Ryanair Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ryanair Interview Questions

Interviews at Ryanair

2.1

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greece, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryanair (Greece, NY (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was in a friendly environment. They recruiter helped us to feel comfortable. There were 12 people in class and from them only 3 have got an offer to be hired. Eight were girls and four were boys.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be flight attendant?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ryanair (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First, is online process (easy)
    Second, they will invite you for Open Day
    Third, all day in a hotel doing some english grammar exercises, questions and personal interviews. The recruiter was nice and always she replied properly all our questions.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryanair in May 2014.

Interview

One on sight technical multiple choice exam. Pretty normal Java core questions, some of them tricky. Those were about the use of data structures, equals and hash code, threads. A couple of Spring as well.
    Second technical interview with one of the Java Senior developers. Really nice guy, again ping pong of technical questions on Java core, then some about Spring AOP, Maven, git. Nothing really complicated.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected one, what is the difference between SVN and GIT. Is not that I didn't know the answer, but my mind went blank.   Answer Question

Didn't offered what I was asking for. Also, it seemed to me by the interview with HR they work under pressure and change the requirements during the Sprint.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryanair.

Interview

I applied online. HR woman from Ryanair called me and asked first question "how much do you want to earn?". Next she send me technical test, which was very easy but needed much time to solve. Next I had meeting with two testers with only 6 months experience. They asked me many questions about my experience, tools, approach and my test solution. It took over 60min. I answer them every questions because I have experience at this field, it was easy. They started ask me about some_software_tool which they didn't know at all. I told everything I know, how to use it and how to setup. After meeting there was no response at all from the company. I think they wanted only gather information for free and use some_software_tool in their environment, because they told me they have never used it yet. I don't recomend this company I only lost my time and didn't get any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you know about some_software_tool, how to setup? how to use it?   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ryanair.

Interview

A verbal interview/discussion was done with the Recruiter and some members of the Development team in their offices. The next day I received a simple technical test, which was required to build part of a reservation system. I did the test according to the specifications and send it on time.

After 3 weeks, I received their decision not to continue with the process. There was no feedback about my performance on the test, which I would happily accept and use it to improve myself.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ryanair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I was invited to have face to face interview at ryanair's office in swords dublin for .net developer role.
    I was interviewed by 1 senior and 1 junior developer, the interview went pretty smooth, we talked about my general .net experience. There were many technical questions related to web api and multi threading. I received a positive feedback the following day saying that I nailed the interview and that my skills in .net was pretty strong.

They then asked me to create a simple reservation system which they expected to be finish within 3 days. After 3 days I did finished the system and gave them the best code I could ever write.

After a week, I received negative feedback about the code I've written and that they will not progress my application. I suspect the person evaluating my code does not aware of the architecture I have used to build the system and quickly jumped into a conclusion that the project structured was weird. I was pretty disappointed that they did not call me to ask further details why I choose that architecture they believed is weird, I could have defend my side and state the advantages of my chosen architecture.

My advise is that, if they are not familiar with the architecture chosen by the candidate, they should call to ask further details rather than quickly jumping into a conclusion that its a bad architecture and immediately turn down candidate's application.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ryanair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Applied through Linkedin. They called me 2 days after I applied. Then we schedule the interview with managers. They were really cool and they went through my CV. The whole process took around 3 weeks.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porto, Oporto (Portugal)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ryanair (Porto, Oporto (Portugal)) in November 2008.

Interview

very easy you only need to know english.

Interview Questions

• my interview was very easy as I only had to have a small conversation with one of the selectors, but I heard that now they have a written test in english.   Answer Question

Negotiation

didn't have

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ryanair (Prague (Czech Republic)) in June 2010.

Interview

You have to apply online and you choose where do you want to have the interview (they have on the website of the company who is hiring people for the airline). On the day of interview when you get there you have to sign form that you are attending the interview. Than they will give you overall information about the job and the company. Than you will do skill test for english, you will have to fill health questionaire and than you have interview with one of the people who are hiring for the job. Than they will tell you that they will give you an answer through email. And I don't know now how long till they will give you an answer.

Interview Questions

• Maybe for me the most difficult question was if I am flexible to be allocated on the base they will choose. In the interview form of I don't know how is it called now you can choose where do you want to be based. But they will still ask you this question and at the moment you actually not sure especially if it's somebody's first job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

When I got the offer I was excited that I have a job. You can than choose where do you want to have the course for the job. That's pretty good thing, the course can be even in your city so it's good thing. I would give advice to everyone first think carefully if you really want the job. If you think you have what it takes to do this job.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ryanair (Lisbon (Portugal)) in July 2015.

Interview

It's a very simple process. Firstly, they give you a writing exam and then only if you pass it will they talk to you about the company. After that, there's a personal interview (and at the same time a listening exam and they also evaluate your talking) and they contact you in 21 days.

The thing is: the conditions are very, very bad! I would advise you to try some other companies first!

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty much CV related such as:
      - What happen that you had to go from a job to another? Were you fired?
      - I see you have a gap here, what were you doing?
      (In my case because I still haven't finish my Master's degree, they asked me if I was willing to quit my studies and work for them)
      They also asked other stuff like:
      - Why do you want to be a member of the cabin crew?
      - Why did you chose our company?
      - What is the job of a flight attendant?
      - Do you have any visible tattoos?
      - Do you wear glasses and if so are you willing to use only contacts?
      - Ever you ever been arrested?
      Etc.
      In the end they will read you a small text and ask you some questions about it. Don't worry! It's very easy, just pay attention!   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.