SayABC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SayABC Interview Questions

Interviews at SayABC

2.5

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SayABC.

Interview

Very fast and easy. Application....recorded demo.....self study modules....mentor class....kids class.....contract...start teaching. Classes booked within two weeks of contract acceptance. Very fast to fill all my spots.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and education? Why would you like to work for us? What can you offer us? How would you teach a young child vs an older student differently?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SayABC (Louisville, KY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

You will submit a video of yourself teaching a lesson and they review it and decide if the job is right for you. You are able to practice ahead of time

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SayABC.

Interview

I recorded a demo on my own and submitted it to SayABC. I received an email about a week later that I had passed and the next step was to set up a live mentoring session. I had quite a bit of difficulty setting that up with my assigned manager (they call it something different but I can't think of the term at the moment) through skype as she would often not respond to messages and then respond days later saying she received hundreds of messages and couldn't keep up. When I finally was able to get through to her she told me I needed to do about 3 hours of self study BEFORE the live mentoring. I could have been doing this in the weeks I was waiting to set up the mentoring session due to slow responses, however I did not know about it. I spent the next few days going through that process and then contacted my manager again, and again it took quite a while to get a response from her. I even had to contact other people at the company, to again finally get a simple Skype response. She then instructed me how to set up the live mentoring session, which I did. The session was with another gentleman who I think is a teacher there as well. He was helpful and it went well. He emailed me immediately after explaining the next step was to set up the actual demo class with students, which is supposed to be the final step before you are hired or not. I was glad to go to their website and do this, however according to their website they were still reviewing my original interview and would get back to my soon,. This was obviously not true, as I had already passed through all the other steps. I tried to contact my manager, who surprise surprise, did not respond. I emailed the teacher I did the live mentoring session with immediately, he didn't respond. I emailed others, just about every email I could find, no response. Days later I finally got a hold of the manager, who explained to me that they had already met their quota for the month and she could schedule me a month later, and oh by the way, she's now reviewed my original interview (for the first time apparently?) and I need a lot of improvement and I basically will never get hired with the current skills I have. Wow so I jump through all of your hoops, pass through all of the steps except the final one, and spend a good amount of my time and energy to do this, only to find out I apparently wasn't good enough for them from the get go? Do you think they maybe could have told me this a week after receiving my original submission, so I did not spend all this time doing the other stuff? Absolutely horrible treatment, the company needs A LOT of improvement with this. Use caution before you go through all the hoops.

9 May 2019 – International recruitment manager

Hi Teacher! Thank you for your feedback, happy teaching!

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SayABC in December 2018.

Interview

Insane quick. Very easy. They respond quickly and require little from you. You just need your resume, bachelor’s, TESOL/TEFL certification, and then a demo class (they provide). It is very easy. They help you as much as possible and provide you with a mentor to assist in the hiring process.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SayABC (Miami, FL (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

application, interview/demo, mentor class, evaluation, contract. Make sure you're energetic, lots of smiling and have props and an appropriate kid-friendly background. Lighting is very important. Make sure you're in a bright clear area so you can be seen via Skype for interview

Interview Questions

SayABC Response

12 May 2019 – International recruitment manager

Hi Teacher, Thank you for sharing your interview tips here. Happy teaching!

ESL Online Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SayABC (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Step 1 fill out application
    step 2 do an online interview
    step 3 have an experienced teacher do a mentorship
    step 4 do a sample class

Interview Questions

• Experience as a teacher
      experience as an online teacher
      schedule availability   1 Answer

ESL Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SayABC.

Interview

The process begins with an online application, then a video interview with a live demo (materials provided in advance), then a 1-hour mentoring session, and lastly an evaluation class (live with 4 students).

Interview Questions

SayABC Response

12 May 2019 – International recruitment manager

Hi Teacher, Thank you for sharing your interview experience here! Happy teaching!

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SayABC.

Interview

I started the application process and heard from them immediately- twice, encouraging me to either do a demo or schedule a demo/interview. I did the demo then checked back (the website) within two days and saw that they deleted it. No one bothered to write me a letter saying why I was rejected. I believe they discriminated against me because of my color and my religion.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember all the questions. There were about 3 questions asking me to talk about myself.   Answer Question

12 May 2019 – International recruitment manager

Hi Teacher, Thank you for sharing your experience here! SayABC reviews demo class after the interview, and decides to select teacher who suits the job best based on teaching skills and demo class performance.

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at SayABC (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

There is a short interview where yo are asked about your experience teaching and teaching online classes. You conduct a mock classroom. You can choose the age group of students for the mock class.

Interview Questions

SayABC Response

12 May 2019 – International recruitment manager

Hi Teacher, Thank you for sharing your interview experience here. Happy teaching!

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SayABC in August 2018.

Interview

Last fall it was a multi step process of application that consisted of the personal interview, teaching a mock class followed by a mentor hour. The people were all wonderfully kind even though I was unbelievably nervous. Learning to navigate the multiple classroom functions within the mock class was a new challenging task then, but it is now second nature almost 9 months later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what are your weaknesses?   1 Answer

9 May 2019 – International recruitment manager

Hi Teacher! Thank you for your feedback, happy teaching!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.