SeatGeek Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SeatGeek Interview Questions

Interviews at SeatGeek

2.9

Digital Marketing Interview

Interview

Found the posting on LinkedIn and then applied on their website. Did a take home assignment about marketing thinking and excel skills. Then had two interviews with two different teams that I would work on, one audio and one video.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Had a phone call with the Director. He briefly described the main functions of the position. Then he described the candidate they are looking for. Finally, we went over my CV.

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek.

Interview

I did not get an interview. But the company was quick to reply with a kind rejection. Some companies doesn't reply at all but they did I am happy for that. Thank you

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Interviewed 2 times with engineers/managers and was brought on site for a full-day interview consisting of 4 separate interviews. Overall, a great experience. No ridiculous algorithms questions or anything meant to put you on the spot. The interviewers were professional and asked relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest challenge you've tackled in your current role?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Everyone is super nice, super friendly. Great people. I enjoyed working with them during the interview.

Where I am a little baffled is they wasted their time and my time by scheduling a phone call after my on-site to tell me "no". Like I love that they wanted to give me feedback (albeit very little), I would have much preferred an email to keep things asynchronous if they didn't want to talk.

Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated but the overhead, albeit light, on a phone call that will go nowhere and doesn't need my input is grating.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Started with a screening call and then scheduled an in-person to meet with a handful of people on the team. The in-person interview was scheduled promptly and was kept to 30 minutes per person so it didn't take up the whole day. Overall thought the response back was quick and transparency was helpful. One bit of caution would be that the reason I did not get an offer was because of something specific in my background which I felt could have been screened for prior to coming in.

Event Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

A one way interview (recording answers to text based interview questions), 2 video call interviews, 3 face to face interviews, reference checks.

Each stage was spaced out anywhere from 3~4 days apart to a week~a little under two weeks apart. Very drawn out waiting to hear what next steps would be.

I applied mid May and just got word back that they would not be moving forward with an offer, yesterday. Disheartening to go through the entire process to get passed on.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer who has proof of purchasing a ticket for an event, but has been notified that the event sold out and the purchase of the ticket is nullified?   Answer Question

Audio Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeatGeek (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The initial phone screen was very pleasant and easy (typical "go through your resume" questions). After the phone screen, I was invited for an onsite interview and met with two people on the team and given a marketing analysis test. Before starting the sample test, I was told: "we are just looking to see how you think". I was given about 10-15min to work on the test (pretty standard analytics test to figure out the ROI of a campaign) before having to explain your answers to the next interviewer. After explaining my answer, he told me that I got all the questions correct then moved on to situational interview questions. A couple of days after my interview, I got an email from the internal recruiter that I was not a good fit (which I was feeling indifferent about) and will be moving forward with someone else. I responded by thanking them for the opportunity and consideration but can I get some feedback for the future? Since then, I've gotten no response.

If you are going to take a few hours out of a candidate's day, the least you could do is provide feedback! Also, the company seems like they are dominated by WHITE, HETERO CIS-MEN. As a QPOC, I wouldn't have felt comfortable working them. NOTE: Unless you are a white, hetero cis-frat bro, I wouldn't recommend applying or working with them.

Interview Questions

• ChairNerd ran a rest on the Brit McAdams podcast. Her goal was to get as many people to use her promo code as possible. Each person who made a purchase with Brit's code would get $10 off of their order.

The following metrics were collected about the performance of the campaign. Would Chairnerd work with Brit again, given that Brit follows the average metrics of other podcast tests? (i.e. did the amount of commission Brit brought in exceed the total cost of the campaign)

Average metrics for all of ChairNerd podcasts:
      New ChairNerd accounts per listener: 0.001
      New ChairNerd accounts that convert to purchasers: 15%
      Company commission on sales: 25%

Brit's Performance:
      Listeners per show: 1M
      Average Order Value: $150
      Media Cost: $20 CPM   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SeatGeek in April 2019.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone interview and onsite with the team. Had a really great experience overall!

The Technical Recruiter Manager took the time to walk me through the technical interviewing processes I’d be potentially working with. It was down to the T; incredible structure, data-backed processes, and exemplary of what technical recruiting should be. If you’re looking for manager that could set you apart from most tech recruiters, he’s the guy to learn from. Additionally, I appreciated his candor on the expectations on hiring on the technical side. It was very realistic, which made me think that he -knows- the amount of work put into a technical hire.

The Director of Recruiting was also a pleasure to speak with. SeatGeek is one of the few organizations that are very intentional with operationalizing inclusive hiring practices and walking the walk with D&I. She gave me authentic insight on what they’re currently doing and where they’re trying to improve.

The other two recruiters I spoke to were more focused on assessing my stakeholder management and work style preferences/skills. Both were fully engaged in conversation.

Due to personal circumstances, I decided to withdraw, but in any other case, I would have loved to work with this team, if they saw me as a mutual fit.

Audio Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SeatGeek in March 2019.

Interview

I sent out my application and the next day a recruiter reached out to set up a preliminary interview. The interview was set for the next week and had a 30 minute phone call with a really nice recruiter. She asked me some basic background questions and told me she'd reach out within the next week.

Interview Questions

SeatGeek Response

20 May 2019 – Recruiter

Thank you for your thoughtful review of your interview process! We appreciate the time you took to not only interview with us, but let others know about your experience. We hope you find the best fit for you soon!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.