Royal Air Force Interview Questions

Updated 30 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 47 of over 47 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Royal Air Force

Royal Air Force

Application

I interviewed at Royal Air Force

Interview

Cool c'était pas trop mal de discuter avec les responsables de l'équipe de direction. Je suis très content de savoir que vous êtes toujours intéressé par la suite. Je vous remercie pour votre compréhension et vous souhaite une bonne journée et une bonne fin d'après-midi.

Interview Questions
  • Pkoi vous ?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (London, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Multi stage process, consisting of psychometric test, medical and interviews. you must pass each stage with the minimum requirements for your chosen branch or trade. you will then go on to the next stage, there is normally a waiting process so you have time where possible to prepare for the next stage, you will then get an intake date.

Interview Questions
  • What Branch are you interested in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranwell, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (Cranwell, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

Applied two years ago! Process is ridiculously long. That said, I passed EVERY hurdle without issues until I attended the OASC. To my knowledge I passed the planning exercise, group activities and group discussions but was interviewed at the last stage by a shockingly overweight officer who had no interest in myself or much of her own job. I mention weight only because fitness is part of their ethos and a fitness test much be conducted during the application. However, why should applicants be made to undertake a fitness test when I'm interviewed and lectured by someone extremely overweight!? My candidate support manager was switched a good 4 times and I never had an issue with them all except 1 as this individual was very rude and again had no interest in recruitment. He refused to give out information and answer questions regarding the RAF as he stated "you are encouraged to research yourself instead of asking minor questions". I assured him that I took every effort to research answers myself but the Internet only confused me more. After all this I reviewed a rather sharp letter stating I was not recommended and when I asked what more can I do, I was simply informed that I must wait 12 months before reapplying and must go through the ENTIRE process again!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me what current operations are going on?

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (Birmingham, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

Starts with a selection test where you are tested on different aspects to check you are best suited for the role. After wards you are then brought into a room with the interviewer where they discuss the results and then ask you some questions.

Interview Questions
  • Give some examples of the current uk armed forces deployments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (New Delhi) in Jan 2020

Interview

Teli call, f2f, md round. Then lettter of joing is realeased for joining. Teli call, f2f, md round. Then lettter of joing is realeased for joining. Teli call, f2f, md round. Then lettter of joing is realeased for joining.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Royal Air Force

Application

I applied online. The process took 11 months. I interviewed at Royal Air Force in Jan 2020

Interview

Really helpful and interesting process - it's a very long process but well worth it in the long run. They offered me a start date for 2021 and I'm excited to join.

Interview Questions
  • IS this the role you really want to do?

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (Birmingham, England, England)

Interview

Long winded. Numerous interviews the! 9/11 weeks of training, following by another 12 months of technical training. Basic interview questioning on why you want to join the RAF, about yourself and what you want to do in the future.

Interview Questions
  • Basic interview questioning on why you want to join the RAF, about yourself and what you want to do in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sleaford, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (Sleaford, England, England) in Sep 2019

Interview

God help the United Kingdom should we ever have to fight a war. Remained in the application process for nearly 2 years, still awaiting a result (15/04/2021). Gross incompetence blamed on COVID. Applied in June 2019. First 8 months where reasonable in terms of progress with x2 interviews, a medical and fitness assessment completed by Feb 2020. The next step was a OASC selection day at RAF Cranwell. Orginally booked for April, moved back to August due to lockdowns. Understandable. I successfully completed the OASC in August, however I did not find out this result until January. An unacceptable and unprofessional 5 month wait for a simple pass/fail which others on the assessment received within less than 7 days. Due to this substantial delay, my medical and fitness assessments had expired, therefore had to be reassessed locally and on the phone. After a drawn out medical assessment I am still awaiting a result 4 weeks later, as well as confirmation around reassessment fitness requirements, despite having a pre training visit and training booked. Grossly inefficient system which needs to thoroughly review and modernise. Applied into an engineering role (something which is regularly advertised due to shortages) and was told this would take approx 6 months. If this where true I would have started training pre COVID. Advice to others. Apply preemptively or expect a long delay. Advice to Glassdoor. Why is the timescale limited to 12 months?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranwell, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (Cranwell, England, England) in Sep 2019

Interview

After a filter interview at my local recruitment agency there was an intensive two day selection process. The first day was mostly team building exercises designed to evaluate your leadership and teamwork skills. The second day comprised an intensive interview, provided that you passed the first days selection.

Interview Questions
  • Can you name some of the QRA bases in the UK?

Royal Air Force

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Royal Air Force

Interview

Good long time ago i interviewed so hard to say what it is like now. Medical and fitness test. Aptitude tests. Can be a long process . must like being away from home a lot

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Interviews