Premier Inn Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 26 Oct 2018

2.3

Sort:

Night Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Premier Inn.

Interview

Went to the job interview which I applied for through indeed. Seemed down to earth friendly people but the job wasn't properly explained in the advertisement. In the advert it stated they needed someone to cover reception for 2 nights a week ( any nights-part time, 16 hours) I was then told it would be only weekend work. (Friday and Saturday). It also said in the advertisement I would be working at my local premier Inn and on occasion may have to travel to other hotels "local to the area" and informed me that because I'd applied through indeed i would also have to apply through their careers website for hr purposes. On the original advertisement i wasnt informed the job was a regional post and although i may be based at the one close to home i would have to travel a good diatance if needed somewhere else. She names a few of the places I may be required to work (one being 22 miles away from the one I had applying to work in). She also said she'd had a lot of interest in the job and had a lot of interviews to do over the following couple of days. I didn't end up applying for the job on their careers website as I felt the advertisement was not true to form and by filling in the application I'd be agreeing to travel in my opinion silly distances for something that was originally described as "local". The job has now been re advertised on Indeed and I can only assume a lot of people probably had the same thoughts as myself.

Interview Questions

• tell us a little bit about yourself   1 Answer
    • how would you get to work   1 Answer
    • any previous experience in the hospitality industry   1 Answer
    • explain a situation you've been in when things have got difficult with a customer.   1 Answer
    • any customer service experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Premier Inn (Halifax, England) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of an induction, in a room full of other applicants - getting to know other people and then introducing them to the rest of the room.

Then answering a few questions about past. present and aspirations.

I was then invited back for an interview and a work trial to see how I got on with the team.

I was given a phone call the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my personality and employment history.   Answer Question

Night Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Premier Inn in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the company at the beginning of August, I received a phone call the last week of November asking if I was interested in a position between the 3 local hotels, I was then asked to go for an interview, it was really informal and laid back, we discussed my past jobs and my reasons for why I left, then asked a few questions, interview lasted about 20 minutes, She then asked me if I was able to do a 2 hour 'experience' shift that weekend, I arrived on time and the person who was on reception and was meant to be showing/teaching me things didn't know I was arriving or what they was meant to do, during this 'shift' I was shown around the hotel and talked through the process on the computer for different things and explained how the system worked, I was told during my interview I would receive a call back the day after the shift to be told if I was successful for a second interview or not, I never received a call. Disappointed that they didn't call to tell me like they said they would, but seem like a good company to work for if you can get in.

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Premier Inn.

Interview

the interview was normal like any other interview that i have done before in the past. it was just in the restaurant with a manager and supervisor who asked the typical questions like what experience ive had before and why i want to work for them and also details about my availability to work. If you want to work breakfast shifts you can. they were very good that way that they let you work where you wanted. I liked bar work so they always put me on the bar shifts.

Interview Questions

Premier Inn Response

5 Jan 2016 – Company Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your interview experience. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the interview and accepted the offer made. Welcome to the team!!

We hope you’re... More

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Premier Inn (Bath, England) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked to make a presentation on the Sales of F&B and Reducing the Employee turnover. 2 Operations Manager interviewed me after the presentation. It was a good experience. The only thing was, they were merely focusing on operations whereas my points were based on the organisation as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Q: How can you increase the F&B Sales?   1 Answer

Room Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Premier Inn (Manchester, England) in February 2011.

Interview

121 chat with a manager after applying through the jobcentre. Easy questions to answer in the pleasant environment t of the hotel coffee shop. Looked over cv and had a chat rea.lly.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Premier Inn (Cardiff, Wales) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed for the post applied for which was a joint sited host at Cardiff City Centre and Cardiff North as an internal candidate with almost 3 years experience at Premier Inn, having completed Bronze Shooting stars, having a 2.1 BA Hons in Business Management and having made it to the final stage of the graduate assessment process some 2 years earlier. I was fulling conversant with all ground floor procedures and many back office procedures having held OM at my first hotel within 9 months of commencing in role and having been training towards management position at that hotel. I had been relocated to Cardiff City Centre to gain a couple of months' host training as soon as a position became available but was overlooked at every opportunity and had been waiting almost 2 years for this opportunity. The interview was conducted formally by an Operations Manager and an Assistant Operations Manager. I believe I was interviewed on this occasion in a manner which would have been consistent with my being an external candidate. However following the interview the vacancy no longer existed and I was instead offered an opportunity to be a trainee host for a period of a 3 month secondment located at one hotel after which I would return to my original hotel and wait for a host opportunity to become available if I had performed satisfactorily in the secondment. I was told when I first started that it had already been decided that I was not going to remain at the hotel and was to be sent back before I had a chance to even begin in the role. Meanwhile an external candidate was recruited without internal candidates being informed of the vacancy to a host position at my previous hotel. The whole process was a sham. I can't say that I was made an offer as I was not offered the job I applied for but a watered down excuse.

Interview Questions

• Satisfactory, they were relevant to the position and pretty standard interview questions which I can't even recall the detail of perhaps due to the fact that I discovered the whole process had been a sham.   Answer Question

Hotel Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Premier Inn.

Interview

Advert was on JobCentre website. Got application form from the hotel. Had phone call from Reception Team Leader after 2 weeks and had short interview with her, then a few weeks later a 2nd interview. 3rd interview with the Manager. Very informal.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Just talking about previous work history especially regarding contact with the public.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase, but it was several weeks between the initial interview and the one with the Manager. After that though, I started work with them within a matter of days.

Anonymous Employee in Balsall Common, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Premier Inn (Balsall Common, England) in July 2015.

Interview

It wasn't very formal was in a public place so no privacy and didn't try to get to know me as an individual felt like I was a robot didn't take into account I had voluntarily worked there for a few months and did interview during my shift

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Uttoxeter, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Premier Inn (Uttoxeter, England) in December 2013.

Interview

Sent C.V. and covering letter via email, then went for and interview. Got asked to go in again the following morning to go behind reception with the receptionist and talk to customers checking out, gave me the opportunity to look at the system used, and show my customer service skills

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.