Screwfix Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 171 of over 171 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Screwfix

Application

I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

Interview was well structured, friendly and to the point. The interviewers were to the point and direct with what they wanted and asked appropriate questions. Interview was well structured, friendly and to the point. The interviewers were to the point and direct with what they wanted and asked appropriate questions.

Interview Questions
  • There was not just one thing.
    Answer Question

Screwfix

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

Initial phone calls asking for experience in customer service. Face to face interview asked more in depth questions about customer service and working in a shop with targets. Both were very relaxed in my experience

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you've had a complaint from a customer and how did you deal with it

Screwfix

Application

I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

One interview round with manager and human resource assistant. It felt more like an open conversation than question and answer style interview. One task to be completed then I heard back in the same day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Screwfix

Application

I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

Online assessments were simple and the job simulation was quite different from things I’ve done before but very straightforward Had a telephone interview with basic competency questions and in person interview with manager was very casual and not difficult

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you’ve had to work in a team to solve a problem

Screwfix

Application

I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

Very straight forward interview. Asked more scenario based questions than experience. 2 managers asking the questions. Very scripted. Takes about 10 days from start of process to get an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to implement change and what could of gone better?

Screwfix

Application

I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

Fairly straight forward and simple. Asked questions about where I have worked and expectations of the new role. One to one interview, no group stage. Short interview about 20 - 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Screwfix

Application

I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

Generic interview questions surrounding how you would work in a warehouse and how you handle situations with customers or when something goes wrong - how would you work in these situations.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you saw a customer around the shop looking at items and seeming confused?

Screwfix

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

Got told I had a phone interview the following day but they never phoned me back. I spent a good few hours practising questions just to be ghosted. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Screwfix

Application

I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and friendly. I have had worse interviews in my time so this interview went pleasantly. I got the job and the manager was a nice man.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Screwfix

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

Interview was easy.First it was a telephonic interview and then if you get selected. Then a face to face interview. The panel was nice. Competency based questions. Tell me a time when? Interview process was quick.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 171 Interviews

Screwfix Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Screwfix as 71.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.45 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Service Assistant and Sales Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Service Assistant and Retail Assistant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Screwfix takes an average of 14 days when considering 234 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Retail Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Sales Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 11 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Screwfix according to 234 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 32.35%