Proofpoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Proofpoint Interview Questions

Interviews at Proofpoint

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Proofpoint in June 2020.

Interview

Red Flag #1: I applied to their Named Account Manager position two months before hearing back from the recruiter.

Red Flag #2: Their recruiter/interviewer cancelled on my within an hour of the interview and said they would send me additional times to reschedule.

Red Flag #3: Their recruiter never called/emailed back after they cancelled on me. Thanks for wasting my time Proofpoint.

Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for initial screening, followed by Zoom interview with upper management for about half hour. Second round with the team half hour each person. Sent follow up emails, but no reply. A week later, still nothing. It’s ok because I already accepted an offer at another company. Not surprised I didn’t hear back (not even a courtesy note) based on other reviews posted in here.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a challenging situation where you successfully overcame.   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview

Recruiter called me without heads up and ask if I'm still interested in the position. The first round with Hiring Manager, the second and third round to do take home and discuss the report with another team leads. Both team leads are pretty professional and nice, they ask good questions. The previous round run pretty well, I was contacted by the recruiter. Recruiter again called me without heads up and ask my current visa status. I'm H1b holder and it can be easily transferred from my current visa status, the recruiter sounds not familiar with H1b cap-exempt. After one day, I was told they move forward other candidates. From my view, it's just an excuse since I believe my previous round goes extremely well, it's good enough to ask me to the final round. I want to warn people to need visa or GC sponsorship in the futuer to think twice before applying. They can fail you due to visa status.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Medium difficulty questions, easy to talk to, convenient setup, pleasant experience, algorithms and programming questions, questions about resume, project experience, javascript, sql, python related questions, explained their product and business model

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Proofpoint.

Interview

Proofpoint has a very good interview process. Everything starts with the recruiter.
    After the recruiter I talked to the hiring manager to make sure we are on the same page what the job would require. After talking the the hiring manager you'll go through a technical screening which was basic email and network security questions. After this you'll talk to other team members before you get invited to visit their campus.
    The onsite interview is great. You'll present the solution via some homemade slides and answer question in a mock meeting. Very helpful to understand what you get ask in the job as well as it shows the team how you respond.
    After this I only quickly synced with the hiring mangers manager to make sure we are a good fit for each other.
    That's pretty much it. Not too difficult if you know your stuff.
    The recruiter was really outstanding on this one and always kept me in the loop and answered questions instantly

Interview Questions

• basic questions about security   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

9 interviews - 3 video and 6 in person + a 45 min presentation. Interviews I felt went well and feedback was very positive but then...crickets. Sent a couple of follow up emails …absolutely nothing...ever.

Interview Questions

• Some strategic questions, some tactical   2 Answers

Sales Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Proofpoint (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Although the role did not end up working out for me, I cannot express how excellent of a recruiting experience it was working with Rene Rosado at Proofpoint. In every interaction, he was open, candid, friendly, and professional. In my career, I have never worked with a recruiter as great as Rene. He's an invaluable asset to Proofpoint.

Interview Questions

• Not coming from the cybersecurity space, how would you go about getting yourself ramped up on the solutions and industry?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

1st Zoom meeting was great. The interviewer asked the standard relevant questions about software and my experience. Failed 2nd zoom meeting. 2nd interviewer was arrogant, condescending and hostile - it was obvious from the start he had some else in mind.

Interview Questions

• The first question concerned an obscure (trivial) Linux command.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

1. Call from recruiter
    2. Zoom interview (technical) with developer
    3. Call with hiring manager
    4. OnSite
    In the OnSite I got to meet with different developers/qa/managers. 45min each round 5 rounds.
    People were very nice, and manager seemed also very nice.

I received a very competitive offer, but at the end decided to go with an offer I got from a fruit company ;) as the benefits there were better.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Proofpoint (Draper, UT (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I received an email with a link to a secure connect that had a prompt for a project. I was given a week to finish a project that would test my object oriented design and understanding of data structures. After 3 weeks I got feedback on my code as well as a response saying they were going with other candidates

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.