Power Home Remodeling Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Power Home Remodeling Interview Questions

Interviews at Power Home Remodeling

2.4

HR Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied and a few days later received an email saying that one of their recruiters would be reaching out to me for an interview soon. It’s been over a month and I never received a call.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling.

Interview

Got referred by a friend and then Phone interview first then they’ll call you back to have a face to face interview as well then you get told if you hired or not

Interview Questions

• About Previous jobs and what I did back then.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling.

Interview

It starts with a 30-minute call from someone explaining what the company is via a script. From this very instant, I was turned off from the company but kept going through the interview process to gain confidence in interviewing with companies. During the call, I got asked if everything sounded okay and was forwarded to a second interview. The second interview was a PowerPoint presentation about the company and what they do. Again, sounding very scripted. From here I was once again asked how everything sounded and was forwarded to my third interview with a VP in the area I would be working in. I was ghosted. All in all, I was not asked many questions about myself, but rather if I liked what the company sounded like. They informed me it was a door-to-door sales position. If I remember correctly, while they boasted a $50k starting salary, the base was about $26k.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chester, PA (US)) in January 2021.

Interview

I applied on a Friday and was shocked to receive a phone call that following Monday from a recruiter. He was very friendly. It was a standard/quick preliminary screening asking why I was looking, what I wanted etc. and giving some background info on the company.

I was scheduled for a follow up video interview. I was surprised to see that the person I would be speaking with was their VP of Marketing. I was not applying for a marketing/sales/customer service position so I was a bit confused as to why I was scheduled with them when I applied for an HR role.

At the start of the interview, I was asked to fill out a survey with my personal information (SSN, address, birthday etc.) I am familiar with tax credit surveys but I did not feel comfortable submitting that information so early on for an introductory interview, but I could not bypass the form, so I just filled in nonsense.

The woman I interviewed with was nice enough, although I could see she did seem a bit frustrated that my internet occasionally lagged as she felt the need to point it out every single time. She showed me multiple videos and in an attempt to prevent any lag, I had turned off my video while I watched, she quickly instructed me to turn the camera back on.

The interview was essentially made up of the same questions the recruiter asked me. There was no additional detail provided on the role, just videos and more information about how great the company was. At the end, she provided feedback that I was a good candidate and she enjoyed speaking with me, and to expect an answer about next steps the following week. The entire session took about 20 minutes.

I received a rejection email, oddly enough on a Saturday. I'm not sure what to make of this company as employee and customer reviews seem to be pretty split. I encourage you to read and consider ALL of the reviews, even if they are not for a job in your function. Some of them were definitely eyebrow raising but as far as the interview process its self, I am neutral on, the people I interacted with were pleasant and seemed passionate . Seems like a company you will either love or hate, that is for you to determine.

Interview Questions

• Why Power?
      What do you know about us?
      Why are you looking for a new role?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling.

Interview

Two phone interviews with a recruiter, one zoom interview with a VP a few weeks later. I was told things went well and was waiting on next steps. I never heard from them again, they ignored my follow-up emails. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Describe your relevant experience.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling in December 2020.

Interview

I was called for an initial phone screen but it ended up being an interview. Majority of the questions the recruiter asked were about where I’m looking for jobs, what roles I’m applying for, if I have any interviews, or if I have offers. It was extremely weird in my opinion that they were only asking job search related questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling.

Interview

Interview was great. Andrew was a great guy. Very thorough. He made the company sound great which it ended up being. Do not have anything but good to say about it.

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

Interview

After I applied, I received a call from a Talent Acquisition Specialist. We talked for awhile about myself and it was very casual. Waiting for next steps -- have tried emailing and it is hard to get a reply.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

If you are interviewing for a Sales Consultant position, make sure you ask questions about the training and understand exactly what is required of you throughout your training process. I had three interviews with different hiring managers. The first hiring manager told me that I would always be visiting people at their homes who had pre-set appointments and that was handled by the marketing team. During the third interview, I was then told that actually there would be a 6 week period where I would be required to "go door-to-door" in order to try and set up appointments for the sales team. I asked about the transition from this training period into the sales position and was told that transitioning into the sales position was actually contingent upon my success confirming a certain number of appointments by going door-to-door. All of this would have been totally fine had it been communicated in the first interview but instead I received mixed answers and sensed a lack of transparency. I imagine it is hard for them to recruit people to "go door to door" especially in the Covid era, and so it's possible that the recruiters gloss over it initially.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a car?
      Why are you interested in working for PHR?   Answer Question

Home Remodeling Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Power Home Remodeling (Melville, NY (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

DOOR TO DOOR SALES --------Total lack of transparency until 3rd interview. I am interviewing for a non-entry level position, why would you wait until the 3rd interview to mention that everyone must do door-to-door sales to start their career with this company. If I was interested in door to door sales I would have been looking for a door to door sales position. Apparently everyone must, I repeat must do door to door sales for 60 to 90 days before being considered for a home remodeling consultant position.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to do door to door sales? Because you have to if you would like a career with Power Home Remodeling   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.