Sendero Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 3 Aug 2017

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

-Meet and greet the night before career fair
-Quick interview at career fair where I handed them my resume
Heard back a few days after career fair and got asked to submit my resume online. After submitting my application, I got asked to do a phone interview with a manager. The next step was an on campus interview with a senior manager. The next step was an in office round of interviews. This step included a lunch and dinner with an employee.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sendero

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

After talking at a career fair, I was invited to do a phone interview and then a second round Skype interview. Moving on to the final round, I was invited to dinner the night before the interview with some current associates. For the final round, I was interviewed in the office by two higher-ups in the company. I was also taken to lunch nearby with another current associate. I found the interviews to be mostly a matter of getting to know you and your resume, but also there was a small case study. My only complaint was the lack of prompt communication by the HR department.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero in March 2017.

Interview

There were essentially three actual interviews with people from the company prior to offers being given. Before you get to a first round/HR screen with Sendero, you have to meet with a recruiter at the career fair and then be sent an application via email if they think you may be a fit. After filling the application out, it took at most a week before I heard back from the company requesting that I schedule a phone call. First interview is mostly about your background/resume and a few behavioral questions. It didn't take too long before I heard back to schedule an on-campus interview, which consisted of an in-person interview that is part "get to know you" and part behavioral alongside a writing sample portion. After the second interview, it took about a day before an email about final round interviews and a night-prior dinner was sent out. The final interviews consist of two back-to-back meetings with a principal/sr. manager and a partner. This is followed by a lunch with an analyst.

Overall, a very quick process and not too stressful. It was fun getting to talk to people from the company. Recruiting/HR also respond very quickly, which was awesome.

Interview Questions

• You will be presented with a business situation and asked to do an activity with the information provided. It was basically a small case.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Started with a resume drop/application at college career fair, then a short phone interview, then on-campus interview and writing sample, last round was a final interview consisting of an office tour, a simple case study, and a partner interview. I heard back about a week later

Interview Questions

• If you could be a consultant for any company, who would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

After hearing about the company from a friend, I emailed my resume and a cover letter to the recruiting email found on the company's website. About a week later, I received an email asking me to complete an application. Two days after I submitted my application, I was asked to do a phone interview, which consisted mostly of behavioral questions. About two weeks later, I was asked to do a Skype interview, which was very similar to the first interview. Following that, the company invited me out to their office in Dallas for a final round of interviews. I had breakfast with a current Associate, and then I was taken to the office for two interviews - a small case study with a manager and a final interview with a partner, emphasizing culture fit. After my office visit, I did not hear back and receive my offer for another 3 weeks, which was the only negative aspect of the interview process. Overall, I had a very enjoyable experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • What are the pros/cons of a small management consulting firm? Large consulting firms?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the most challenging aspects of consulting?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when...
      -you failed
      -you diagnosed a problem incorrectly
      -you led a team or meeting
      -you had to work with someone who had differing views
      -you had to resolve conflict   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Consists of two main interview days where you interview with various managers, senior managers, and partners. On the final interview, you're invited to an office visit that includes lunch with a current associate. Everyone is very helpful and wants to make you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced conflict on a team and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

I interviewed through campus hiring. One round of on campus interviews, one super day in Dallas. All in all a very good experiences of getting to know people at the firm from the associate to partner level. Mostly behavioral with one small case.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple tasks at one time?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university career page and was told to talk to company representatives at the career fair. After the career fair, I was sent an application form via email. I then had two on-campus interviews. I received an email inviting me to an office visit. I had a dinner the night before, an interview with a manager, an interview with a partner, and finally a lunch with an analyst.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your team failed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

It was a long process. The firm puts a lot of work into their recruiting process to make sure you are a good fit for the company. I was able to meet employees from the associates to partners during the process. Overall, I felt that it was a fair process.

Interview Questions

• There is a non-traditional case study during the final round interview.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

Talked with an employee at a campus career fair, was invited to apply to the company. Passed the application and had two interviews and a writing sample on campus. Passed that phase and was invited to interview at the HQ in Dallas along with a casual dinner the night before the interview with a few younger employees of the company (<2years).

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions about behaviors/personality/interests.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.