Screwfix Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 143 of over 143 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Screwfix

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Screwfix in Jun 2021

Interview

Applied on indeed, did a skills test where you were mock interacted with fellow employees and helped them solve problems and then had a phone interview the next day.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply to screwfix?
    Answer Question
  • Describe a time you maintained a relationship with a customer in the past?
  • Describe a time you have had to work in a team, what went well? And what went not so well?

Screwfix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

Applied for the position got an email inviting me to an online assessment. Got a phone call a few days later to offer me a phone interview the the week after. Interviewee was really nice, put me at ease straight away. Waiting to hear back in the next few days.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Screwfix (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland) in Apr 2021

Interview

i applied, two days later i was contacted for an in store walk through and general chat with the manager, a day later i was contacted to schedule an on phone interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Screwfix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted for 20mins. I was asked questions and then at the end I was informed about the working hours. I was then told I would get a phone call back if I was accepted or an email if I wasn't.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something about yourself?
  • Tell me a time you had to keep someone interested in what you were saying or doing?

Screwfix

Application

I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

They rang for a phone interview, and then scheduled an in store walk through interview. They asked questions about previous experience and why you applied for the position at screwfix

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Screwfix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

You have two interviews; a telephone one which discusses availability, hours and why you want to work there and a face to face interview with questions relating to your skills.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Goole, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Screwfix (Goole, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

After Appling on line , I was offered an on line selection process this was followed up by a phone call interview because I was successful in the process I was then offered a store walk round and a further interview

Interview Questions
  • they asked for 2 life time experiences in relation to my previous rolls

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bishop Auckland, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Screwfix (Bishop Auckland, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

I applied and about a week later had a phone to ask if I was available for an interview the following Monday. I was then phoned by the store manager who explained that there was 2 interviews and the telephone interview was a more formal one, and only 5 candidates would be invited into the store for a tour and a few more questions. I was asked a few questions and stumbled my way through them but the interviewer was really nice. Then told me about uniforms and things and we discussed my availability. He said he’d ring back the following afternoon/evening to let me know how I’d done. The next day he quickly rang and said I wasn’t successful.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation that you found difficult
  • Tell me about a time you had to build a relationship with someone at work
  • Tell me about yourself (first question- wasn’t really stated as a question)
  • Tell me how you handled a difficult situation over a period of time.
4 people found this interview helpful

Screwfix

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Screwfix in Jan 2021

Interview

Initial interview over the telephone with some basic scenario-based questions. Second interview with a different interviewer face-to-face (socially distanced) at the store I'd be working at. Both interviewers were very nice and approachable. The interviews were not stressful or serious and were more like friendly chats.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Screwfix?
  • You overhear one of your colleagues saying that they're not going to bother coming in tomorrow. What do you do?
3 people found this interview helpful

Screwfix

Application

I interviewed at Screwfix

Interview

Very simple. They ask a mix of skills, experience and scenario based questions. Fairly informal process from my experience. Definitely recommend applying for this role even with no previous experience in the industry.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 143 Interviews