SCIEX Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SCIEX Interview Questions

Interviews at SCIEX

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SCIEX in March 2019.

Interview

Interview process was not the best because they did not take my background into consideration. I would hope a company like this would have done better in reviewing the applicants background before making the decision

Interview Questions

• Market Strategy questions, Expectations on the first day   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SCIEX (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Brief screening with HR then 1 week later 1 hour phone interview with hiring manager (district manager). 5 additional phone interviews with "team" which was extremely unorganized and informal at times. Entire process took over 1 month and they didn't even give a chance to get to know me or my in depth knowledge. Their loss on a great employee.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

It took them forever to process the reimbursement. I interviewed there in March and now it is the end of May, and I haven’t heard anything from them regarding my reimbursement. Very disappointing!

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SCIEX in March 2018.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with a recruiting agency to start the process. During the call, the recruiter asked several questions relating to my background and experience. I also had the opportunity to ask some questions about the company. Overall, it was a good experience, even though I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me some more about your current work experience?   Answer Question

Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SCIEX (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Long , intense but at the same time it was very friendly interview . We spoke mostly what they are looking for in a candidate for this role and what challenges they have right now.

Interview Questions

• How your skills would contribute to Sciex success.   1 Answer

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCIEX (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process wasn't to difficult and was very relaxed. The manager and I met and had great conversation all while getting a feel for the company and it's goals. From the start I could tell it was a company that cared for it's employees greatly.

Interview Questions

• What kind of cleaning have you done during the daily maintenance?   1 Answer

SCA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SCIEX (Redwood City, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by direct interview, it was really easy if you're willing to accept less money then you are good. They usually like to give the money to their family members and I know because I have asked.

Interview Questions

• 5 Years? The basics questions etc.   1 Answer

Applications Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SCIEX (Framingham, MA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Introduced personal background and shared thoughts on the platform Sciex provided for potential customers. Got information on the role, company's plan and talk to other senior employees about the job role. Shared with my personal information on the particular fields that could improve the overall platform

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SCIEX in March 2014.

Interview

Took a while starting from phone interviews, personal interview, HR phone interview, computer based personality test, another phone interview - total process took ~6 months but was in between delayed becaused of unexpected circumstances. Probably usually it would have been done in 3-4 months.

The computer based personality test was a classical psychological thing - relationship towards risks, how do you treat people, etc. The personal as well as the phone interview with the GM's were very informal, the phone interview with HR more a formal one.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Interestingly the interview transformed into some form of coaching discussion for a reason I learned later. Therefore the interview was probably a bit atypical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Partial home office work due to long commuting distance so that I am not bound to travel on Sunday eve or Friday aft.

Senior Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SCIEX (Redwood City, CA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Telephone interviews help accelerate the process with the hiring managers and also enable one to meet with hiring managers across diverse functions e.g. engineering, professional services, HR. Personality quiz was illuminating and fun - - you learn more about yourself and how you are perceived. You also hone in on your priorities e.g. career acceleration (manager, promotions etc.) or team colleague (taking on more interesting projects, focused more on product improvement vs. managing others).

Interviews were in-depth but not exhaustive e.g. great dialogues with hiring managers to learn their priorities and how you could make an immediate impact and what strategies would work well for them. Additionally, you learn their style e.g. F2F, email, phone. You also glean deeper insights into the company culture and if it's aligned with your values.

The onsite interviews allow you to see how spectacular the office space is, sense the company energy and imagine how you'd fit and witness how others interact.

Interview Questions

• If you assumed this role, how could we help you be successful?   1 Answer
    • How would you initiate your lead, manage the recruitment effort?   1 Answer
    • What are some sources for identifying/building a talent pool?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked with remote teams?   1 Answer
    • What levels of roles have you staffed?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.