Sedgwick Law Firm Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sedgwick Law Firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Law Firm (London, England, England) in Jun 2017

Interview

Relieved not to be invited for another interview! First was their mix up on the date of interview. In the interview itself, the partners were not especially impressive, completely contradicting themselves regarding the type of work they do/want to do. e.g. They said in interview that they don't do dispute resolution work in London, yet their website describes them as disputes lawyers and lists all of their notable cases. Which one is it? They don't have an ambitious approach to developing the London practice, very low key, no intention of procuring international work. Risky approach post-Brexit perhaps. Partners spent rather too much time, unprompted, describing what a great relationship they have with the US offices, how much autonomy they have, how close all of the partners are, how collegiate the office is etc Yet to top it all off, they described how they get rid of and manage out people who don't "fit in" with the team. I'm sure all firms do this, but why ever say that in an interview? Having just praised the collegiate atmosphere? With so many excellent insurance law firms in London, I can't see a good reason to apply here over any others. I've met with a number of firms, all of which outperformed Sedgwick at interview by a long way. That said, if you want to kick back and not focus on your career right now, this seems the place to be...very low targets for fairly decent pay.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose these LPC electives (10 years ago!)
    Answer Question
  • What sort of work have you done?
  • Why are you looking to move?

Sedgwick Law Firm

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sedgwick Law Firm

Interview

This was for a senior associate position to essentially run a practice while the partner was traveling on another book of business. Internal recruiter call, two in-person meetings with the partner for whom I would be working, then a group interview with 4 other partners who were not even from the same office. They basically talked to each other, weren't interested in what I had to say or offer, and didn't provide me with any information about the job I would actually be doing. The thing that really got me was the conflicts procedure; there was no leniency on providing information from many years in the past. They wanted all party names, insurance carriers, outcomes, etc. from law firms I wasn't even at any longer. Spent 30 hours or so on it, and then they never even contacted me to let me know about the job. I called them every day for 2 weeks until they finally admitted they weren't ready to hire someone for the role. Obviously I did not keep in touch with them after that.

Interview Questions
  • How would you get other associates to do work for you if you have no formal authority over them?

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Law Firm (Miami, FL) in Mar 2016

Interview

Professional, the office manager was very informative of the position. They worked with my schedule to accomodate me at the interview. They provided a quick response and offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Sedgwick Law Firm (New York, NY) in Nov 2015

Interview

I had one phone interview, and then met with other associates. The process was stalled and I had to push a little to get the process to move forward and get the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why I was leaving my former firm.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Law Firm (Memphis, TN)

Interview

Interview was very straight forward with both personality and skills assessments. Identify and be able to clearly communicate your strengths and weaknesses. Phone interview was rather dry. Background and credit checks can take a week or so. Very clear when offer is extended -- either accept or reject it.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you and another team member had conflicting opinions on how to solve a problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Sedgwick Law Firm (Dubuque, IA) in Mar 2015

Interview

I applied through Concero. Did a skills assessment, and they told me they would send my evaluation through to Sedgwick. I finally hear back from Concero about a month later. They asked if I was still interested in the position, and set up an in person interview. I arrived early as requested, with a copy of my resume (not necessary). The interview lasted less than 20 minutes. All easy questions, but I felt some were repetitive (give an example of when you...) and would have liked to have had more. From the look on her face as I answered, I was sure I'd get the job. I got a rejection letter 5 days later.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sedgwick Law Firm (Kansas City, MO) in Jun 2014

Interview

Met with a few different managers. They seemed to ask me the same questions and mainly listened to my responses. After the interview they talked to each other and said they would be in touch soon with an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you were faced with an issue and how you resolved it.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sedgwick Law Firm (Dallas, TX) in Sep 2012

Interview

The interview process included two sets of interviews. One formal with the managing partner and a second informal interview with other partners. The overall process was pretty streamlined and helpful for getting a sense of the firm. I would highly recommend working at this firm.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sedgwick Law Firm

Interview

Was hired on the spot for a contract position after an interview and was hired permanently 2 years later after many delays

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Sedgwick Law Firm (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2012

Interview

Interview was with HR, and the office manager and several partner on three separate meetings. They took a long time to get back to me, at least three weeks. The was a background check, and a financial assessment. They were not good a keeping me in the loop and I called a few times to check on the progress. Some negotiations with benefits and final offer was mailed.

Interview Questions
  • What was a difficult work environment you had worked in before and how did you resolve the situation?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews