Royal Air Force Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Royal Air Force Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal Air Force

3.4

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Air Force in March 2011.

Interview

easy peasey. walked in, did an aptitude test, and after a while got a personal interview where they told me I could apply for any trade. the interviewer was friendly and steered me away from the worst trades, I would love to re join, would recommend to any young person.

Raf Police Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranwell, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (Cranwell, England) in October 2020.

Interview

Applied two years ago! Process is ridiculously long. That said, I passed EVERY hurdle without issues until I attended the OASC. To my knowledge I passed the planning exercise, group activities and group discussions but was interviewed at the last stage by a shockingly overweight officer who had no interest in myself or much of her own job. I mention weight only because fitness is part of their ethos and a fitness test much be conducted during the application. However, why should applicants be made to undertake a fitness test when I'm interviewed and lectured by someone extremely overweight!? My candidate support manager was switched a good 4 times and I never had an issue with them all except 1 as this individual was very rude and again had no interest in recruitment. He refused to give out information and answer questions regarding the RAF as he stated "you are encouraged to research yourself instead of asking minor questions". I assured him that I took every effort to research answers myself but the Internet only confused me more. After all this I reviewed a rather sharp letter stating I was not recommended and when I asked what more can I do, I was simply informed that I must wait 12 months before reapplying and must go through the ENTIRE process again!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what current operations are going on?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (New Delhi (India)) in January 2020.

Interview

Teli call, f2f, md round. Then lettter of joing is realeased for joining. Teli call, f2f, md round. Then lettter of joing is realeased for joining. Teli call, f2f, md round. Then lettter of joing is realeased for joining.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Royal Air Force in January 2020.

Interview

Really helpful and interesting process - it's a very long process but well worth it in the long run. They offered me a start date for 2021 and I'm excited to join.

Interview Questions

• IS this the role you really want to do?   1 Answer

ICT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (Birmingham, England).

Interview

Long winded. Numerous interviews the! 9/11 weeks of training, following by another 12 months of technical training.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questioning on why you want to join the RAF, about yourself and what you want to do in the future.   1 Answer

RAF Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranwell, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (Cranwell, England) in September 2019.

Interview

After a filter interview at my local recruitment agency there was an intensive two day selection process. The first day was mostly team building exercises designed to evaluate your leadership and teamwork skills. The second day comprised an intensive interview, provided that you passed the first days selection.

Interview Questions

• Can you name some of the QRA bases in the UK?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Royal Air Force.

Interview

Good long time ago i interviewed so hard to say what it is like now. Medical and fitness test. Aptitude tests. Can be a long process . must like being away from home a lot

Air Cartographer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Royal Air Force.

Interview

2 day specialist interview on site. experiencing the different aspects of work as an air cartographer. understanding that as an air cartographer you will not be posted around the Air Force.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Royal Air Force (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Friendly personnel, can be on the same day as the initial test. They expect you to have general knowledge of the raf and know what role you are wanting to go into with a brief explanation of that role.

Logistics Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Royal Air Force in November 2018.

Interview

The filter interview was much tougher than it was let on to be in the P2 Presentation.

Interview did not start off well as I did not turn up with the right ID documents or admin. The interviewer listed many documents that, from my P2 Presentation, I was not informed to bring. So make sure you contact your local recruitment centre to double check documents before interview.

The interview lasted just over one hour (not 45mins). I would say that it was split into three sections: 1) is about you 2) about the RAF 3) current affairs. I found the section about the RAF the most difficult as I was asked questions like, 'What is the name of a RAF base situated in Lincoln and what is it's role?' I did not realise I needed to know specific name bases, I only knew the generic ones and ones that were near me.

During the interview, I was thrown off by the first question of, 'describe what responsibilities you had between the aged of 11-16 years old?' I found it difficult to come up with examples of when I was so young, so make sure you are prepared for those early responsibility questions.

Was asked, 'what is the definition of air power? What are the characteristics of air power?' I found these questions hard to answer on the top of my head. The answer was actually a lot easier than I thought it was in the interview.

Was also asked, 'what is a future aircraft that is being built currently in the RAF?' I only researched one current aircraft and I was also asked to give more examples of current aircraft.

Was also asked, 'what was the last country to join NATO?' These sort of questions, if you know the answer you know, if you don't it shows.

Current Affairs section was really nice. Make sure you are ready to be grilled on your opinion and why you are arguing your point. Be ready to support your argument with evidence and statistics.

Interview Questions

• describe what responsibilities you had between the aged of 11-16 years old?   Answer Question
    • What is the definition of air power? What are the characteristics of air power?   Answer Question
    • what is a future aircraft that is being built currently in the RAF?   Answer Question
    • what was the last country to join NATO?   Answer Question
    • What is the name of a RAF base situated in Lincoln and what is it's role?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.