SABIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at SABIC

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SABIC (Chennai (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Here is the process:

Online Assessment: you’ll be asked to take an online test to assess your technical skills.
    Phone Interview: you’ll have 1–3 phone interviews with recruiter, possibly the hiring manager, and fellow team members.
    If you pass phone interview, you’ll move to the onsite interviews. You’re likely to have 4–6 interviews during the day, including lunch interview. (Please note the lunch conversation is an interview. It might be casual but please be professional and eat a salad while you’re talking.)
    The questions you’ll be asked during phone interviews and onsite interviews will include both technical questions and behavioral questions.
    For technical questions, be prepared for coding questions, data structure and algorithm questions.
    For behavior/soft questions, which is absolutely critical to land a job at Amazon, you need to understand Amazon Leadership Principles and be able to relate to them with your own specific examples from your past experience.
    For all of the above, please read How to Get a Job At Amazon. I have been coaching and doing this for a long time. I give you a comprehensive framework to set you onto the right path.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I interviewed at SABIC (Houston, TX (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Did two phone interviews and was asked to come in the office for an in person interview. After studying for weeks for the interview they called and cancelled 4 hours before the interview was to begin, stating that something came up with the hiring managers I just do not think that was professional at all. I mean who does that and they did not reschedule the interview. That is bad business for a company to neglect someones time like that especially without a valid reason.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SABIC in January 2018.

Interview

Each step was fairly easy. Phone interview with the hiring manager. Pass that and you go into the office, interview with several others plus hiring manager again. They are trying so hard, to interview so many people for so many positions I don't think they are able to figure out what they are doing as far as making any decisions. The same positions keep getting posted again and again and again.

Interview Questions

• Expect the basic behavioral questions, esp from the panel interview with HR.   Answer Question

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SABIC (Albany, NY (US)).

Interview

Day long interview. Flew me to the location, paid for hotel, meals, rental car, etc. Another person interviewing for the same position was there too. This seemed a little awkward a first, but it makes sense to do. After the interview it took a while for them to get back to me. They were undergoing a restructuring of the department at the time and hired no one for the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever missed a deadline, and if so what did you do?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Michiana, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SABIC (Michiana, MI (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very professional environment and warm staff. Everything was handled in a timely manner and communication was always very prompt. Offer was made to me within a week and a half and very well laid out compensation package.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SABIC (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is extreme over kill considering I had five one on one interview sessions before I was offered the position,

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult considering they were all the standard what would you do type.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate however once I factored in the employer paid comps it more than makes sense to take the offer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Selkirk, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SABIC (Selkirk, NY (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied through my college's online application system. The interview was conducted by an alumni so it wasn't too intimidating. I thought the interview went decent and I ended up getting an offer. Questions are pretty straight forward and related to work ethic, skills, interests, experience, etc....no brainteasers. Working there now the people are great and the work culture is awesome. The interviewer reflected well the environment of the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was my first internship and paid technical position so I didn't feel I had any choice in negotiating

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SABIC (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

3 interviews that covered skills and behavioral topics. The interview was not particularly challenging but the hiring manager asked several thought provoking questions. I was asked about primary and tangential industries and how they related to SABIC.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SABIC in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call from HR first and then a call from team member. The interview was mostly around data mining and machine learning concepts. I could answer everything. But I think they were looking for PHD candidate. The interviewer was a little cold and he did not react to my answers. He was from a chemistry background so did not know much about the machine learning details. In the end he described about the manufacturing unit and the location where they work.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SABIC in May 2014.

Interview

Internship process is standard. Phone screening took place about a week after I applied. Second phone interview was a week after. They won't ask you any questions you aren't prepared for. Standard behavior and technical questions that you have heard countless times. I was sent an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a group project you have worked on. What were some of the problems that occurred and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SABIC (Huntersville, NC (US)).

Interview

I interviewed in 3 rounds, there were a lot of repeat questions. I got to meet a series of managers in my interview. I was not aware of which position I would hold when I was interviewing.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about my experience and skills. They also asked a lot of personality questions, as there are several diverse teams.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.