Pod Point Senior Full Stack Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Pod Point Senior Full Stack Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Pod Point

1.5

Senior Full Stack Developer Interview

Interview

1. Short Phone Interview
2. Cultural Interview
3. Technical Test (code at home)

I wold like to talk about the technical test.
The feedback they come back had many issues, incorrect assumptions, therefore I might think they have lack of understanding of some technologies.

I used React Hooks, and Global Hooks for stage and global stage management in the application. They come back that I am using Redux incorrectly, Yes as I was not even using Redux at all!!! Funny.

I used the currently suggested way of building React Apps, using hooks instead of Redux, I am surprised that they have not realized this at all, therefore if you work on the technical test I suggest you do not use React Hooks, functional components, you should use React/Redux approach, HOC, Props, etc.. The old way as they might not have the knowledge of hooks.
Use properly the actions, reducers and combine reducer, take care of mutation if I would suggest. (do not mutate state).

On the back-end don't forget the validation, but use the Laravel validation object instead of regex validation rules on route, as they may not notice that you not implemented this in the standard way.

Don't forget to use type hints of PHP 7
Robust testing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pod Point

Senior Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pod Point (London, England) in April 2020.

Interview

Cultural interview, followed by a tech test with I passed easily and followed by the final interview on how well I have done the test; everything went well until the final interview.

So the feedback for the test was why didn't I created validation for a single button in the form which wasn't true at all. Their form was a single on or off toggle button and nothing else. I don't believe anyone created validation for a submit form with no HTTP request at all and also validations will generate an HTTP response for a SPA app. Their docker container didn't work as well.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.