Screwfix Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Screwfix

2.4

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bishop Auckland, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Screwfix (Bishop Auckland, England) in January 2021.

Interview

I applied and about a week later had a phone to ask if I was available for an interview the following Monday. I was then phoned by the store manager who explained that there was 2 interviews and the telephone interview was a more formal one, and only 5 candidates would be invited into the store for a tour and a few more questions. I was asked a few questions and stumbled my way through them but the interviewer was really nice. Then told me about uniforms and things and we discussed my availability. He said he’d ring back the following afternoon/evening to let me know how I’d done. The next day he quickly rang and said I wasn’t successful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you found difficult   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to build a relationship with someone at work   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself (first question- wasn’t really stated as a question)   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you handled a difficult situation over a period of time.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Very simple. They ask a mix of skills, experience and scenario based questions. Fairly informal process from my experience. Definitely recommend applying for this role even with no previous experience in the industry.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (London, England) in November 2020.

Interview

Applied originally online. Then I received a phone call inviting me to do a phone interview later that day. Phone interview lasting about 30-40 minutes where competency and situational questions were asked. Received a phone call stating that my phone interview as successful and was invited to in-person interview at store.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies/interests?
      Can you describe a time where you dealt with a difficult costumer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Screwfix (Luton, South West England, England) in November 2020.

Interview

They schedule a telephone interview; face to face afterwards.
    - Standard retail questions with a few competency/scenarios based questions.
    - Prepare for interview by searching up most commonly asked questions. You could memorise most commonly asked questions such as Why do you want to work here?

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to this company?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Screwfix (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2020.

Interview

After being contacted directly via Linkeden by a Retail Recruitment Partner and being asked if I was interest in the role. I did my research and formally submitted my application.

I then received an invite to a to begin the interview process. I gave my availability and received no call. Instead the sent a no-reply email saying that they could not get in contact with me and had now taken me out of the running for the role even though I had been in direct contact.

After emailing the supplied email contact point and the contacting the Recruitment Partner directly as they had spoken directly to me.

I have been left out in the cold and the role is still being actively being recruited for .
    All in all it has been an odd experience showing how even someone at even at such a high level some recruiters still get it wrong

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Screwfix.

Interview

Sat down with 2 managers and was a really light hearted interview, both were really kind and made sure that I wasn't nervous. Asked a few typical questions, with the other manager making notes on what you say. The time it takes them to write gives you enough time to prepare for the following questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

First applied on line, then I received e-mail with the date of interview.
    The phone interview was with very nice lady, and it lasted about 15 minutes. Standard managerial interview questions.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Screwfix (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2020.

Interview

Apply online on Screwfix website. Received a email saying the hiring manager wanted to organise a phone interview. Phone interview lasted around 40 minutes, I was then asked to attend a face to face interview and to be shown around the warehouse. An hour later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you flexible to work short notice.   1 Answer

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Screwfix (Peterborough, England) in October 2020.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the Branch Manager followed by a second interview in person walking the warehouse/trade counter. The interview had all the standard questions - a lot of giving examples when you've worked as a team, done good customer service etc. With covid restrictions the in person interview required a mask, and was conducted while in the warehouse area being shown around instead of shut in a small non-ventilated office room.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix (Glasgow, Scotland) in October 2020.

Interview

Straight forward Interview due to the current situation the interview was held in the warehouse rather then an office which made it a more relax experience. Only lasted about 30 minute or so

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.