Risk Placement Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Risk Placement Services

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Risk Placement Services

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Risk Placement Services in February 2016.

Interview

It would be helpful to post salaries online or discuss upfront before interviewing candidates. The salary range offered for this position turned out to not be anywhere near what I am making for the same position with my current company. Knowing this before the interview would have been helpful. Yes, I could have asked, but it always awkward to bring up, and I (wrongly) assumed, they would at least be competitive with what similar companies in the area are offering. Also, don't call your assistant underwriters "underwriters". Someone who does not have control a book of business, or quote new business, is not an underwriter.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Risk Placement Services (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was very simple. Mainly to get to know and get a better understanding of your work ethic. Side by side to get an idea of the work. Most of the selection process is based off of an online assessment of your analytical skills.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Risk Placement Services (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was formally interviewed and then a get to know you interview by the team in charge of the internship program. They described what their office does and included some background information on the business.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Risk Placement Services in June 2017.

Interview

They described having a multi-staged hiring process:

1. Short (~1 hour) JavaScript programming challenge/puzzle to obtain the contact info for submitting the resume.
    2. Another, more involved (~8-16 hours), programming assignment with JavaScript and ASP.NET.
    3. Review of programming assignment.
    4. Interview with senior team members etc.
    5. Job offer if all of the above goes well.

I completed the initial puzzle without any issues, and was contacted regarding the other steps of the process. I then completed and submitted my JavaScript/ASP.NET programming assignment.

After almost two weeks, I had not heard anything, so I contacted them. Had I not emailed again, I don't think they would have ever replied to me. They eventually explained that I had not been selected to continue further. I requested some amount of feedback from the review of my assignment, but they declined to give any further details. That would have been alright if this was short project. However, I had put close to 16 hours of my free time into this project, and felt that justified some amount of feedback.

The company claims that this interview process is the most efficient for everyone's time, but it really seems to be only efficient of the company's time. I felt that I had wasted 16 hours of work, without receiving any feedback regarding my project.

Just know what to expect before investing time with this company. At the very least, you'll have one more project to add to your GitHub portfolio :)

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Risk Placement Services (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed a single time via Skype by two managers. Questions centered on why do you want to work for the company and how you would best serve clients. It was relaxed and allowed me to get to know the company culture better. I would describe it as a positive experience.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Jordan, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Risk Placement Services (West Jordan, UT (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group of people who interviewed me. They were very timely on getting back to me and the next steps I needed to do in order to proceed. They were very outgoing and very nice. Asked me about my future goals and plans.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.