PizzaExpress Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at PizzaExpress

2.4

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PizzaExpress (London, England) in December 2008.

Interview

Was contacted via phone 3 hours after applying online, came in for a face to face interview with the restaurant manager spoke was offered the role and went for a group session with team work exercises and then offered

Interview Questions

• How to deal with customers when they are wrong but you still need to keep them happy   2 Answers

Kitchen Porter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PizzaExpress (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2013.

Interview

very easy just formal interview,just ask for interest in food and knowledge of the company.it last around 20 minutes nothing special questions like: what would you like to do to grow in the company(chef) and do you had any experience in a restaurant etc

Interview Questions

PizzaExpress Response

20 Feb 2017 – Resourcing Specialist

Hi,

Thank you for posting a review on Glassdoor regarding your interview experience at Milano.

We are pleased you found the experience a positive one and that you accepted the offer. We hope... More

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton-on-Tees, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PizzaExpress (Stockton-on-Tees, England) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called in to meet with management. After assessing my availability I was given a trial. After that I has a interviewed for the role and given a set of online courses to complete.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you're role will help ensure good service?   Answer Question

4 Sep 2018 – Recruitment Specialist

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your interview at PizzaExpress. We're really pleased to hear you found it a positive experience and accepted the offer!

We hope you're... More

Anonymous Employee in Durham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PizzaExpress (Durham, England) in June 2017.

Interview

This was a really easy and informal interview. I basically just turned up and they immediately showed me around and explained what the job required. At the end of this I had to ask whether I had the job because he had heavily implied that I did through asking when I was available and showing me the things I would need to do without having said I had it. He confirmed that showing up to the interview was enough for me to get it.

Interview Questions

PizzaExpress Response

8 Oct 2018 – Recruitment Specialist

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your interview experience at PizzaExpress. We're really pleased to hear you accepted the offer.

We're not sure from your review if you... More

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PizzaExpress (London, England).

Interview

I applied on a Wednesday on the pizza express website. Got phone call on friday, arranged an interview for saturday. Got offered the job on spot. She was asking about my availability, when i can start. Not many question about experience or anything else.

Interview Questions

PizzaExpress Response

9 Feb 2018 – Resourcing Specialist

Hi,

Thank you for your review regarding your interview experience at PizzaExpress.

It's great to hear you accepted the offer and we hope you're enjoying your new role at PizzaExpress!

The... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheadle, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PizzaExpress (Cheadle, North West England, England) in October 2016.

Interview

So I received a telephone interview for the next week, and after not being called for over an hour and a half after it was scheduled for I rang them. They said the manager was busy and would phone me back. Somebody did phone me back, I did the interview and was invited to the face to face the next week. I went in, ploughed through a relaxed interview which I found easy. Now here is the interesting part. It took until now for the manager to question my age, to which I responded 17. He then said he wasn't sure if I had to be 18 for the job or not and he would get back to me the day after. Funnily enough the next day I got a call saying I was too young and didn't have the job. Considering I had put my age on my application I find it rather annoying that I wasted all this time being interviewed for the manager to only realise at the last hurdle I was half a year too young.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you have got feedback and how you responded to it   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you had to deal with a tricky customer, and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Name a situation where you displayed exceptional customer service   Answer Question

17 Oct 2016 – Resourcing Specialist

Hi,

Thank you for posting a review about your interview experience with PizzaExpress on Glassdoor.

We are very sorry to hear the interview process did not run smoothly for you and that you did... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PizzaExpress (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

It was one o one interview directly to the store manager. Mainly about personal question, but the working documents were more focused, like visa, passport, and bank account. It took me around 15 minutes to finish the interview

Interview Questions

• Can you work under pressure? especially during peak dinner/lunch hour   Answer Question

13 Dec 2017 – Resourcing Specialist

Hi,

Thank you for posting a review on Glassdoor regarding your interview experience at PizzaExpress. We're pleased to hear it was a positive experience!

The People Team
    PizzaExpress

Anonymous Employee in Chester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PizzaExpress (Chester, England) in June 2016.

Interview

30 Minute phone interview
    30 Minute face to face

The phone iterview came an hour and a half late due to the manager having the day off for emergency family reasons which is understandable. All that was said was can I come in the next day for a face to face and do I have certain documentation, passport, p45, bank ect, so it was hardly an interview.

The face to face I was waiting 15 minutes then the manager came out with a p46 in hand and asked me to describe myself, what I reckon the job will entail and how many hours I want to work. They then offered me the job on the spot after basically going hi this is my name and this is what I like.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?

What do you think the job entails?

How many hours would you want to work?

When can you start?   1 Answer

13 Jun 2016 – Resourcing Specialist

Hi,

Thank you for posting a review about your recruitment process at PizzaExpress. It’s great to hear your feedback!

We would like to apologise that your phone interview was an hour and a half... More

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PizzaExpress (London, England) in June 2012.

Interview

manager phoned me and invited me to the restaurant !
    interview 5 minute
    next week trial shift 10 mins
    after 2 weeks training ( just filing the paperworks )
    other week started as a normal employee

Interview Questions

• she ask 5 simple questions

1:name 2:surname 3:DOB 4 : if i know someone in pizza express 5: valid passport
      officially everything goes online but if you know someone inside questions just prosedure ..   1 Answer

5 Sep 2016 – Resourcing Specialist

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your interview experience at PizzaExpress.

We are sorry to hear you found the experience a negative one. We can confirm that some... More

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PizzaExpress (York, England) in September 2015.

Interview

After submitting online form, I had a phone interview with restaurant manager. The questions were mostly related to the submitted form - what was the challenging situation I had to overcome in my previous job (all the questions are in the online form), etc. Then I was invited to the face-to-face interview, where I had to read the task (situation from everyday restaurant life and the way how will you solve it) - really general knowledge questions.

Interview Questions

PizzaExpress Response

23 Sep 2016 – Resourcing Specialist

Hi,

Thank you for posting a review on Glassdoor about your interview experience with us. We're pleased you found it a positive experience!

The Talent Team
    PizzaExpress

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.