Peninsula Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Peninsula Reviews

Updated 18 January 2019

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Support from all work colleagues and management is second to none" (in 27 reviews)

• "I started with the company on the Peninsula graduate scheme and the training and development during my time here is second to none" (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • "No Cons that i have experienced" (in 34 reviews)

• "Is a fast paced environment so have to be on the ball from the get go" (in 32 reviews)

1. "You make your own luck at Peninsula"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time

Pros

Peninsula is the leader in its industry and as a result, requires every employee to pull their weight at all time and give 100% every day. This can cause its own problems, but with drive and focus you make your own luck within the business. No one will hand you a golden ticket to success and although progression and development are engrained within the core of the business its still down to you as an individual to stand out.

Senior managers, Directors, and the CEO are always willing to offer support and pearls of wisdom, no one should be afraid of asking what someone else for career advice or how to 'get on' within the business because they were in your position once and someone gave them support too.

Birthdays off each year and access to 100's of discounts from Perk Box are a welcomed improvement.

Cons

If you don't mind rolling up your sleeves and putting in good old fashioned hard work you'll do well.

As with any big office, you'll occasionally hear of or maybe even get caught up in office politics or gossip it's best to ignore it and move on.

Advice to Management

Continue to speak with and listen to your employees and make improvements, no business is perfect. |

2. "Employee Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employee training and support. Great company benefits. Central location in Manchester CC.

Cons

No current issues working here

14 Jan 2019 – Employee Engagement Specialist

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it, we're pleased to read you're enjoying your time with us.

"A Lesson in Business Immorality"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looking back there are no real pros as these are provided in the manner of give with one hand but take back two hands worth. Only pro I have gained is an understanding of how immoral some companies can be and who to avoid

Cons

Gave it two years, felt unhappy throughout as you are not a consultant, more of a robot spewing out the same old gumf with little value to clients. Complaints and moans from clients were many that were directed at you purely because you were the face, these are mainly down to the poor service and overselling of products that were not needed by clients - some of these appalled me and I felt they compromised my integrity. The perception or myth of a great company is manifested through mass reviews on this platform by employees being directed or pressured into placing one. Strange how many reviews are dated 05 October this year, there must have been a workshop or meeting

Advice to Management

I have no advice as it will not be heeded, my advice is to potential employees - NO. I wish I had researched these a bit better but was taken in by Top 100 company which I honestly believe was gained fraudulently

14 Jan 2019 – Employee Engagement Specialist

We're disappointed to read we had an unhappy member of staff for 2 years when there would have been plenty of opportunities to voice your concerns and see if we could improve your experience. We'd... More

"Field Consultant Graduate Scheme"

Current Employee - Graduate Field Consultant
    Current Employee - Graduate Field Consultant

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic scheme for new graudates. You must be prepared to learn and give 100% as its very fast paced but you recieve so much training and support. Although the training weeks can be intense due to there being so much to learn, every session is engaging and they have all been really interesting. I found that most people who work for Peninsula have worked here for year and years and all seem really happy in their roles which is a good sign for newbies. Considering your not office based you dont feel alone at all and when you are in the office everyone is friendly and approachable. The support from the managers and consultants has been brilliant, they are always checking if we are ok, if we are enjoying it so far or need any extra help. The consultant role is so varied and every visit is interesting. The week goes so quickly and im loving it so far!

Cons

If i had to find one thing, not necessarily a con but the training days can be very long with only a 30 minute break and after a good few hours of heavy law topics i sometimes felt a longer break or a couple of 15 minute breaks between sessions might have helped break the day up and get you ready for the next few hours of training.

16 Nov 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

We really appreciate the time you've taken to give us your review. We're delighted to see you're enjoying your time with us.

5. "Progressive"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time

Pros

Positive working environment to be a part of

Cons

Lower pay than you might expect

19 Nov 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

Thanks for the feedback

6. "A great place to work"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time

Pros

I have had various jobs in boring, bureaucratic places with average colleagues. Peninsula is the absolute opposite, it is exciting, always changing, challenging with a quality team who always want to be the best they can be. The knowledge in the team is second to none and we are always learning and evolving. The team really care about one another and the client and the team feels like a tight unit. The business has gone from strength and strength and you can feel a real buzz as it grows but also as it evolves in its leadership style and mentality.

Cons

Because the standards are high you always have to be on top of your game and sometimes that can be challenge but then you reflect on your success/day and week and realise you would not want to be performing at average.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It really feels like the management team has evolved in approach of late as the workplace changes and that is brilliant.

1 Nov 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

We really appreciate the great feedback, we love to read genuine reviews from our happy staff.

"Immoral"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Peninsula full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, reasonable salary, good benefits

Cons

Demanding, unreasonable, misleading, poor communication.

Advice to Management

Nothing to add

1 Nov 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

We're disappointed you found us to be unreasonable at the same time as being flexible. If you'd like to give more feedback we can use to improve as an employer please contact us at... More

"The Sales Department has changed my life!!"

Current Employee - Senior Employment Law Consultant in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Senior Employment Law Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Peninsula for over 5 years in a number of different roles in departments across the organisation. I can honestly say I have never come across a Company so committed to not only providing a fantastic service, but also to looking after their employees.

I joined the sales team on floor 6 18 months ago after working within the advice and documentation departments for a number of years, and I am so happy that I made this career move. The atmosphere is fantastic and all of the Management team are so encouraging as they want to see each and every employee strive to achieve the best that they can. Employees are truly happy to come to work here each day and it is clear to see that reasons behind this relate to not only the fantastic rewards on offer, but also because of the constant support provided by the Management team.

There is an extremely generous commission structure in place which is really achievable if you work hard and are dedicated to the success of the business. There are also regular incentives to encourage employees to achieve the best that they can. Those who work hard are really rewarded here.

My life has been changed completely since joining the sales department, I have been able to purchase a beautiful first home and a brand new car, and I now have so much financial freedom and feel so secure.

At our recent sales conference we had the big prize draw based on an incentive that had been running over the past year. Each employee in the sales team won raffle tickets throughout the year leading up to the draw based on performance and other incentives that ran. The prize was £20,000! Life changing money! I am so thrilled to say that I won!! This is just another way the company looks to reward hard work. Hard work really does pay off!

I am so excited to continue building my career within Peninsula and progress further within the sales department to continue to achieve financial freedom and security.

Cons

There are none that I have come across. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Peninsula so far and look forward to the future here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

15 Oct 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

Thanks for the great feedback, we're so pleased you've taken the time to write your review. Peninsula, with the right mindset and focus, can be a life chaining place! Congratulations on winning the... More

9. "Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Manchester, England

I have been working at Peninsula part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Since joining the business 5 years ago I have been given genuine autonomy to grow an build a key department within the business. The MD and Directors have been hugely supportive in listening and helping to implement new ideas and ways of working. I have been promoted twice in recognition of the work me and my team have undertaken and the business have been fantastic in allowing me to maintain a work life balance by working part time without this ever impacting my ability to grow within the business.

Cons

We are a high performance culture that does not suit everyone.

Advice to Management

I would say to further enhance some elements of our overall benefits package, but the board have listened to this and are currently implementing a number of new benefits - thank you for listening !

1 Nov 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

We can't wait for our new benefits package to be released to all of our employees. We've used Glassdoor as a platform for our employees to give us feedback and help us improve our culture and... More

"Working for the Peninsula Group"

I have been working at Peninsula full-time

Pros

I have worked for the company 14 years and can genuinely say there has never been a dull moment.
    Plenty of challenges though, but that's the thing that gets me out of bed in the morning!
    Great to be involved and contributing to a business that is clearly valued by it's customers and the growth of the Group is certainly testament to this.

Cons

If you're not adaptable and agile, Peninsula Group is probably not the right fit.

1 Nov 2018 – Employee Engagement Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from a Director's perspective. We've come a long way in the 14 years you've been with us and platforms like Glassdoor will help improve further over... More