Royal Air Force Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 51 of over 51 interviews

Recruiter12%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Royal Air Force

Application

I interviewed at Royal Air Force

Interview

Online application, about 10 different stages to get through until job offer, medical and fitness tests, group presentations to watch and participate in and interviews. done online because of COVID

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose this role ?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (Cardiff, Wales)

Interview

The recruiter will try to push towards whatever trade is currently undermanned. If you know what you want, stick to your guns and if needs be wait it out until your desired trade becomes available.

Interview Questions
  • Can i name any current operations and what aircraft are based at what stations.

Royal Air Force

Application

I interviewed at Royal Air Force

Interview

Cool c'était pas trop mal de discuter avec les responsables de l'équipe de direction. Je suis très content de savoir que vous êtes toujours intéressé par la suite. Je vous remercie pour votre compréhension et vous souhaite une bonne journée et une bonne fin d'après-midi.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Royal Air Force

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Royal Air Force in Mar 2021

Interview

Applied online in February, offered a phone interview by the interviewing Corporal in March 2021. The interview is in two parts: A. about you, your career story to date, sports clubs, qualifications, milestones, adventure activities (if you're coming straight from college or sixth form don't worry as this is more about what achievements you have made to date). B. why do YOU want to join the RAF? what is your motivation? I was always obsessed with aircraft and the military from a young age which is why I studied Aerospace Engineer etc... Make sure you have a ground knowledge in what aircraft the RAF operate and learn at least 4-5 flying stations in the UK and abroad. Also important: the Corporal will ask for your knowledge on current events in the news so make sure you read and keep up to date with news both in the UK and Globally as they will also ask for your opinion on these topics. Also make sure you read up on RAF air doctrine as questions will be asked on this.

Interview Questions
  • What are the three elements of air power?

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Multi stage process, consisting of psychometric test, medical and interviews. you must pass each stage with the minimum requirements for your chosen branch or trade. you will then go on to the next stage, there is normally a waiting process so you have time where possible to prepare for the next stage, you will then get an intake date.

Interview Questions
  • What Branch are you interested in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranwell, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (Cranwell, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

Applied two years ago! Process is ridiculously long. That said, I passed EVERY hurdle without issues until I attended the OASC. To my knowledge I passed the planning exercise, group activities and group discussions but was interviewed at the last stage by a shockingly overweight officer who had no interest in myself or much of her own job. I mention weight only because fitness is part of their ethos and a fitness test much be conducted during the application. However, why should applicants be made to undertake a fitness test when I'm interviewed and lectured by someone extremely overweight!? My candidate support manager was switched a good 4 times and I never had an issue with them all except 1 as this individual was very rude and again had no interest in recruitment. He refused to give out information and answer questions regarding the RAF as he stated "you are encouraged to research yourself instead of asking minor questions". I assured him that I took every effort to research answers myself but the Internet only confused me more. After all this I reviewed a rather sharp letter stating I was not recommended and when I asked what more can I do, I was simply informed that I must wait 12 months before reapplying and must go through the ENTIRE process again!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me what current operations are going on?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (New Delhi) in Jan 2020

Interview

Teli call, f2f, md round. Then lettter of joing is realeased for joining. Teli call, f2f, md round. Then lettter of joing is realeased for joining. Teli call, f2f, md round. Then lettter of joing is realeased for joining.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Royal Air Force

Application

I applied online. The process took 11 months. I interviewed at Royal Air Force in Jan 2020

Interview

Really helpful and interesting process - it's a very long process but well worth it in the long run. They offered me a start date for 2021 and I'm excited to join.

Interview Questions
  • IS this the role you really want to do?

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (Birmingham, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

Starts with a selection test where you are tested on different aspects to check you are best suited for the role. After wards you are then brought into a room with the interviewer where they discuss the results and then ask you some questions.

Interview Questions
  • Give some examples of the current uk armed forces deployments.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (Birmingham, England)

Interview

Long winded. Numerous interviews the! 9/11 weeks of training, following by another 12 months of technical training. Basic interview questioning on why you want to join the RAF, about yourself and what you want to do in the future.

Interview Questions
  • Basic interview questioning on why you want to join the RAF, about yourself and what you want to do in the future.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 51 Interviews