportunities and perks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots done for us as employees. Free breakfast on a Monday, free drinks on the last Friday of the month, free exercise class each week. As well as the standard Christmas party for staff they also gave us a free Kids Christmas party which was amazing and a free kids pantomime. we also had a big family BBQ in the Summer. Not many companies that offer this anymore.
    Lots of opportunities available should you show yourself to be worth it.

Cons

I honestly dont have any. Work hard and play hard is true in this case.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing.

11 Jan 2018 – Directors Office

It's great to read you've taken full advantage of the benefits we've provided to all our employees last year. We're working on making sure these are even better for 2018, thanks for the review.... More

10. "Fantastic company with great opportunities and benefits"

Current Employee - Team Lead/Manager in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Team Lead/Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Reward is given to those who like to work hard and progress. Great staff wellbeing ethos, loads of benefits and recognition schemes along with fantastic earning opportunities. Talent is recognised and developed within the business and most of the top management team have come from within showing how invested in its people the business is.

Cons

No cons for those who love working in a fast paced and dynamic business.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do well.

10 Jan 2018 – Directors Office

Thanks for providing us with a genuine and honest review. Its clear from reading your feedback you love working with us and that's all we ask every day, enjoy your work and the rest will follow... More

"Call Centre"

I worked at Peninsula full-time

Pros

Good employee benefits
    If you work hard, you can progress
    Free breakfast on Monday

Cons

Soul sucking work
    Like a call centre - definitely not HR
    Too target focussed - not focussed on individuals

Advice to Management

Focus more on providing good customer service not on hitting productivity targets

23 Jan 2018 – Directors Office

Peninsula provides 24 hour HR advice from highly trained advisors, we certainly do not operate in a call centre or call centre environment and for this reason, our advice has won several gold... More