Robert Walters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Robert Walters Interview Questions

Interviews at Robert Walters

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Very rigorous, lengthy, multi-step interview. All in-person. Very formal, corporate environment. Met with team members, multiple team managers to determine which team I would fit with, director and head of the office. 6 rounds approximate.

Interview Questions

• All sales competency-based questions. Seeking numbers focused answers to show previous success/conversion   Answer Question

Associate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Interviewed for the position in Tokyo.
    First, I had an interview with a talent acquisition. It was a very casual interview where mostly the interviewer explaining about the company. We scheduled another interview during the interview.
    Then I had another interview with four managers in each industry at RW. This time they were looking into my sales ability and my reasoning for applying RW. Some people were easy some were a little hard.
    Third interview was with four directors in each industry. 30min each director and the whole interview took 2 hours. At this stage, they asked me hard questions like give me an example of time when…, explain me about the recruitment cycle, and so on. Some interviewer was hard that I felt like it was a stress interview. You really need to know about this job and why you can be the best in this company using your life experiences…

After a week, I heard back from them saying that I did not get the job. But they gave me reasons why they decide not to hire me which I think is great because you can take that as advise for your next interview.

Associate Consaltant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

4 skype interviews, 1 face 2 face interview at Boston Career Forum followed by a company dinner.

First Skype interview with HR, very brief and friendly.

Second skype interview with 6 directors from different departments in the company, each for 15 mins. Brief, similar to the first one

Third interview with 4 directors from the departments that I want to work for.
    Each for 30 mins. A lot more intense. Many tough questions to test your commitment in the job and adaptability.

Forth Interview was case study. Last for 1 hr 30mins. Provided instruction materials so you can prepare beforehand. They don't expect anything professional from you, focus more your energy level, communication skills, persistence and flexibility when meeting and negotiating with clients.

Fifth Interview was with a Manager. Very similar to the previous ones.

Received followed up email conforming final interview in Boston as well as the invitation to dinner a few days after.

The final interview was another case study for me, followed by many other generic questions.

The company dinner was fun, but was essentially another interview to test you social skills. Be social, talkative, smooth, and don't do anything stupid.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about our company compare to others, and what are the concerns you have for our company.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Online application of CV, Skype interview with recruiter at overseas office. No answer for a whole week so kind of hesitated to follow up but anyways sent an email to confirm if the process was still on, got a gentle rejection reply.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward, they ask you about yourself, your achievements, and some challenges you had to overcome. They also asked me about some items on my resume. They were friendly, and made you feel welcomed.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you had in life, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I ended up being interviewed over 3 weeks, 4 different times. I met with the team I would be working with and 2 directors. I was very concerned that Robert Walters' entire leadership team was made up of men and I expressed this concern to the one woman in the office who interviewed me. I was assured there are leadership opportunities but I wasn't seeing them in the office I was in.

While the overall process, for the most part, was normal and I felt I had a lot of great conversations with the team, I was quite taken aback when I ultimately decided to declined their offer.

After I delivered the news that I would be accepting an offer with a different company I was told, "you would not have been successful in this role and you won't be making as much money with that company than you would here." I though that was quite presumptuous to say, especially after they had already offered me the position. Why offer a person a position if you don't think they will be successful in the role? This, in tandem with the lack of diversity I witnessed in the office, makes me happy I ended up where I did.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working long hours?
      Describe a time when you failed and how you recovered?   Answer Question

Robert Walters Response

18 Mar 2019 – Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We take very seriously our commitment to promoting diversity at all levels of our business, and regret that you didn’t feel your experience reflected this. We were also concerned about your experience when declining our offer, and we’d like the opportunity to find out more so that we can investigate. Please feel free to contact us at hr.admin@robertwalters.com so that we can arrange a confidential discussion.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters in March 2019.

Interview

Fairly fact finding call initially, then a face to face with the internal recruiter followed by 2 managers. I was then invited back to do a presentation. The presentation was a good way to get a feel for what I would be doing on a daily basis, it was hard but I enjoyed the task.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Walters (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

First, with the talent acquisition team.
    Second, with some of the directors and managers of the company.
    Third, with the manager/director of different division.
    Forth, final interview with the leader of the division team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a recruitment consultant?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Walters (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Was a good first introduction to the staff. Met four members, including site director and supervisor. They were friendly, but site director and supervisor seemed uninterested before they walked into the room.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Walters (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I had to share my experience. This is an extremely unprofessional firm. They will waste your time and not provide definite answers as to start dates/job openings. Do yourself a favor and avoid them at all cost!!!

Interview Questions

Robert Walters Response

3 Aug 2018 – HR

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with us. We strive to provide clear communication at every stage of our interview process, but it sounds like we haven’t met our usual high standards here. I’m really sorry about that and I’d appreciate the opportunity to find out more about your experience and identify where we can make improvements. Please feel free to reach out to me in confidence at janet.alden-rahi@robertwalters.com. Many thanks, Janet Alden-Rahi, Human Resources Manager - US & Canada.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.